The Avengers The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 2

In Captain America 2, I want to see him watch Murder She Wrote, eat dinner at 4:30 pm and write meaningless, frivolous complaints to his state senator.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

You, sir, deserve a Snickers.

Yeah, maybe it's funny because I'm a godless lefty, but I love Cap. He's really refreshing because he's an aspirational hero in an age of disillusionment. I'm really happy (and more than a little surprised)that Marvel, Evans, and Whedon have managed to make him relatable and likable without messing him up by trying to contemporize him or darken him.

I have to say, something about Captain America in The Avengers has boosted my like for the character 10 fold. Not to say I never liked the character. I've always liked him. But IDK, after seeing him in The Avengers, I just like...NEED cap merchandise, NOW.

Captain America's costume looks great in motion, he just needs a better mask/cowl.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

You, sir, deserve a Snickers.

Yeah, maybe it's funny because I'm a godless lefty, but I love Cap. He's really refreshing because he's an aspirational hero in an age of disillusionment. I'm really happy (and more than a little surprised)that Marvel, Evans, and Whedon have managed to make him relatable and likable without messing him up by trying to contemporize him or darken him.

The public's perception of Cap is generally really bad, but this movie's done a lot to steer them in the right direction. They see the name and costume and are immediately turned off. Marvel Studios deserves some serious credit, if it were any other studio they would have butchered the character to make him more accessible instead of just educating audiences to see the awesomeness that is Mr. Rogers.

It's unfortunate though, because I still see a lot of people not taking a liking to him. I don't know if more man out of time or action sequences with him could have helped.

I think Cap will get his boost from Avengers, like everyone else will. Now, Cap 2 won't make Avengers bank. I doubt that. But, do I see Cap's BO rising due to Avengers? Yes I do, and I would say significantly.

I think Cap will get his boost from Avengers, like everyone else will. Now, Cap 2 won't make Avengers bank. I doubt that. But, do I see Cap's BO rising due to Avengers? Yes I do, and I would say significantly.

I have a feeling nothing will make Avengers bank.:oldrazz:

I'm very curious to see who's going to be cast as Sharon Carter in Cap 2 since it's pretty clear that Amanda Righetti isn't her like some had assumed in "The First Avenger".

Which Captain America movie costume do you guys and girls like better, Captain America: TFA or Avengers?

Which Captain America movie costume do you guys and girls like better, Captain America: TFA or Avengers?

Both are good, but I like the suit he wears in The Avengers a lot more. It's so much more comic bookish. I love the cowl.

*runs*

"The Avengers", It looks more like the traditional costume from the comics with a few changes. Plus it looks more like a Superhero costume :cap:

I prefer the TFA outfit. I think it looks more modern and combat-ready than The Avengers outfit by a mile.

The Avengers, definitely. Not only does it look more "superhero" but also is functional as it was made by shield (and Coulson :)) Love the sleekness, TFA while good was a bit too armorish and bulky, and the deeper colors on TA suit are much more aesthetic.

And to those who say the TFA suit looks more realistic, I would say that the TA uniform looks like it was actually made by a international intelligence defense entity aka SHIELD. Much more streamlined and uniform-like.

Last edited:
Cap should have gotten the Black Widow treatment. She completely out preformed him.

According to this site Cap got the most screen time

Captain America: 37:42. He squeaks by Iron Man, which makes sense, since much of the film’s internal debate about selfishness versus selflessness occurs between Chris Evans’s Cap and Downey’s Stark. He shares substantial scenes with almost every character and is one of the last faces we see on screen, as he rides off on his motorcycle.

http://www.vulture.com/2012/05/how-much-screen-time-does-each-avenger-get.html

I like the TFA suit as a World War II era suit, but Steve would look odd wearing that while fighting alongside Iron Man and Thor. In that situation, he needed a costume closer to his comic book counterpart. I just hope they give him a better looking cowl next time.

Now this is some badass maskless Captain America. That's what I'm talking about! Best Maskless Movie Super Hero to date. Puts maskless spider-man to shame!

Hot-Toys-Avengers-Movie-Captain-America-008_1334920507.jpg

What do you guys think is inside Captain America's belt pouches?

The public's perception of Cap is generally really bad, but this movie's done a lot to steer them in the right direction. They see the name and costume and are immediately turned off. Marvel Studios deserves some serious credit, if it were any other studio they would have butchered the character to make him more accessible instead of just educating audiences to see the awesomeness that is Mr. Rogers.

It's unfortunate though, because I still see a lot of people not taking a liking to him. I don't know if more man out of time or action sequences with him could have helped.
It really is a shame, because Cap's a great character. He's been my favorite Avenger for years, before the MCU had even gotten started. I think the biggest issue with his public perception is his name. If Cap had been called, say, "The Sentinel" or something like that instead of "Captain America," and if he didn't have that big 'A' on his helmet, I don't think he would have engendered the poor reputation he used to have.

I'm very curious to see who's going to be cast as Sharon Carter in Cap 2 since it's pretty clear that Amanda Righetti isn't her like some had assumed in "The First Avenger".

How exactly is that clear? Just because she wasn't in The Avengers means nothing.

About his TFA costume vs his TA costume, I perfer TFA. I liked the darker colors and the two straps he had really made the costume look good. The new costume looks a little too bright, almost cheap. Well, not cheap, it's just hard to describe. His TFA costume just seemed more edgy and cool, though I can see how it might not look good in a modern setting. And I guess it was a little too bulky. It probably worked best for the time period the movie was set in. I hope his next costume(because I'm sure they'll give him a new one) is a happy medium between his TFA and TA costumes.

Just look how cool he looks:
detail.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"