The Cape

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
NBC Picks up The Cape

Source:The Hollywood Reporter January 28, 2010

The Hollywood Reporter says that NBC has picked up a light drama titled "The Cape" from "Empire" creator Tom Wheeler.

Set in a fictionalized version of Los Angeles, it centers on a former cop framed for a crime who becomes the Cape, a masked hero, to clear his name and reunite with his son.

The project was originally set up at NBC in the fall. Wheeler wrote the script and is executive producing with Lloyd Braun and Gail Berman
I hate to be a pessimist in a thread that I've started, but I really dont see this lasting past one season.

Well, that's... a very basic super hero origin story. Can't know if it'll be good until we see everything else.

Sounds way too original. But I'm optimistic about it.

Eh, NBC hasn't been coming out with quality shows lately, and this premise seems it could be good, or very, very bad. After what happened with Heroes, I'm not very optimistic about it.

Summer Glau joined the cast, she's playing a investigative blogger who goes after villains with her blog. I didn't know bad guys cared about their public image?

I'm a huge Glau fan, so this addition to the cast is a plus. Still not holding my breath on the show though...But we'll see.

I'm looking forward to this show. Hopefully it won't suck.

capelogo.jpg

http://www.capesite.net/
“The Cape” is a one-hour drama series starring David Lyons (“ER”) as Vince Faraday, an honest cop on a corrupt police force, who finds himself framed for a series of murders and presumed dead. He is forced into hiding, leaving behind his wife, Dana (Jennifer Ferrin, “Life on Mars”) and son, Trip (Ryan Wynott, “Flash Forward”). Fueled by a desire to reunite with his family and to battle the criminal forces that have overtaken Palm City, Faraday becomes “The Cape” his son’s favorite comic book superhero — and takes the law into his own hands. Rounding out the cast are James Frain (“The Tudors”) as billionaire Peter Fleming – The Cape’s nemesis – who moonlights as the twisted killer: Chess; Keith David (“Death at a Funeral”) as Max Malini, the ringleader of a circus gang of bank robbers who mentors Vince Faraday and trains him to be The Cape; Summer Glau (“Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles”) as Orwell, an investigative blogger who wages war on crime and corruption in Palm City; and Dorian Missick (“Six Degrees”) as Marty Voyt, a former police detective and friend to Faraday.

This sounds pretty awesome. :up:

lol He looks cheesy as hell. But I'll definitely watch the pilot before I make any sort of judgement call.

Sounds fairly awful.

Not too sure about the outfit, but I'll still be giving the show a chance.

same heremaybe the cape will get his own subforum here

Does he have any powers?
Seems to be a normal guy, which explains why in one of the clips, he is trying to get Keith David to teach him illusions and escape artist tricks.

This show looks pretty cool. We haven't had a super hero in costume on network tv since, what, Nightman, The Flash?

Wow... I was intrigued about this show but, having just watched the three preview clips, I've gotta say that looked looked awful. The acting, the dialogue... Everything.

I thought they stopped making shows like this in the 1990's.

The Cape's costume looks awful imo.

Really, people think this is bad? I watched the clips for the other NBC shows, and it doesn't look nearly as bad as, "The Event." The clip for Undercovers also was pretty boring, but I have a thing about not likeing Abrams so...

So far, next to Chuck, The Cape will be the only thing I'll check out on NBC this year. Sad really, all the new shows on basic cable are pretty bland this year.

to much emphasis on "reality"shows by the nets and not attentio to action adventure shows

I hope NBC saw a different pilot than what clips I just saw or I have a hard time believing they have good judgment.

This would have been good cheesy fun along side NIGHTMAN in the 90s.

Last edited:
This has "Saturday afternoon" written all over it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"