Civil War The Captain America: Civil War News & Speculation Thread TAG SPOILERS! - Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's already a near flawless trilogy (I haven't seen Civil War yet but I have no doubt I will love it). The first movie is underrated in my opinion. I love that movie to death.

I loved TFA. It had to be a way different film than Civil War or Winter Soldier were, and I think Joe Johnston made the movie we needed the first go around.
I like it, but nowhere near as much as the last 2 films which are both right at the top of the table for CBMS. I can see why the first film would be a fave for a lot of fans but it doesn't quite get the level of universal love that TWS gets. I think Joe Johnston could have given us a good sequel but not one as good as TWS. The Russos are taking it to the next level (for me).

I like it, but nowhere near as much as the last 2 films which are both right at the top of the table for CBMS. I can see why the first film would be a fave for a lot of fans but it doesn't quite get the level of universal love that TWS gets. I think Joe Johnston could have given us a good sequel but not one as good as TWS. The Russos are taking it to the next level (for me).

But again, Cap in the 40s world is not the same as Cap in the modern world. The tone of the Russos films wouldn't have been as right for the 40s era they were trying to build. This is why TFA is exactly the film it needed to be.

But again, Cap in the 40s world is not the same as Cap in the modern world. The tone of the Russos films wouldn't have been as right for the 40s era they were trying to build. This is why TFA is exactly the film it needed to be.

I agree. I don't think the first one could have been done any other way. For me it's greatest attribute still is showcasing Cap as a likeable and honorable character who u just have to root for. Honestly my love for Cap started with that movie.

Same. I had zero interest in Captain America prior to watching that movie. Thor was my favorite, but in MCU, Cap is my favorite.

Oddly enough, my love for Cap started in Civil War
I understand why people take issue with the story's mischaracterizations

but the second Cap f***ed up SHIELD and jumped off that Helicarrier, I was hooked

went out and got a Cap Shield tattoo not long after

Got these a my viewing today. I don't know why they had the AoU cup toppers this late
LVg14yS.jpg

Probably the second film in less than a year where people actually CLAPPED at the end of it, the other was DP

I just got back from Civil War, and God is it good. On the same level of TWS, if not better. I have a soft spot for TFA, it is definitely one of my favorites. The tone isn't the problem with it. It is as beautiful and sincere as the other two Cap films. The problems are of a narrative and villain nature.

Every complaint I ever had about the Avengers. The narrative, the similar voice of the characters, the action. It was all answered here. This would have been the near perfect Avengers flick if it wasn't already almost the perfect Cap film.

I don't think a change of tone is beyond them. These are the guys responsible for You Me and Dupree after all. :woot:

I just got back from Civil War, and God is it good. On the same level of TWS, if not better. I have a soft spot for TFA, it is definitely one of my favorites. The tone isn't the problem with it. It is as beautiful and sincere as the other two Cap films. The problems are of a narrative and villain nature.

On the villain front, when I heard Hugo Weaving was playing Red Skull I was confident I'd be seeing one of my favourite villain performances. For some reason that didn't happen. On the flipside, the intimacy of villlains in having Cap's best friend in the 2nd film and then Stark & co fullfilling those roles in CW really helped those films.

That last shot of the film, with the V.O. Yeah, they got me right in the feels. Two of the best final shots belong to the Russos.

Got my tix for the 3D showing at 8 pm tonight. I'm less than 2 1/2 hours from seeing this awesomeness!!! Super stoked. Sadly, this is the first MCU film I didn't see early or at the Thur premier. Adulting sucks sometimes.

Every complaint I ever had about the Avengers. The narrative, the similar voice of the characters, the action. It was all answered here. This would have been the near perfect Avengers flick if it wasn't already almost the perfect Cap film.

It's basically an Avengers flick. All the other Avengers movies were Tony-centric. This one happens to be Cap and Tony-centric.

Last edited:
That last shot of the film, with the V.O. Yeah, they got me right in the feels. Two of the best final shots belong to the Russos.

Falcon's knowing smile, then Steve stepping out of the shadows as his VO says "I'll be right here" (or something similar) was just the perfect way to close out the film.

I hate my friends. I'm always early to get good seats and they ALWAYS show up right before a movie starts. I think I should just head to movies on my own or with just family now. Legit pissed.

I hate my friends. I'm always early to get good seats and they ALWAYS show up right before a movie starts. I think I should just head to movies on my own or with just family now. Legit pissed.

You know what? You should say that you're waiting for them, but in reality you're just in another cinema by yourself watching the movie on your own terms without depending on anyone else.
I've been going to the movies by myself for like... almost 9 years now, and while I still go out with friends or my dad, I like having the option of just being by myself without worrying about anything else. It's great.

Just went to see Civil War today on IMAX, and there are no words to describe how amazing this movie is. CW not only delivered on the action sequences (the airport scene has to be seen to believe), but the third act gave me all the feels. Without a doubt, this is not only the best MCU movie ever made, but the greatest superhero movie ever as well.

10/10

Yup. TFA could have used an extra ten minutes to really round out Cap's life before he went into the ice, but other than that I have zero complaints.

9.5/10

Russo bro's and Markus/McFeely pulled off a minor miracle here. to have this many characters in a movie and service them all that well..damn, can't give them enough credit. All the actors brought their A-Game. Spidey was so damn good.

Black Panther...lawd ha Mercay. Thank you based Marvel. i've waited for this character my whole life.

btw, did anyone else laugh when Falcon dropped the Mark Fuhrman line on Tony?......no? bueller? alright, fine.

T"Challa;33602021 said:
btw, did anyone else laugh when Falcon dropped the Mark Fuhrman line on Tony?......no? bueller? alright, fine.
Yup. Actually several people in my audience did. I think the resurgence of that trial in the public's consciousness thanks to the show helped in that regard. I know it did for me. If it hadn't been for that, I wouldn't have caught the reference because that would have just been a name that sounded familiar for some reason.

I didn't catch the reference but I understood the connotations, and figured it was racial in nature.

I'm seeing this in three hours.

Can't wait for Spidey. :jd:

OK. The bald headed chick that was with Black Panther, the one who tells Natasha to move or I'll make you move, is that supposed to be Storm???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"