Days of Future Past Do you think the 'Days of Future Past' comic storyline was done justice?

Everything I've read says Fox owns the rights to make X-Men & Fan4 movies. I don't see the difference between what you've been saying versus what we've been saying.

And Marvel didn't "give" Fox those rights. Fox bought them. Same way Sony bought Spider-Man.

So you're saying Fox doesn't own the rights to make an X-Men?

No one is questioning whether or not FOX currently has the right to make X-Men or FF movies. The issue in dispute is whether or not FOX can effectively merge the two distinct licensing agreements.

Is there language in both the FF and X-Men agreements allowing for character crossovers? I don't know, but I doubt that it was included given that the X-Men agreement was signed back in 1993 and the FF agreement a few years later.

If FOX attempted to do a crossover and Disney/Marvel were able to obtain a legal judgement that this was a contract violation, FOX could lose both contracts. I don't see the studio taking that risk.

That depends if it is a contract violation.

It might not be.

That depends if it is a contract violation.

It might not be.

Agreed. But FOX would have to be 100% confident that the language in both licensing agreements allowed crossovers before doing so. If both contracts are silent on the topic - and I suspect this is the case - I don't see FOX risking it.

I'm sure there would be discussions beforehand if it was not 100 per cent spelled out in black and white.

But first we need to see the F4 re-established on screen.

Yeah, I'm sure the reason why we didn't get some FF easter egg in DOFP had to do with the fact that whenever the filmmakers put an easter egg in fans bend over backwards trying to fit it in with continuity or whatever when it might've just been something for the fans.. Good of them not to put the cart before the horse, esp. since the apocalyptic future is going to be erased anyways.

Yeah, I'm sure the reason why we didn't get some FF easter egg in DOFP had to do with the fact that whenever the filmmakers put an easter egg in fans bend over backwards trying to fit it in with continuity or whatever when it might've just been something for the fans.. Good of them not to put the cart before the horse, esp. since the apocalyptic future is going to be erased anyways.

I always remember in X2 Franklin Richards name is one of Stryker's file names, it was a nice touch which I imagine was missed by anyone in the executive level to make much stink about it.

If they could include Franklin Richard's name in X2 and have a deleted scene of Reed Richards doing a Wolverine face. I don't see why FOX should get in trouble for doing a X-Men V Fantastic Four: Dawn of Marvel movie. :D

Not that I'm asking for it because right now I don't like the cast of Fantastic Four reboot, but the only way I see it working is if the Fantastic Four are set in another reality and somehow, their world clashes together.

If they could include Franklin Richard's name in X2 and have a deleted scene of Reed Richards doing a Wolverine face. I don't see why FOX should get in trouble for doing a X-Men V Fantastic Four: Dawn of Marvel movie. :D

Spider-Man 1 mentioned Superman by name. That doesn't mean Sony can do a Spider-Man/Superman crossover.

So that does that mean that X-Men can also mention other superheroes without getting any trouble from other studios?

Then Fox could promote their Fantastic Four/X-Men movies in both series by name dropping or showing pictures of the other franchise. Plus they could do what happened in TASM2, teaser attachment to the credits. If that worked out for Sony, then Fox could do the same thing to their properties.

I don't know. The studios might just not have cared as much back then. They seem more vindictive now and protective of their intellectual property.

EDIT: The relationship between Fox and Disney in particular is atrocious.

Last edited:
If Marvel didn't sue them back then, for name dropping and doing a Wolverine face, I don't see why it should be different now. But then again, if Marvel sue them for doing it now, they could just say, they didn't choose to sue them before.

And oh, I think Fox can totally air a teaser to X-Men Apocalypse in the Fantastic Four reboot. Fox would just have to let their production partners - Constantin Films (Fantastic Four) and Donners Company/Bad Hat Harry (X-Men) to sign on an agreement.

Well, I think the film is much much better than the comic it's based on, so yes.

THANK YOU.

DOFP was groundbreaking because of its tone, its concept, and the fact that it came out of nowhere. But the two issues themselves are pretty meh. I remember being so excited to read it way back when and being disappointed. Colossus' off-panel death is the most random thing ever: "Oh, he's dead."

I wonder what happened to Moira MacTaggert in the film. She was in the DOFP comic and I was wondering if the filmmakers ever thought about putting her in, maybe a cameo or explanation, something?

She kissed Charles at the end of First Class hinting at a future relationship, then Charles wiped her mind or something and she went back to the CIA. In DOFP, you saw Havok in Vietnam and they mentioned what happened to Angel, Azazel, Emma Frost and Banshee, but not Moira which I thought was a little odd. I know she wasn't a mutant, but I would have liked to have known what happened to her in the 10 years since First Class.

Last edited:
There was a nod to her, I think, Trask bought up Xavier's thesis when Trask was presenting his Sentinel program to the Congress and McTaggert have read Xavier's thesis and thats why she recruited Charles to help the CIA in tracking down Shaw.

She kissed Charles at the end of First Class hinting at a future relationship.

That was more like a goodbye to me.

There was a nod to her, I think, Trask bought up Xavier's thesis when Trask was presenting his Sentinel program to the Congress and McTaggert have read Xavier's thesis and thats why she recruited Charles to help the CIA in tracking down Shaw.

That was more like a goodbye to me.

Yes, it was a goodbye. The fanboy part of me would love to see her setting up (and running) Muir Island, but we are unlikely to see that, unfortunately. Muir Island would be nice new setting to have in the movies, and so would Genosha.

It's time Magneto had a big lair like the comics - either Genosha, Asteroid M, the base under an Antarctic volcano, or the Atlantis island he raised from the sea in the Bermuda Triangle. Asteroid M seems the least likely. They shouldn't shy away from the fantastical stuff any more.

He did have a secret base in X1. They could sorta expand on that say in the next films and say it's on Genosha or whatever.

He did have a secret base in X1. They could sorta expand on that say in the next films and say it's on Genosha or whatever.

I think Genosha needs to be a lot bigger and grander than that.

The movie beat the original story with a big fat hose made of pure iron. On pretty much every reasonable level. The original story is good because of some of its major concepts, tone, etc...as a story it's really not all that impressive.

The movie beat the original story with a big fat hose made of pure iron. On pretty much every reasonable level. The original story is good because of some of its major concepts, tone, etc...as a story it's really not all that impressive.

^ Agreed, particularly with the assassination resolution. The movie's was more powerful and held more emotion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"