The BATSUIT Thread

For me, the BvS Batman costume is still the one to beat. Heretofore, I'd been waiting to see something like that on the big screen ever since I was a kid. I only wish the studio had opted to go with the more form fitting test suit, as opposed to the one we got in the actual film.

43984609_260810294618997_762971535848170683_n.jpg
I agree. The test suit looked ‘natural’ in terms of size/bulk... however. The JL suit for me has a less organic feel and more military in style which I dig and is that perfect blend - for me at least of padding/protection and style.

A0CC91CC-8194-467D-9FCC-7ED4174DE155.jpeg

There's something about the Arkham games batsuits that just feel more tactic per se. It's way easier to imagine a suit like that in the middle of a crime scene searching for clues. I like Batfleck's suit but I feel that design places an overwhelming amount of emphasis on the image of Bruce as a fighter and tosses a more tactical/stealth approach aside. There has to be a balance between both sides, a suit that'd look great in combat, intimidating but at the same time when you see him investigating a crime scene it doesn't feel out of place. I really hope whatever Reeves chooses, especially with the news of this being a detective movie first and foremost, places emphasis on that.

Put Batfleck's suit in a murder mystery and he'll look like a brawler trying to simulate Sherlock Holmes

Telltale Games batsuit is another great example too. Bat In the Sun's batsuit as well.

I'm not saying they should make an exact copy (although I wouldn't complain if they did, I'd also LOVE a live action take on the New 52 suit with it's tech and all) but just take the underlying philosophy of balancing all aspects of Batman in it. Not just the fighter stuff.

Last edited:
As for white eyes... I guess if you make them retractable so in scenes where he's talking with allies or civilians they can actually see his eyes but when he's confronting criminals they can't would be pretty cool.

You wanna know what I want?

Google "Mikel Janin Batman". THAT'S what I want.

There's something about the Arkham games batsuits that just feel more tactic per se. It's way easier to imagine a suit like that in the middle of a crime scene searching for clues. I like Batfleck's suit but I feel that design places an overwhelming amount of emphasis on the image of Bruce as a fighter and tosses a more tactical/stealth approach aside. There has to be a balance between both sides, a suit that'd look great in combat, intimidating but at the same time when you see him investigating a crime scene it doesn't feel out of place. I really hope whatever Reeves chooses, especially with the news of this being a detective movie first and foremost, places emphasis on that.

Put Batfleck's suit in a murder mystery and he'll look like a brawler trying to simulate Sherlock Holmes

I think that the Batfleck suit would work for the detective/csi scene that you are imagining IF the focus wasn't on a bulky Batman, which was the goal of BvS. A slimmer form in that same style of suit would make a world of difference.

I can only imagine what the new DCEU Batman suit will look like unless they keep the Batfleck suit

Agree on the fake six packs. I think the batsuit should take a page from Captain America's suit in the MCU.

Same goes for Superman too, no more six pack muscle suit.
Well that depends. Cap's suit from the first Avengers? Pass. Cap's suit from almost every other appearance he's made? Perhaps...

If they recast the role it only makes sense to change the suit up so the new look suit will look just as badass as the Batfleck suit

Well that depends. Cap's suit from the first Avengers? Pass. Cap's suit from almost every other appearance he's made? Perhaps...

I was leaning more towards the stealth suit in Winter Solider.

For me, the BvS Batman costume is still the one to beat. Heretofore, I'd been waiting to see something like that on the big screen ever since I was a kid. I only wish the studio had opted to go with the more form fitting test suit, as opposed to the one we got in the actual film.

43984609_260810294618997_762971535848170683_n.jpg
Test Suit is on point.

My problem with such "white eyes" is that how does this help actor playing Batman to show emotion ?

Imagine This Batman telling a kid not to be afraid (like the scene in Suicide Squad where Batman talks to Deadshot's daughter).

Marvel has put to rest the notion that “white eyes” are an impossiblity in live action films.

Captain Marvel's cowl offers a pretty convincing template to work from.

Captain Marvel's cowl offers a pretty convincing template to work from.
I legit didn't notice til' now that they just made her eyes glow while still doing the guyliner

I don't think the white eyes are impossible to do. I do think it's something that should be used sparingly, like he should'nt have them all of the time.

anything but the BVS suit, that bulk suit made Batman look like the old fat grandpa that used to go to the gym and now spend the time drunk, the kind of bulk guy that barely can walk or tie his shoes, i hated it lmfao

batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-ben-affleck.jpg

ben-affleck-batman.jpg

BvS suit didn't age well for me at all. At first I liked it, because it didn't look tech-y and overdesigned like TDK suit, for example. But it just looks bland and fat. I don't like short ears. Overall, it looks like a muscle suit. The type that Shazam wears.

Well, it's entirely possible to make that suit and not have it be so bulky - all I know is that suit, less bulky, longer ears, yellow oval? Yeah, I'd like to see that.

My top picks for the new suit would be as follows

1. Hush Suit

From the first time I read the comic I just loved this suit. The short ears, the return to blue, the pure black symbol on grey and the chunky utility belt made this one of if not my all time favourite.

2. Batman Noel

It is incredible how something so small as merging the Bat logo with the cowl gives the suit a totally new edge.

3. The Hellbat Suit

Now this one is kind of cheating but who wouldn't love to see Batman put this on to fight the likes of Darkseid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"