The BATSUIT Thread

Batman Begins suit is probably the closest thing to a perfect live action version. I'd rework breast plate to make it flexible and less rigid. Also the neck. They went a bit too crazy with it, plus it's not flexible. Maybe make the cowl separate from the neck. But still keep the neck thick enough so it doesn't turn into the TDK suit. I'd also play with ears orientation and length a bit.

Agree on the fake six packs. I think the batsuit should take a page from Captain America's suit in the MCU.

Same goes for Superman too, no more six pack muscle suit.

Get rid of the bulky look! They need to return to the classic design, comic accurate, a lean look suit shows off the real muscle of the actor, simple and timeless design with modern material. If the actor can barely breathe or move when he is in the suit, carry a ton of heavy metal armor, fake muscle, fake abs on his body, how can Batman actually use it in real life? Impractical! (He need armor to protect himself from bullets? Come on, please! Batman is highly skilled in stealth movement and escapology, which allows him to appear and disappear at will and to break free of nearly inescapable deathtraps with little to no harm, he can evade gunfire with those skills and doesn't need armor to protect himself like Iron Man). The Batsuit should made of a special flexible technology fabric that has bulletproof and fireproof ability, a two-piece skin tight body suit with the trunks. Why bring back the trunks? It looks ridiculous, outdated and stupid on screen! LOL! It's completely impractical for the suit to function in real life without the trunks, what does he do in a one piece suit when he wants to pee? Take of the suit? LOL! The trunks work as a protective cover for the zipper in the crotch area with convenience purposes, so he can pee (or have sex?!) without having to take off the suit. Imagine a scene when he romances and make love in the Batsuit without the cowl, show off his face, in half Batman-half Bruce Wayne State, that scene will show two sides emotions of a character at the same time and he looks hot in that state.

Some other suggestions:
- The cape should attach to the neck piece, make the neck piece and the cowl separate, so he can turn his head around and take off the cowl without removing the cape.
- The cowl should have white lenses and can be open or shut at will.
- Make the ears on the cowl as an antenna.
- The emblem on his chest is a gadget attach to the suit.

RCO025.jpg
10019.jpg

71-b64_J7_Lk_L._SL1500.jpg

Agree! I think they could get away with CGI for the neck piece of the cowl, possibly... I don't particularly like the bobble head look Christian Bale had in TDK, but I get having the full cowl kind of limits mobility.

Agree! I think they could get away with CGI for the neck piece of the cowl, possibly... I don't particularly like the bobble head look Christian Bale had in TDK, but I get having the full cowl kind of limits mobility.
I don't like Christian Bale suit either, for the neck piece and the cowl I think they can make it work without CGI using some visual technique.

I like the overall shape of the test suit, but it definitely still looks like rubber. At least the JL suit looked like it could be fabric, instead of the molded musculature of the BvS costume.

I hope we get something more realistic and less Hollywood with Reeves' film. I've always loved the Batman Inc. look, and Bermejo's would be perfect if the cape wasn't attached to the Bat symbol.

Agree on the fake six packs. I think the batsuit should take a page from Captain America's suit in the MCU.

Same goes for Superman too, no more six pack muscle suit.

I really want something similar to what Bermejo draws... also take inspiration for Capt America - i felt the boots and trousers should be figure hugging with padded protection, similar to the military - it hunk the skin tight spandex look, for a human super hero... it's not unrealistic but i find it hard to translate and you just need to suspend belief - i think Batfleck has the most, reasonable.

A way to get around this is rarely show the trousers... it's always dark, at night, in the shadows... Bruce is all out ready for war, the suit should reflect that (IMO) - i also love the old style, steampunk look to the suit.

The "realistic" rationale there is under armour. The JL suit in particular has all these protruding patches to make that clearer.
Thing is, Ben Aflleck should have worn some kinda subtle muscle suit under his 'Bruce wardrobe' just to give him his legs especially a bit more muscle definition as he looked too lean out of the suit in some scenes.... and no amount of camera tricks and layers will change that - he had to have the shape he had in the suit to some degrees out of the suit, just so the transition wasnt too much

It seems like most of us have agreed upon the Batman: No Man's Land costume without even knowing it.

