The Avengers The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cap is tied with Thor for my favorite character in this film.

Liked how agile he was, and his relationship with Tony.

Despite RDJ being 15+ years older, I felt like Steve and Tony were the same age.

Also, for some reason, I felt I saw a small bit of chemistry between Steve and Natasha when they met.

Thor and Cap are my two favorite characters in the film as well, although Thor is number one for obvious reasons.

Mindless is the wrong word. In an interview with Whedon he specifically said he wanted a valid reason for the two to come to blows. The fight wasn't about bragging rights. Thor attacked the quinjet, at which point they can't be sure that Thor is a "friendly" ..... IM does what he felt he needed to do, which was to get Loki back because without him they cannot get to the cube. IM began testing Thor's patience and neither were about to stand down because of the intensity of the situation. Cap was the voice of reason because each guy was essentially fighting for the same thing.

Oh I know their motivations for fighting, and it is understandable since Tony has a big ego, overconfident, and very volatile, while Thor is a warrior who loves fighting, and is over emotional because of his brother. Thor took "Tony's stuff", Tony wants Loki for the cube, Thor wants Loki to come home= brawl. I said it was mindless, because I know that is what Cap was thinking at that time. It's the reason he told Iron Man to plan first before attacking, for Cap, Tony attacking Thor without thinking it through is reckless. It's also the reason he said "that's enough" and "are we done here". Cap was indeed the voice of reason, he saw the brawl as a mindless and reckless affair that needs to be stopped because for Cap, talking and reasoning is better. The 2 guys are destroying each other and the environment when they can just talk things through and reason with each other. But I'm glad Tony is Tony, and Thor is Thor in this movie, if they were all voices of reason all the time like Cap, there wouldn't have been the great Tony-Thor fight. Joss knows his characters especially the big 4.

A friend of mine talked about how he thought Cap was shortchanged in the movie.

I almost slapped him.

That was my reaction after the 1st viewing, that there wasn't enough Cap. But after further viewings, I can see how Whedon loves Cap. That's what's great about the movie, I get a new favorite after each viewing= meaning they all had the time to shine.

There was far more Cap than Thor I can tell you that much and I was still satisfied.

Yeah I agree, after 4 viewings, Tony had the most screen time and dialogue, followed by Cap. I think Hulk and Thor had the same amount.

Am I the only one who thinks that Chris Evans' Captain America looks cooler without his mask on? I know a lot of people don't like the whole "maskless hero" thing that super hero movies do often, but I think he looks cooler and more badass without it.

Am I the only one who thinks that Chris Evans' Captain America looks cooler without his mask on? I know a lot of people don't like the whole "maskless hero" thing that super hero movies do often, but I think he looks cooler and more badass without it.

I love Chris in a mask better.

He looked badass with and without the mask in my opinion, but I think I'm leaning towards the "maskless" look.

I'm really glad that Cap was clearly the leader in this movie. :up:

As far as the mask goes, I'm still not the biggest fan of the "hood mask". He does look great without it though.

I hope to see even more leadership moments in the sequel. And a friendlier relationship between Tony and Cap, which we had a glimpse of in the ending of the movie.

I liked him better without the mask. After seeing a couple times i'm comfortable saying Evans had the best performance in the movie imo. He had a lot more acting to do facially and expression-wise, and with subtle movements, than anyone else.

what does he say after he gets knocked down?

Thor says ready for another bout?

then what does cap say?

I'll say this I prefer to see the hero with their mask or cowl on, But in Evans case as Cap he made it work very well without it on .

Cap was ****ing awesome in this flick. The least flashy of them all stood out to me the most. And it wasn't even so much the leadership or the increased physicality (which were both awesome), but the little things, like saying ma'am to Widow and Hill, or calling the one pilot 'son'.

I just wish we could have gotten a couple more scenes, maybe the diner one and the one in his apartment. Wouldn't want to bloat the movie much further but another minute or two of that stuff would've been nice. But alas.

Great writing and great performance from Chris.

Cap was ****ing awesome in this flick. The least flashy of them all stood out to me the most. And it wasn't even so much the leadership or the increased physicality (which were both awesome), but the little things, like saying ma'am to Widow and Hill, or calling the one pilot 'son'.

In Captain America 2, I want to see him watch Murder She Wrote, eat dinner at 4:30 pm and write meaningless, frivolous complaints to his state senator.

I laughed when Rogers gave Fury the 10 dollars after he lost the bet.

The look on Sam's face when he gets the 10 dollars is hilarious to me. To me it says like ''You didn't have to actually pay me the 10 dollars, Steve. Nobody does that.''

Cap I agree was awesome in this movie, and really helped carry it. The movie I feel was carried by Cap, Hulk, Iron Man, and Fury. Those 4 carried it the most (outside of Loki, of course...just talkin in terms of heroes). Cap gave the team direction, and showed concern/attention to the small details.

Loved this movie so much, and Cap was a big part of it.

That was great because it caught me by surprise lol.

The scene was played out perfectly by Evans & Jackson, Clearly Fury wasn't actually expecting Rogers to pay up since he meant it only as an expression but because Rogers is old-fashion he remain true to his character.

Here's Cap profile with Thor & Hulk from Coulson's package to Stark
avengersvfx10003layer7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"