Age of Ultron The Steve Rogers/Captain America Thread - Part 2

Im so getting hes hot toy

PD1422075198rvn.jpg

:hmr:

I wish I can afford it!

Saw Cellular on the box the other night, damn he was good in it. Great movie too.

That's one of my favorite "little" action movies, right along Red Eye and The Long Kiss Good Night. Good flicks, but were never going to be held up to the levels of Die Hard or Speed.

Where have people gotten this idea that Steve was some kind of serious, no-nonsense personality in TWS? He definitely his some quippy lines in that film, just like in everyone of his appearances so far. In fact, I feel like they have done an excellent job at giving Cap the same sense of humor in all the movies with lines like, "Before we start does anyone want to get off?" or his comments to Maria Hill about the twins allowing themselves to be given powers because from their perspective they were at war. Neither are fill in the silence humor to make himself look good (the sort that Tony often uses because he has a more bombastic personality) - they both make a point but at the same time both lines are meant to be a bit snarky.

Which isn't to say Steve is exactly the same from TWS to AoU, but then again he really shouldn't be. So much goes down in and between these films, and that should definitely have some effect on the character. As some people have pointed out - and as both films itself makes a point of bring up - Steve is more comfortable being a solider. In TWS even Natasha comments on him being more chipper once the whole Hydra subplot is established. So it makes sense that going into AoU where they start off fighting Hydra and where Steve has made a place for himself on this special forces style team that he would be more at ease.

And like I said, it's not as if he's never been snarky before. He runs into the final TWS battle saying, "If they're shooting at you they're bad" and while that may not be laugh out loud funny, it's clearly meant to be a "one-liner".

Are we ever going to finally get Steve Rogers and Peter Quill in the same scene? Considering C.Evans and C.Pratt seemed to have a really good friendship off the bat?

The more the MCU continues, the more I get to see Captain America as I always envisioned he would be. He's probably one of the most difficult characters to adapt successfully, and they have not let me down yet.

Clearly Hayley and Chris insist trying to make us all get into the Steve & Peggy ship.

tumblr_no5gveCYzt1rwo08wo2_540.png

tumblr_no5h0mJh5H1tdv8ego2_1280.png

ug!! we should really get Steve & Peggy, some kind of time travel, something!! :cwink:

Yeah, I think the outcome of what happens to Steve and Peggy is probably one of the most devestating relationships in cinema. And the fact that any woman that finally wins Steve's heart, will probably have it in the back of her head that no matter what she does, she could never replace what he had with Peggy.

Yeah, I think the outcome of what happens to Steve and Peggy is probably one of the most devestating relationships in cinema. And the fact that any woman that finally wins Steve's heart, will probably have it in the back of her head that no matter what she does, she could never replace what he had with Peggy.

yeah, and Chris/Hayley doing the twitter talk and the fanart posting etc, is not helping for any other relationship for Steve.

oh yeah this all reminds me of the video i made with Steve and Peggy. I wish I could show it to you all...but I cant...due to copy right.

With how much he still communicates with Hayley, it's no wonder why people can't see him be with anyone else on-screen.

With how much he still communicates with Hayley, it's no wonder why people can't see him be with anyone else on-screen.

I never even knew that these two communicated like this before today, and long before that, I was already finding it difficult for a woman to be good enough for Cap. Or, at least not Sharon or Natasha. I'm more welcoming of a possible Wanda, Sif or maaaayyyyybbbeeee Maria Hill.

I never even knew that these two communicated like this before today, and long before that, I was already finding it difficult for a woman to be good enough for Cap. Or, at least not Sharon or Natasha. I'm more welcoming of a possible Wanda, Sif or maaaayyyyybbbeeee Maria Hill.

oh, it´s rare that Chris interacts so much on twitter, the other person he talked a lot was with Octavia Spencer. But Hayley and Chris are close friends since they made TFA, she shared stories about playing running charades that end up in sliding competitions with socks on his woods floor; drinking beer and playing computer games or pizza dinners, she has said about their relationship "we are like children" LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"