The Battlestar Galactica and Caprica Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Blood and Chrome fails, just drop the brand.

If Blood and Chrome fails, just drop the brand.

Id be cool with that...but let's see the first war at least....they just wasted 2 years on Caprica that could have been spent telling that story

I agree but I mean BSG was awesome and a total rarity in television. It was a Scifi show that succeeded and didnt have the title Stargate or Star Trek, then it had philosophy in it, then it had violence and sex beyond that of what a Viewer expects from a show of this type. Caprica had the chance to captivate the audience and critics but didnt do so well enough. Now Blood and Chrome has the chance to ride in on a white horse and bring back what we know and love but if this fails too SyFy needs to know that they are kicking what was once a aging horse into a very painful death.

That sucks but I am kind of ok with it. It did its job of showing us life before the Cylon war and basically how everything got started. If they manage to wrap some things up by the finale then it would have made a nice mini event.

That's terrible. I was really getting into it since it came back on.

Hopefully Blood and Chrome does alright, but it's really obnoxious how they're catering to fanboys who just want to see The War™.

I didn't watch the 1st half of the Capria season and proberly be luck to see a few episodes. I guess B and C has more prospect to it that SyFy would kick Caprica to the curb. If Caprica did have something going for it, it would have been showed near the finale.

Hopefully Blood and Chrome does alright, but it's really obnoxious how they're catering to fanboys who just want to see The War™.

because thats important.....its what defines the show....Syfy just WASTED 2 years on Caprica because they were trying to be clever

Well its not only Capricas fault for it failing in ratings. They put it on a long hiatus and then just suddenly bring it back without telling people. I wouldnt have known it was back if not for this thread.

Ihard of Caprica being pushed earlier and being cancelled from Imdb's facebook updates. Plus the Blood & Chrone announcement.

because thats important.....its what defines the show....Syfy just WASTED 2 years on Caprica because they were trying to be clever

Yes. How dare they try and do something interesting and different with science fiction. :whatever:

I loved BSG but thought it was a pretty terrible science fiction show. Helluva drama though. I never caught Caprica.

me too, especially last nights episode... it was awesome when Sam Adama walked into the Tauron Bar with the cylon prototype... awesome

This show hasn't even finished a full season yet... I wish they'd give it a chance. It's actually getting quite good.

It was a failure of the first bunch of episodes they released, things moved too slowly... but after the summer long break, everything is a step up. I hope there is a reconsideration.

Sad to see it cacenlled, BSG was such an amazing show I love it, I do hope Blood and Chrome will be as good as BSG, Caprica was ok not great like BSG.

Sad to see it cacenlled, BSG was such an amazing show I love it, I do hope Blood and Chrome will be as good as BSG, Caprica was ok not great like BSG.

I think if Caprica had played out its first season in one shot, the audience would have been much happier. Also, it wasn't quite the genre of science fiction we are used to, or were expecting. Caprica was a first step in trying to make a science fiction drama.

I really hoped that it could have made it to a second season. I wasn't in love with the show or anything, but it was a solid show that lingered too much on the early character development.

I felt much like this when BSG season one was being played in the UK, the first airing. The season was interesting, and there was about 10 seconds of action per episode. I was actually getting a little bit bored... then Hand Of God happened. I was locked in from there. Still my all time favorite episode (it's the renewel of hope, after a most depressing first season up to that point, and the way Baltar looked up at the camera when he realizes he is the hand of god, that really sold the episode to me).

Caprica never got to 'that' point with me. There wasn't that pivotal episode where I say to myself: 'that was awesome'.

That being said, the last 3 episodes have been super interesting. Like the cylons are pretty much ready to go, and the conflict on Tauron, then the OTGers. Like there is this massive interplanetary plot that's starting to form... and they're cutting it off.

I hope they have the option to finish it off properly, so it can lead into B/C in a pleasing manner. Or option the Caprica cast to perform in a prologue for B/C that could explain the technological dark age, and how Zoe and Tamara, the OTGers, the resurrection program, and Greystone lead to the awakening of the Cylon intelligence.

Agree aswell. Though I wouldnt mind if they stuck in some Caprica flashbacks when dealing with the Cylons. Be an easy way to close Caprica.

f that....Caprica was a waste

see Cylon, shoot Cylon...thats all thats needed here

Somewhat, only because it didn't have the Park. :o

I just want to see Saul frakkin' Tigh again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"