The CAPTAIN MARVEL Countdown Thread

38 days until Captain Marvel

MM 2 48.jpg

Ms. Marvel Vol 2 #48

In which Carol Danvers tries the Jedi mind-trick on a guard for the first time... because yes, she will do it again in the future.

jedi.jpg

37 days until Captain Marvel

MM 2 49.jpg

Ms. Marvel Vol 2 #49

In which Ms. Marvel reminds a police officer pointing a gun at her that she's bulletproof and not impressed.

Panel of the Day: Carol being trolled Mystique.

xoxo.jpg

Last edited:
36 days until Captain Marvel

MM 2 50.jpg

Ms. Marvel Vol 2 #50

In which Mystique's head is smashed into a wall, fake Captain Marvel dies, and Ms. Marvel gives her kinda famous "the best you can be" speech.

speech.jpg

Anyway, this was the last issue of Brian Reed's Ms. Marvel run. It's mostly good (emphasis on mostly, because screw that Civil War story arc) and definitely worth a read, but what comes next is so much better. IN MY OPINION​

Ok wow, you've timed this countdown really well. Seems like you're gonna get through everything but her 2017 run by the time it comes out. Did you calculate how many total solo issues she's had before you started?

Yes

Seems like you're gonna get through everything but her 2017 run by the time it comes out.
I did that on purpose, for three reasons: 1) I still haven't read the 2017 run in its entirery 2) I wanted the countdown to end with the run that inspired the movie 3) I wanted the countdown to end with a run that is actually good. :hehe:

35 days until Captain Marvel

CM 7 1.jpg

Captain Marvel Vol 7 #1

In which Captain America and Spider-Man convince Carol Danvers to take the damn Captain Marvel name.

damn.jpg

I love this issue so much. There are so many great and funny moments in it that choosing the panel of the day was really difficult. No one writes a better Carol Danvers than DeConnick, and Dexter Soy's art is *chef's kiss*.​

Yes

I did that on purpose, for three reasons: 1) I still haven't read the 2017 run in its entirery 2) I wanted the countdown to end with the run that inspired the movie 3) I wanted the countdown to end with a run that is actually good. :hehe:
Well color me impressed! :up:

Thanks but given that the issues in each run are numbered it's not that impressive a feat. I just had to do a simple math operation, lol.

Thanks but civen that the issues in each run are numbered it's not that impressive a feat. I just had to do a simple math operation, lol.
But she's a character that's had multiple names and several short runs. Like, is there a database that tallies all those issues or something?

36 days until Captain Marvel

View attachment 20137

Ms. Marvel Vol 2 #50

In which Mystique's head is smashed into a wall, fake Captain Marvel dies, and Ms. Marvel gives her kinda famous "the best you can be" speech.

View attachment 20139

Anyway, this was the last issue of Brian Reed's Ms. Marvel run. It's mostly good (emphasis on mostly, because screw that Civil War story arc) and definitely worth a read, but what comes next is so much better. IN MY OPINION​
I love the cover.

Like, is there a database that tallies all those issues or something?
Yep. The Marvel Databese.

I love the cover.
You probably already know this, but that cover is a homage to this other one:

b882158c58b7aa2b11d4ba5e5674fd62.jpg

34 days until Captain Marvel

CM 7 2.jpg

Captain Marvel Vol 7 #2

In which Captain Marvel travels to the past by accident. It happens.

lets.jpg

I will never not drool over Dexter Soy's Captain Marvel. Look at her.​

I love your commentary and running guide lol. It make this countdown thread a notch above the rest. :up::cwink:

33 days until Captain Marvel

CM 7 3.jpg

Captain Marvel Vol 7 #3

In which Captain Marvel and her new friends fight a fleet of Kree prowlers piloted by Japanese soldiers during WW2.
This is why I like comic books, because they make me write down sentences that in any other context would make zero sense.

Sorry, it's time for me to drool over how badass Soy's Carol is again.

cm.jpg

32 days until Captain Marvel

CM 7 4.jpg

Captain Marvel Vol 7 #4

In which Captain Marvel (still stuck in the past) meets her idol, the female pilot Helen Cobb. Little does she know that she's about to learn the truth behind the saying "never meet your heroes".

lg.jpg

31 days until Captain Marvel

CM 7 5.jpg

Captain Marvel Vol 7 #5

In which Captain Marvel goes on a little quest with Helen Cobb.

According to this story, Helen's girls' astronaut program would've been killed if it weren't for Carol... but she's from the future? Time travel is so confusing.

iam.jpg

Man, I loved Dexter Soy's art so much. It was such a jarring disappointment whenever another artist stepped in.

30 days until Captain Marvel

CM 7 6.jpg

Captain Marvel Vol 7 #6

In which Helen Cobb becomes Captain Marvel and tries to replace Carol, but apparently that's not enough to make Carol stop admiring her.

win.jpg

Such a good issue.​

29 days until Captain Marvel

CM 7 7.jpg

Captain Marvel Vol 7 #7

In which Captain Marvel hits a shark with another shark.

shar.jpg

The fact that she can breathe in open space but not underwater is kind of funny.​

28 days until Captain Marvel

CM 7 8.jpg

Captain Marvel Vol 7 #8

In which Captain Marvel and Monica Rambeau fuse together to defeat a huge ass robot.

fuse.jpg

Yep. It's going to be interesting because in the comics they are nothing more than teammates, while in the movies for obvious reasons they will have a completely different (possibly closer?) relationship.

Last edited:
27 days until Captain Marvel

CM 7 9.jpg

Captain Marvel Vol 7 #9

In which Carol Danvers learns that she's sick and cannot use her powers too much anymore. The "Enemy Within" story arc has begun.

dino.jpg

This is the first issue illustrated by Filipe Andrade. His artstyle is quite... well let's call it "weird".​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"