Age of Ultron The Steve Rogers/Captain America Thread - Part 2

When Evans walks around as Cap in this movie like an uncomfortable caricature of a superhero with the way he carries his arms around like they're too big to rest at his side ... it makes me crack up.

Good for you. So pleased for you. Really.

Hey guys... I'm definitely feeling the love for Steggy. :) Watching Hayley crashing Chris's panel at Salt Lake City ComicCon was awesome. And cute...you know honestly, since TFA came out, I really didn't have a care for Steve and Peggy despite what went down towards the end but over the years, the more I watched the movie, I started to gain a little more appreciation for both Characters. It wasn't until I saw The Winter Soldier, that's when it finally clicked in with me...at that time it had been a while since I saw TFA but at the same time, I had no idea that Chris and Hayley were that close.

Thanks to Hayley and her newfound love of Dubsmash, I felt she won me over and then I saw the one where she flew to Atlanta where Chris was shooting CW and I was like at a loss for words. That's when I realized the importance of Steve and Peggy was something real special. The chemistry between Hayley and Chris - I can't describe how awesome it is just seeing them together having a good time. Going back and re-watching TFA, made me appreciate their respective characters a lot more now and how they fit in the MCU. What makes me sad is that Steve never got the chance to be with Peggy. :( Its devastating...oh the idea of what could of been makes me mad.

So there you have it...I feel like I've gained a good deal of understanding and appreciation for Steggy now than I never did before. And I wanna say props to Hayley and Chris for making me see and understand what I missed the past several years. I love them both now. God, they should just get married and have babies already. They'd make a great couple. :hrt: Steggy forever! :D

Just rewatched. Cap goes toe to toe with Ultron, and it is glorious.

When Evans walks around as Cap in this movie like an uncomfortable caricature of a superhero with the way he carries his arms around like they're too big to rest at his side ... it makes me crack up.

Uhhhh..OK. Evans is no stranger to the big boy rack at the gym. Add in the shield straps under his armpits and he has an even bigger look. That doesn't make him a caricature. It makes him look all the more powerful.

Uhhhh..OK. Evans is no stranger to the big boy rack at the gym. Add in the shield straps under his armpits and he has an even bigger look. That doesn't make him a caricature. It makes him look all the more powerful.

I didn't say he wasn't built. I'm talking about the way he walks as Cap.

I didn't say he wasn't built. I'm talking about the way he walks as Cap.

I don't understand your objection. He's an actor with a massive upper torso, wearing a bulky costume that includes straps under his arms. Of course he's going to have a jacked type of walk, and that's perfect for the character.

This isn't a simple case of a guy who lifts walking round like he's carrying a couple of large boxes to make himself look bigger; Evans' waist is so thin it just looks like he's putting his arms out. But he isn't.

I don't understand your objection. He's an actor with a massive upper torso, wearing a bulky costume that includes straps under his arms. Of course he's going to have a jacked type of walk, and that's perfect for the character.
This isn't a simple case of a guy who lifts walking round like he's carrying a couple of large boxes to make himself look bigger; Evans' waist is so thin it just looks like he's putting his arms out. But he isn't.
^^Both of these^^ It's just the way he's built naturally with his wide shoulders and a more narrow waist (and combined with the work that he puts in to have the Cap physique, it probably exaggerates the situation more) - he's shaped like a Doritos chip. Then you add in the way the uniform is made....Not really sure how the guy can be faulted for something he doesn't really have much control over (unless you don't want him to bulk up at all to play Cap).

^^Both of these^^ It's just the way he's built naturally with his wide shoulders and a more narrow waist (and combined with the work that he puts in to have the Cap physique, it probably exaggerates the situation more) - he's shaped like a Doritos chip. Then you add in the way the uniform is made....Not really sure how the guy can be faulted for something he doesn't really have much control over (unless you don't want him to bulk up at all to play Cap).

After watching the movie again, I noticed that his AoU uniform was padded in the shoulder area even more than his STRIKE suit.

Captain Rogers can definitely lift Mjölnir. It seemed like after he realized he could actually lift it he just pretended to not be able to anymore.

Captain Rogers can definitely lift Mjölnir. It seemed like after he realized he could actually lift it he just pretended to not be able to anymore.

I've rewatched the film, Steve isn't trying. However Thor noticed that it moved slightly and he was nervous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"