That suit is perfect. Fabric gray and black suit with the oval symbol, no trunks, mid length ears. It's actually pretty ideal. Some changes will obviously need to be made for a live action adaptation, but the basic suit that most of us seem to want is essentially the NML suit.

It seems like most of us have agreed upon the Batman: No Man's Land costume without even knowing it.

That suit is perfect. Fabric gray and black suit with the oval symbol, no trunks, mid length ears. It's actually pretty ideal. Some changes will obviously need to be made for a live action adaptation, but the basic suit that most of us seem to want is essentially the NML suit.
Just checked it out - looks like a basic, generic batman costume. It needs far more tweaking in my opinion... i guess the BvS looks like that...in many ways.

My problem with such "white eyes" is that how does this help actor playing Batman to show emotion ?

Imagine This Batman telling a kid not to be afraid (like the scene in Suicide Squad where Batman talks to Deadshot's daughter).

Well, you hire an actor to act. I’m by no means saying that it would be remotely easy, but I think it’s reasonable to say that a skilled actor could still emote despite that handicap. And that’s only IF the lenses aren’t retractable, which they should be.

thing is, the kid can also be written to not be afraid...

It's a dark alley, a man dressed as a bat is going to scare you, white eyes or not...

More streamlined suit. Grey with a solid dark blue cowel and cape.

It’s time.

You can convey emotion by means other than with the eyes; through expression [obviously, moreso if there's a partial mask being used], through tone of voice [if voice is being used] or through gesture. Masked characters have been done on film over and over and the ability to show emotion in my mind has mainly been down to the prowess of the performer wearing that mask, not necessarily the mask itself; for example - James Purefoy by all accounts couldn't do it adequately in the 'V' mask, so they replaced him with Hugo Weaving, who could (and did it rather well).

Retractable lenses are the way to go an I’d love to see them.
They would be so cool in a scene where bats is being seen from the POV of some criminals and he’s supposed to look like some type of monster.

Something like this might look pretty cool in live-action.

43778414_921213904742692_820044988332876552_n.jpg

Why can’t Bruce just wear a mask similar to deadpool in the fact this eye piece is covered - against acid, particles etc - makes sense

Batman Begins suit is probably the closest thing to a perfect live action version. I'd rework breast plate to make it flexible and less rigid. Also the neck. They went a bit too crazy with it, plus it's not flexible. Maybe make the cowl separate from the neck. But still keep the neck thick enough so it doesn't turn into the TDK suit. I'd also play with ears orientation and length a bit.
So change up the chest, neck cowl and ears...

I want a complete overhaul. No more neoprene/foam latex suits, no more rubber cowls. Let's see something that is genuinely different. While I appreciate Wilkinson at least trying to make the BvS/JL look like it had a fabric overlay, I'd like to see someone take a crack at an actual fabric suit.

I honestly wouldn't even mind a return to something a bit more tactical looking, provided it isn't fugly as all hell like the Dark Knight suit was. And I have yet to hear a good argument against retractable lenses. Best of both worlds, makes everybody happy. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Last edited:
I want a complete overhaul. No more neoprene/foam latex suits, no more rubber cowls. Let's see something that is genuine different. While I appreciate Wilkinson at least trying to make the BvS/JL look like it had a fabric overlay, I'd like to see someone take a crack at an actual fabric suit.

I honestly wouldn't even mind a return to something a bit more tactical looking, provided it isn't fugly as all hell like the Dark Knight suit was. And I have yet to hear a good argument against retractable lenses. Best of both worlds, makes everybody happy. Seems like a no-brainer to me.
Yes, it has to be a complete and utterly new costume.

It’s far from a perfect interpretation if you wanna change up the main bulk
I never said it's a perfect interpretation, because I never got a perfect live action batsuit. I said it's the closest one. Means other have more "problems" in my mind.

I never said it's a perfect interpretation, because I never got a perfect live action batsuit. I said it's the closest one. Means other have more "problems" in my mind.
Fair enough

For me, the BvS Batman costume is still the one to beat. Heretofore, I'd been waiting to see something like that on the big screen ever since I was a kid. I only wish the studio had opted to go with the more form fitting test suit, as opposed to the one we got in the actual film.

43984609_260810294618997_762971535848170683_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"