The Battlestar Galactica and Caprica Discussion Thread - Part 1

That's why it's such a shame
Caprica was cancelled. The stuff they said they had planned involving Tyrell and Zoe sounded AWESOME

I never got why the centurions wanted more humans like cylons. That never made any sense to me, once it was revealed thats what ended the first cylon war. Then somehow the cyborg models became the ruling body of the entire cylon race. Its like they switched from having one master for another.

I never got why the centurions wanted more humans like cylons. That never made any sense to me, once it was revealed thats what ended the first cylon war. Then somehow the cyborg models became the ruling body of the entire cylon race. Its like they switched from having one master for another.

The centurions got screwed by Cavil and some of the other models. The centurions were hoping to stay with the five and all live together. Cavil highjacked that plan, wiped the fives memories, stuck them in the human fleet, and subjugated the centurions.

I must of missed that part about him subjugating the centurions. Seemed like the human models did not disagree though.

I must of missed that part about him subjugating the centurions. Seemed like the human models did not disagree though.

The human models were split when it came to Cavil. He is the one that dumbed the centurions down to servants and tried to do it again causing dissent and the cylon civil war. Cavil was a *****e.

I always wondered if there were any "good" Cylons during the first war. Or, rather, if there were any Cylons who rejected the "let's kill all the humans" thing.

Must have been. That could make for a cool side story.

I always wondered if there were any "good" Cylons during the first war. Or, rather, if there were any Cylons who rejected the "let's kill all the humans" thing.

Must have been. That could make for a cool side story.

Absolutely. This universe is full of potential, too bad syfy has pretty much canned it.

Aw man I forgot most of it. Lemme try and find a link for ya if I can from this phone

Jordan Duram survived the sniper attack and would have left the GDD and become head of a group called the Caprica Legionnaires, dedicated to destroying the Cylons before they rose up and crushed their creators.
Zoe-A, in her new skinjob body, would have joined the Caprica Legionnaries, keeping her nature a secret.
Zoe would have met one of the Final Five in V-world, providing her with an element needed to create her skinjob body.
On April 29, 2011, Murphy conducted an interview with the online fan publication The Caprica Times, in which he revealed several more details:[1]
Flashbacks would have revealed that the Graystones had difficulty overcoming the "uncanny valley" problem when creating Zoe's body, until 3 years after "Apotheosis", when Zoe noticed something strange that she followed through interlocking V-worlds "like the White Rabbit" until she came upon Galen Tyrol fishing at a beach. After Zoe explained who she was and why she was there, he gave her a fishing lure that turned out to be a piece of code crucial in completing her skinjob body.

There's an excerpt

well BandC is done now.

All in All, it was good. The ending was totally rushed though. Very sudden. It could have used another couple of segments just to get a little bit more action in there, or at least a reorganization of some of the ice planet segments to allow the narrative to settle properly

One thing I hate about shows featuring pilots, especially in the opening full length episode, is not putting that main character pilot, into his weapon/vehicle of choice, where it contributes to the story.

I would have used one of the ice planet mini-episodes, to reveal the double agent ****, then have her make a get away... leaving Adama to find the damaged viper of the guy who 'went home' chase her down and disable her ship, leaving her floating in space injured. Then everything could have continued as normal once he returned to finder Coker on the ice planet.

Seeing a pre skinjob 6 was cool

But this show has potential, and I hope that they can pick it up for real. One thing they really need to do though, is get rid of that wish-washy blurry lighting that they have going on. It's strange, unless framed in the form of a narration (say with JEOlmos narrating the show as a memoir).

With some tweaking, Blood and Chrome could be a really good show. With the background provided by Caprica, and the things to come provided in BSG, which the pilot has already done, B&C has a lot of potential still... and lots of places to go, from exploring the premature cancellation of Caprica, and to tease us with things that we know are coming... especially if the show is a little non linear, with long jumps in time between segments, allowing for an overall view of the remaining 10 years of the war.

Just watched Blood and Chrome. My god, dat CG Six. :funny: I don't think I've seen CGI that bad since Reboot I think.

Blood and Chrom was decent but just couldn't capture the Magic of BSG.

It needed more time to developer characters too. I would be curious if this would have gone to series how Saul would have been introduced.

I still say they should create a sequel set in modern day.

I'm sorry but why would you want that?

I just finished a rewatch a couple weeks ago. Forgot how beautiful this series was

If its a tv show, no need to already reboot. I want a sequel series set in our future.

I bet it doesn't have anything to do with BSG. The evidence is circumstantial and could be easily misinterpreted. Something to do with Halo seems more likely

I forgot nearly everything in s4. The final five WERE NOT reincarnated but rather the actual cylons with wiped memories is that right? Meh.

Daniel was not Starbucks father or genetically altered INTO Starbuck? I know what RDM said but I cant help but feel one of those options was the original plan and changed last minute.

One more thing... Could one in theory count the original BSG as canon in a "all of this happened before" type deal? Was Kobol the very very first place humans came from or was it another rebirth from an endless cycle?

I refuse to.believe Kara was some kind of angel. There isn't evidence against her being Daniel modified. Her "father" along with the piano guy could be subconscious false memories / feelings of what she is deep down inside...

I've never EVER heard anything about Kara being Daniel modified. Doesn't matter though. Show is over and that's nothing but a theory

Well Cavill said he modified /altered Daniel or something. It would kind of tongue in cheek reference Starbuck being a male in the original series... They said Daniel was an artist...Starbuck was too. Theory that he was either her father making her the first hybrid or he was her. Anders wrote the song but Daniel knew it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"