The Avengers The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
captain-america-chris-evans-sebastian-stan-movie-image.jpg

I'm trying to understand why this thread hasnt been made yet, lol.

Discuss the LEADER of the Avengers here.

Cap's basically a gold medal level Olympics athlete in every category. So he's as strong as the strongest weight lifter, he's as agile as the best gymnast, as fast as the quickest sprinter etc. Like imagine he was in the Olympics, he'd break records in every category.

He's also got a brilliant tactical mind. And if anyone noticed in TFA, he seems to have a photographic memory. He remembered the locations of Red Skull's factories after just a quick glance at the map. Which was a great way of showing that the serum enhanced his mind as well as body.

The strongest weight lifter on the planet couldn't toss a guy with one hand over a huge tank like Cap did in CA:TFA. It's clear he's quite a bit more powerful than that. He's a cut above any Olympian in any event.

The strongest weight lifter on the planet couldn't toss a guy with one hand over a huge tank like Cap did in CA:TFA. It's clear he's quite a bit more powerful than that. He's a cut above any Olympian in any event.

That's why I "fixed" his post when I quoted him a couple pages back.

I remember reading a few months ago someone associated with the movie (I think it was Joss) who said to think of Cap's abilities as someone who'd hold every current mens olympic world record plus add 25%.

I thought that made a good analogy.

I remember reading a few months ago someone associated with the movie (I think it was Joss) who said to think of Cap's abilities as someone who'd hold every current mens olympic world record plus add 25%.

Exactly.
It was The Director of CA:TFA who said that.

Yep, I don't think there's any human on earth that can send a heavy flying across the room like Cap does in the trailers.

Ivan Drago?
Which, BTW if Evans can get into that Shape (NOT SIZE necessarily 'cause the guy is like 6'6" or something) it would be pretty cool, in future.

I'd even say he's more than 25% + Olympian because the way he punched that sandbag and sent those Hydra goons flying over tanks like rag dolls shows he's quite powerful.

I'd say he's triple the strongest, fastest, & agile Olympian out there.

I'd even say he's more than 25% + Olympian because the way he punched that sandbag and sent those Hydra goons flying over tanks like rag dolls shows he's quite powerful.

I'd say he's triple the strongest, fastest, & agile Olympian out there.
Well, I remember reading a quote from the writers, where they alluded that Steve could possibly develope or get even better with time.
Which I have NO problem with as long as he's not overhead pressing and tossing a car.

I remember hearing reports of Mike Tyson punching a similar bag off the support on the ceiling. I think there were press reporters there at the time. People watching going...... Whoooooah No Way!!

Yah, I know.
Just joking there.

Oh ok, I should've known from the emoticon you used.

Lol

I remember hearing reports of Mike Tyson punching a similar bag off the support on the ceiling. I think there were press reporters there at the time. People watching going...... Whoooooah No Way!!

Yeah but did he send it flying all the way across the room?

Last edited:
Well, I remember reading a quote from the writers, where they alluded that Steve could possibly develop or get even better with time.

Which I have NO problem with as long as he's not overhead pressing and tossing a car.
I'd like to see that.

I don't know, I think he was as strong as he should get in CA:TFA although I'd like to see him display more agility and heightened reflexes.

Oh ok,I should've known from the emoticon you used.

Lol

I remember seeing a guy tell a story about Bruce Lee, that he kicked a bag, sent it flying AND burst it.
Unverified, that I know of, but Lee was one of those guys with that mystique about him, that no matter how improbable a story about him sounded, I'd go, "huh... I could maybe see that happening"

I remember seeing a guy tell a story about Bruce Lee, that he kicked a bag, sent it flying AND burst it.
Unverified, that I know of, but Lee was one of those guys with that mystique about him, that no matter how improbable a story about him sounded, I'd go, "huh... I could maybe see that happening"

Yep and kicks are MUCH more powerful than punches so I could kind of see that happening (it is Bruce Lee after all), so just imagine what would happen in Cap kicked a heavy bag.

Oh ok,I should've known from the emoticon you used.

Lol

I can't remember if I heard it from a friend or read/heard it in the media. It may not even be true but I remember how impressed I was.

Tyson was pretty awesome in his day.

I can't remember if I heard it from a friend or read/heard it in the media. It may not even be true but I remember how impressed I was.

Tyson was pretty awesome in his day.

Yeah that's very impressive, you have to be able to hit pretty hard just to get those things to move back and forth.

Tyson was very awesome back in his day, people still use the name "Mike Tyson" to describe someone who hits hard or is a good fighter (sometimes even both).

Thanks for the feedback!

I can't wait to see Cap in action in the Avengers. And judging by that forest fighting we have seen in the trailers, I think the point of that scene is to show that no one is superior to the other Avengers, as that epic shot with the Big Three looks like a draw/stalemate.

And one follow-up thought, do the Avengers really NEED Captain America? Wouldn't being without Hulk or Thor be a much bigger weakness? What does he do that the others can't?

Thanks for the feedback!

I can't wait to see Cap in action in the Avengers. And judging by that forest fighting we have seen in the trailers, I think the point of that scene is to show that no one is superior to the other Avengers, as that epic shot with the Big Three looks like a draw/stalemate.

And one follow-up thought, do the Avengers really NEED Captain America? Wouldn't being without Hulk or Thor be a much bigger weakness? What does he do that the others can't?
35-47
[YT]ehSMJypYSDM#t=35s[/YT]

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback!

Thor is my favorite superhero ever, but I would be the first one to tell you that Cap is a much better leader and without his tactical abilities The Avengers just wouldn't work.

Ok thanks guys! Because its just a natural question that comes to mind whenever there's a superhero or villain that doesn't have an eye-catching, "flashy" power like Spider-man or Thor. A lot of friends ask me these types of questions, like what makes the Joker dangerous, etc.

I really appreciate Cap more because he's not a God of Thunder or a green rage monster.

Who do you guys think will be the one who delivers the game-winner, the victorious blow to Loki? Or will it be a team effort? In team-ups like this, how do the writers pick who is gonna be the real "Hero"? Of course, they're all heroes, but even still there's always the Hero among the heroes. IMO, the best candidate is obviously Steve Rogers, but Thor would also make sense as he's Loki's own brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"