Days of Future Past The beginning sequence of the DOFP

Its just a personal taste proyect.

Some fans like the adn intros, and other preffer a "direct to the first scene" way.

Its not a big deal, lol

Yes, because First Class is DEFINITELY superior to X1 and better than X2 as well (though people are divided on the X2 vs FC front, which I understand). It's only natural that people on this FIRST CLASS SEQUEL forum praise FC. And liking FC doesn't mean you have to like the original trilogy. I used to love the first two movies but to me when it comes to First Class, there's no contest. X1 and 2 haven't aged well at all (not even going to discuss X3 and Wolverine because they do not exist in my mind) and again, seeing as how this is a FIRST CLASS forum, I'm totally allowed to have that opinion. Just because there's a good chance there will be some old cast in this film does not mean they're making X4... I think if you'll be watching DOFP hoping for it to be X4 you're going to be pretty disappointed.

And no, the beginning of X1 & X2, that whole "evolution leaps forward" speech, is tacky and unnecessary, just as it was 12 years ago. Even moreso when it's the SEVENTH X-Men film.

That's your opinion.And this is a forum for X-Men days of future past.:yay:

Since Bryan Singer is the director now, I'm hoping for a thrilling intro scene similar to the X1 and X2 where the DNA's and mutations flow through the screen with the logo and the final cut to the cerebro's door.

Any thoughts?

YES! That came through my head when I found out the Bryan Singer is directing DOFP!:woot:

My hope Is some kind of narration from Patrick Stewert at begining that helps set up the
themes of films with sentinles and then cut to erebro's door and that leads us to dark future.Similar to how begining of X2 hinted at phoenix.

And this is a forum for X-Men days of future past.:yay:

Which so far has not been referred to as anything else than a First Class sequel. Including the byline for this very forum:

Discuss the Bryan Singer-directed X-Men: First Class sequel here.

Last edited:
Which so far has not been referred to as anything else than a First Class sequel. Including the byline for this very forum:

Discuss the Bryan Singer-directed X-Men: First Class sequel here.

Precisely. I imagine that if the film does well and they leave the option open for it, X4 could potentially be on the horizon someday. But this is indeed a First Class sequel, hence why no one on here should feel obligated to like or dislike the old trilogy. But this is probably not the ideal place to repeatedly talk about how everything in X1&2 is better than FC.

On that note, I've already expressed my hatred of the X1-2 openings and how they really, really should repeat them if they want DOFP to be taken seriously. But now I'd also like to add that having Patrick Stewart or any of the old cast should be the absolute LAST options for reciting that tired Evolution speech (should they unfortunately choose to go that route). Opening the movie with the old cast would indicate to the viewers that THESE are the people they need to be following, that this movie is about them and not FC. When in fact it should be very much the other way around. The old cast should really not be getting more than 15, maybe 20% of the screentime. And I think even that is being incredibly generous. The audience will be expecting First Class 2, not X-Men 4. I hope Singer keeps that in mind.

My hope Is some kind of narration from Patrick Stewert at begining that helps set up the
themes of films with sentinles and then cut to erebro's door and that leads us to dark future.Similar to how begining of X2 hinted at phoenix.

It would be cool if both Patrick Stewart and James McAvoy narrated at the beginning of the movie.

yeah.

If the movie starts in the future, I would start the narration with James and then a transition to Patrick.

done well could be really cool and at the same time would remember the audience that this is the same franchise, even if there are alternate timelines.

I would love the DNA thing again, with the X door.

Hopefully the speech that we saw from one of Bryan's twitpics is the the voice-over for the opening sequence of this movie!

I never minded the DNA opening sequences of the Singer films, but I wouldn't mind it if they just jumped right into the action as others have suggested.

I imagine the first scene of the movie to take place in the future with X-Men fighting with the Sentinels.

Last edited:
Nah too early for the Sentinels. We need to see the process of what caused them to be implemented, who built them etc.

I say start with Magneto assassinating JFK

Nah too early for the Sentinels. We need to see the process of what caused them to be implemented, who built them etc.

I say start with Magneto assassinating JFK

Takes place in 73, a bit too late for JFK. Guess it could always span over time a bit more though.

Last edited:
Takes place in 73, a bit too late for JFK. Guess it could always span over time a bit more though.

Yeah, I never liked Vaughn's JFK sequel anyway. Its too broad a concept that killing JFK would lead to a post-apocalyptic future. The target needs to be fictional & closer to the mutant community. Someone who hates mutants, who's death leads to government protocols on mutant control that take decades to manifest.

Hopefully the speech that we saw from one of Bryan's twitpics is the the voice-over for the opening sequence of this movie!

You mean that Darwin quotation? That's a curious thing, because it suggests humans are heading for extinction while the new species thrives. The opposite of the comics version of DoFP.

exactly my thoughts when I read that quote.

I hope we get the mutation line in the beginning and then cut to the Original X-men being hunted by the Sentinels

Yes, because First Class is DEFINITELY superior to X1 and better than X2 as well (though people are divided on the X2 vs FC front, which I understand). It's only natural that people on this FIRST CLASS SEQUEL forum praise FC. And liking FC doesn't mean you have to like the original trilogy. I used to love the first two movies but to me when it comes to First Class, there's no contest. X1 and 2 haven't aged well at all (not even going to discuss X3 and Wolverine because they do not exist in my mind) and again, seeing as how this is a FIRST CLASS forum, I'm totally allowed to have that opinion. Just because there's a good chance there will be some old cast in this film does not mean they're making X4... I think if you'll be watching DOFP hoping for it to be X4 you're going to be pretty disappointed.

And no, the beginning of X1 & X2, that whole "evolution leaps forward" speech, is tacky and unnecessary, just as it was 12 years ago. Even moreso when it's the SEVENTH X-Men film.

This is essentially X4 and First Class 2 so..I think it'll be you who will be disappointed. It's Singer's 3rd X-film, he should absolutely have the Xavier monologue. It can maybe explain how Sentinels came to rule the planet. Maybe instead of a DNA code, it could be ...assembly of a Sentinel or something. X2 wasn't DNA, it was Cerebro.

Last edited:
This is essentially X4 and First Class 2 so..I think it'll be you who will be disappointed. It's Singer's 3rd X-film, he should absolutely have the Xavier monologue. It can maybe explain how Sentinels came to rule the planet. Maybe instead of a DNA code, it could be ...assembly of a Sentinel or something. X2 wasn't DNA, it was Cerebro.

I'd like that. Just like they showed the creation of the cure in the beginning of TLS, I'd love to see the Sentinels being assembled.

Thats the ideal opening scene!

I can't really imagine this movie starting in the 1970s.

It would be cool if they did the reverse of the beginning of X-Men, which went from the past in the 1944 Auschwitz camp to the present.

However, instead, this film would start in the Mutant camps in the future and then go to the past, with something like this onscreen:

Westchester County, New York, 1973
The not too distant past

It would be a great callback to the very first film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"