The CAPTAIN MARVEL Countdown Thread

26 days until Captain Marvel

CM 7 10.jpg

Captain Marvel Vol 7 #10

In which Carol Danvers refuses to accept that she's sick and Death-Bird makes her return. Or does she?

kb.jpg

Today's cover kicks ass. It's probably my favorite Ms/Captain Marvel cover ever.​

25 days until Captain Marvel

CM 7 11.jpg

Captain Marvel Vol 7 #11

In which Carol Danvers and Yon-Rogg's roads cross again... but Carol doesn't realize it, because he is wearing a hat.

1.jpg 2.jpg

24 days until Captain Marvel

CM 7 12.jpg

Captain Marvel Vol 7 #12

In which Captain Marvel, who's been told by multiple people to not use her powers, uses her powers. And the more she uses her powers, the more damage she does to her brain.

me.jpg

Needless to say, she doesn't get away with it.​

24 days until Captain Marvel

View attachment 20699

Captain Marvel Vol 7 #12

In which Captain Marvel, who's been told by multiple people to not use her powers, uses her powers. And the more she uses her powers, the more damage she does to her brain.

View attachment 20705

Needless to say, she doesn't get away with it.​

Your deadpan sarcastic commentary is truly wonderful :D

Gee, thanks guys. I'm happy to hear that since my sense of humor is pretty much the only thing I've got going for me, lol.

23 days until Captain Marvel

EW 1.jpg

Avengers: The Enemy Within Vol 1 #1
"The Enemy Within: Part 1"

In which Captain Marvel teams up with Spider-Woman to fight some corny villains from her past and then with Thor to fight some dinosaurs from everyone's past.

allow.jpg

22 days until Captain Marvel

EW 2.jpg

Avengers Assemble Vol 2 #16
"The Enemy Within: Part 2"

In which the Avengers assemble to fight the Brood... another enemy from Carol's past.

metyou.jpg

Quick correction: the only power that Carol can't (or rather, shouldn't) use is flight.​

21 days until Captain Marvel

CM 7 13.jpg

Captain Marvel Vol 7 #13
"The Enemy Within: Part 3"

In which Yon-Rogg officially launches his attack on Earth.

mwm.jpg

20 days until Captain Marvel

EW 4.jpg

Avengers Assemble Vol 2 #17
"The Enemy Within: Part 4"

In which Carol finally finds out what's going on: the explosion that gave her powers also fused Yon-Rogg with the Psyche-Magnitron, a shard of which is in her brain.

Basically, she's got a small piece of Yon-Rogg in her head. Yeah, that does sound like a problem.

ex.jpg

19 days until Captain Marvel

CM 7 14.jpg

Captain Marvel Vol 7 #14
"The Enemy Within: Part 5"

In which Captain Marvel saves Earth and defeats Yon-Rogg by reuniting with an old friend of hers: amnesia.

mag.jpg

The ending of this issue may or may have not made me a little emotional.​

18 days until Captain Marvel

CM 7 15.jpg

Captain Marvel Vol 7 #15
"Kiss Today Goodbye: Part One"

In which Captain Marvel is struggling to feel anything about her best friends and allies, but thankfully they're all too busy dealing with a universe-ending threat to focus on their personal problems.

care.jpg

17 days until Captain Marvel

CM 7 16.jpg

Captain Marvel Vol 7 #16
"Kiss Today Goodbye: Part Two"

In which Captain Marvel and her team are defeated and taken prisoners. But Carol still has a plan... and that plan is to blow herself and everything and everyone around her up.

12.jpg

16 days until Captain Marvel

CM 7 17.jpg

Captain Marvel Vol 7 #17

In which Captain Marvel meets her new nemesis... a wealthy woman who's mad for having been replaced by Carol on the cover of a famous magazine. Uh

I'm so here for this random Spartacus homage.

iamc.jpg

This issue? It's really good. And it ends with Kamala Khan's first official appearance, which makes it even better.​

15 days until Captain Marvel

CM 8 1.jpg

Captain Marvel Vol 8 #1
"Higher, Further, Faster, More: Part One"

In which Carol and Rhodes have just started dating when Tony sends Carol in space for a mission. For one year.

Proof that Rhodey is husband material and Chewie a terrible pet:

no.jpg

And here's what is probably Carol's most famous quote (which I wouldn't be surprised to hear in the movie):

speech.jpg

A great beginning to a great story arc. David Lopez's art is :up:

Here we go, the arc that made me a real fan. I was a casual fan of the character thanks to KSD's previous run and my dabbling into prior runs, but this arc transformed that "like" into love. :up:

14 days until Captain Marvel

CM 8 2.jpg

Captain Marvel Vol 8 #2
"Higher, Further, Faster, More: Part Two"

In which Rocket meets Chewie. Their encounter doesn't go well.

flerk.jpg

Picking a "panel of the day" in a Captain Marvel comic written by DeConnick is always so damn difficult, because there are so many worthy candidates.

noone.jpg

Another famous Carol quote that I wouldn't be surprised at all to hear in the movie.​

13 days until Captain Marvel

CM 8 3.jpg

Captain Marvel Vol 8 #3
"Higher, Further, Faster, More: Part Three"

In which Captain Marvel learns she's not the saviour the alien refugees need.

bonk.jpg

Another fantastic issue. I read an article once about how this story is a deconstruction of the white saviour trope, and I can see why.

Last edited:
12 days until Captain Marvel

CM 8 4.jpg

Captain Marvel Vol 8 #4
"Higher, Further, Faster, More: Part Four"

In which Captain Marvel makes new friends and together they steal some stuff.

ea.jpg

11 days until Captain Marvel

CM 8 5.jpg

Captain Marvel Vol 8 #5
"Higher, Further, Faster, More: Part Five"

In which the refugees are given an ultimatum to leave their planet and Captain Marvel is having none of it.

mychoice.jpg

"...now make yours."​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"