The BATSUIT Thread

aec96d7ea024341363aed022f9e3a930.jpg

uh...concept drawings aren't ever really a baseline for how the actual costume is to be fitted, unless it's CG.

uh...concept drawings aren't ever really a baseline for how the actual costume is to be fitted, unless it's CG.
yup, we need to start seeing concepts on models based on Pattison's physique which may be heard to pin down - i feel Kilmer's the most similar so far if we have to compare. Any suit can look great on paper. Otherwise all we are seeing is a cool image.

yup, we need to start seeing concepts on models based on Pattison's physique which may be heard to pin down - i feel Kilmer's the most similar so far if we have to compare. Any suit can look great on paper. Otherwise all we are seeing is a cool image.
Kilmer's cowl was great

I hate all the 90's cowl and the Batman Begins one to be honest. I can't respect a cowl that doesn't allow for neck movement lol
They need to ditch the one piece rubber cowl completely imo, even in BvS it clearly was restrictive, I think prosthetics (to allow greater neck mobility as well as allowing the actor's eyebrows and cheeks to emote) or a more mixed material design (think Daredevil with a higher budget) would be better. Same goes for the suit in general, fabric over a lightweight muscle suit is the way to go imo, Spider-Man films have been proving it works for years, just design the fabric suit to look heavier duty and it'd be fine.

They need to ditch the one piece rubber cowl completely imo, even in BvS it clearly was restrictive, I think prosthetics (to allow greater neck mobility as well as allowing the actor's eyebrows and cheeks to emote) or a more mixed material design (think Daredevil with a higher budget) would be better. Same goes for the suit in general, fabric over a lightweight muscle suit is the way to go imo, Spider-Man films have been proving it works for years, just design the fabric suit to look heavier duty and it'd be fine.

Thing is, i don't know why they don't, let's use the BvS cowl as an example, why they don't have it in two pieces and the seem under the jaw line is smoothed over with cgi so it looks like a one piece.

To be honest, the way i would go about it, the cowl is literally a front piece, covering the nose, eyes and cheekbones and brow area, perhaps a chin segment... with the rest being cgi. So the actor doesn't feel hot, trapped, restricted etc.

The reason why a lot of people dislike the older cowl is because they know that the cowl is restrictive, due to behind the scenes, commentary etc.. ofcourse the fact that the actor didn't move much, but movie magic really didn't make it seem that way either, they could have easily had a few cowls that allowed movement etc and used those then a bit of cgi touch up if need but yeah... cgi mixture is my idea.

Well that's all we're really comparing notes on is what I mean - the design. Leave the nittygritty for the costume & make-up dept. I have no clue what you mean by Kilmer's suit. Had a very Beetle definition to it.

Well that's all we're really comparing notes on is what I mean - the design. Leave the nittygritty for the costume & make-up dept. I have no clue what you mean by Kilmer's suit. Had a very Beetle definition to it.

I think he was saying that Val Kilmer and Robert Pattinson will probably be similar in body/build.

I think he was saying that Val Kilmer and Robert Pattinson will probably be similar in body/build.
Pattinson comes across as the lankiest of the actors who donned the cowl and yeah, sure Bale did The Machinist but still the vampire shtick fitted like a glove. We might really be in for a reinvention if it was between him & Nicholas Hoult based on body type.

Eh. No. I could be wrong, but I think Pattinson will be at least as buff as Charlie Cox in Daredevil Season 3 and best case scenario Skarsgard in Tarzan. We're in different times nowadays.
Also, while Pattinson hasn't yet gotten to Bale's levels of transforming himself, he is indeed pretty meticulous in crafting the appearance of his characters. I don't think he'd use his normal physique for Batman, he'll probably try to change his appearance as much as possible to disappear into the character like he tends to like to do.

Kilmer's physique, he's similar to Pattison - slim, broad.

My point is, until we actually see concepts, manips that relate to his body type, we won't see a true reflection of what a suit could be - it's no good showing us an altered BvS manip as an example as the proportions, mass is just off.

anyways... we'll see in time.

More like when we actually see what physique Pattinson will have in 8 months. Right now we can't really predict what he'll look like and how his body will transform based on diet and intense physical training.

Eh. No. I could be wrong, but I think Pattinson will be at least as buff as Charlie Cox in Daredevil Season 3 and best case scenario Skarsgard in Tarzan. We're in different times nowadays.
Also, while Pattinson hasn't yet gotten to Bale's levels of transforming himself, he is indeed pretty meticulous in crafting the appearance of his characters. I don't think he'd use his normal physique for Batman, he'll probably try to change his appearance as much as possible to disappear into the character like he tends to like to do.

thing is, definition is fairly easy to get... mass is the tough one. Lean up, hit the weights and before shirtless scenes pump out a few sets.. but to be bulky and still retain that lean edge.. will be tough. Any recent pics of Pattison would be a good indicator, i haven't seen Cox's physique, but i can imagine he is lean with good definition... ok i just took a look, he isn't very broad, good abs tho which create a good illusion. It's all angle work too...

thing is, definition is fairly easy to get... mass is the tough one. Lean up, hit the weights and before shirtless scenes pump out a few sets.. but to be bulky and still retain that lean edge.. will be tough. Any recent pics of Pattison would be a good indicator, i haven't seen Cox's physique, but i can imagine he is lean with good definition... ok i just took a look, he isn't very broad, good abs tho which create a good illusion. It's all angle work too...
Robert-Pattinson-Workout-2-1024x576.jpg

Here are some Pattinson pics from last year after training casually for a few months I think.

Assuming he looks like that right now, in 8 months time he should achieve a great physique after the intense physical training and strict diet, something like this:
Daredevil.jpg

But even then there's a chance for him to achieve something even more impressive.

Kilmer's physique, he's similar to Pattison - slim, broad.
kilmershl.jpg
I see that image and think, god damn, they did the impossible in making BTAS Bruce Wayne come to life.
Michael Keaton was too ripped to match that.

There's a world of difference between Pattinson's shirtless pics and Kilmer in Batman Forever.
I'm not concerned whatsoever as to what he can achieve whether over or under weight.

I hate all the 90's cowl and the Batman Begins one to be honest. I can't respect a cowl that doesn't allow for neck movement lol

Robert-Pattinson-Workout-2-1024x576.jpg

Here are some Pattinson pics from last year after training casually for a few months I think.

Assuming he looks like that right now, in 8 months time he should achieve a great physique after the intense physical training and strict diet, something like this:
Daredevil.jpg

But even then there's a chance for him to achieve something even more impressive.

these are very promising images.....

i bet we all didn't think 10 years ago we would studying Edward Cullen's shirtless pics #teamedward

Kilmer's Panther suit was quite Neal Adams-esque . A modern cloth version (without nipples , ah)
latest
would be great for Pattinson :
maxresdefault.jpg
maxresdefault-1.jpg
batman-forever-1995-val-kilmer-bka769.jpg
e023cd0132630c3e3c5e499988f3ee3c.jpg

A lot of the shape and especially ear-length of that Kilmer cowl is so perfect. Would love to see these elements show up.

I'm surprised to see so much support flaring up for a return to an all black suit. It wouldn't be my first choice, but honestly as long as it looks great and suits the tone and vibe of the movie, I'm game for almost anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"