The Catwoman Appreciation Thread.

Discussion in 'DC Comics Films' started by Jennifer Walters, Apr 2, 2006.

1. shinlyle

shinlyle King of the Haters

What he said! :up:

Well put, Jag...and far more articulate than my repeated mocking of his obvious immaturity.

2. dnno1

dnno1 Registered

Your use of the word totally is misleading. When you say totally different, it means that there are no similarities at all, but you then agree tht they were similar because they were based on the source material (the comic book). That is a contradiction. I don't think I am stupid here.

Both shows included characters like the Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, and the Atom, whos powers were the same. I do not know what your are talking about here. Here is a clue for you: Stop using the word totally (and for that matter stupid).

My point here is even though these characters were in films that were considered bombs, they still re-emerged in other films or TV shows. This was in response to your comment about "letting it die". Even though the character was of a different race in both films, it is the same Nick Fury character (notice the eye patch). Your're the one who is ingoring the facts here.

Of course I have. Don't be silly (actuall your statement is pointless).

I think I mentioned the the fact that I was not a real die-hard Catwoman fan back in post #73 although I do know about the origins of the character. I have never made any comments about Berry's so called "assets" but you certainly have. Maybe it is you that has the fetish for her and you won't admit it
    (at least not like you have about lap dancers at strip clubs like you have at other boards)

Who said that? Be it minor or major, a change is a change and it happens all the time in both the comics and in film. Reinventing a character is nothing new either (take for instance Hawkgirl or Captain Atom). I can't argue the fact that the Pitof/Rebeck version was not an entirely new charcater because in the DVD they admit that it intentionally was. You just have to accept it or don't, but you shouldn't criticise or berate anyone who does since it it violates this freedom of expression.

3. shinlyle

Are you totally freakin' stupid? Just because two things are based on the same source material doesn't make them the same! You CAN'T really be this stupid...can you? Catwoman from Batman Returns and CINO have nothing in common, yet they were both inspired(or at least took the name of) the source character. Try thinking before you post...it would truly benefit everyone.

You are totally stupid. How's that? If you ever even saw the pilot about which you speak, and you watched the animated series, then you'd know that it is missing the three MAIN characters of the DC Universe: Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman. That alone changes the entire dynamic of the show, as they are the main characters on the team, and the most easily recognizable icons from the DC universe, which you clearly know nothing about, judging from your complete lack of knowledge thereof.

4. JackBauer

JackBauer Registered

so, by your "logic", Batman Begins and 60's Batman would be similar. :rolleyes:

except that they used a COMPLETELY different Flash, a COMPLETELY different Lantern, and it was in a COMPLETELY different tone.

the JLA pilot was like a campy DC version of Power Rangers. the JL cartoon actually took the source material, and the viewers' intelligence, seriously.

first of all. it is NOT the same Nick Fury character. it's a completely different version. just like Begins Bats isn't the same character from BTAS.

second, none of those movies were considered half as bad as CINO was. it was, save for a few misguided souls like yourself, unanimously considered crap. you could argue for Batman & Robin, but the difference is, it's Batman, and he came back on the peak of the superhero craze. if Catwoman didn't make it big now, when she had EVERYTHING going for her (everything except the stupidity of the folks at WB), she's not gonna have another shot until the craze dies down, and comes back. that'd be in about 20 years.

funny. certainly doesn't look that way.

except that changes in the comics are most of the time in the dynamics, like having Peter live in the Avengers Tower. the rest is idiot writers thinking they can improve upon a character by doing stupid things like giving him new powers (something that nine times out of ten, simply doesn't work). in the rare event when they actually reinvent a character, it's mostly rebooting his origin, but still keeping with who the character is in the present.

and yes, we, real fans, CAN and SHOULD berate people who accept crap like CINO because not only does it rape the source material (which was miles and miles better and thus had no reason not to be used), it just gets in the way of the real Catwoman (y'know, Selina Kyle, thief, former prostitute, whatever) having a chance to be made in a movie.

and THAT is why the real fans take no substitutes.

5. jaguarr

jaguarr Be Your Own Hero

ActOfGod, you've been ID'd. :)

jag

6. JackBauer

JackBauer Registered

good lord, not ActOfDefecation! :eek:

man I miss those times. you guys made me laugh like a maniac. :D

7. shinlyle

Yup...it's the little girl who fell for me on the DC Boards, followed me here, got banned....got banned again...got banned again...and only posts every three or four months when a CINO-Love thread pops up.

That would explain her logic-board being fried and her complete ineptitude when it comes to all things comic.

8. Darthphere

Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

God this thread is still going, how vomitrocious, like CINO.:up:

9. JackBauer

JackBauer Registered

yep, it comes full circle. :)

10. That-Guy

That-Guy Registered

You know something? I was thinking the other day about how cool, yet completely impossible it would be for Warner Brothers to make a movie based on "Infinite Crisis." It would be cool to see a big, special effects extravaganza like that, featuring all of the big DC heroes in an all out battle. Then I came to a realization.

Warner Brothers has already made an "Infinite Crisis" of a movie.

No, they haven't made a movie based on the story, Infinite Crisis. Nor have they ever made a movie featuring a smilar situation (i.e. a bunch of superheroes battling a slew of villains and trying to save the universe). But if you really examine the LITERAL meaning of the term "infinite crisis," you'll see that such a creation has, in fact, been made. "Infinite" is a word meaning something that is unending... it goes on and on forever. The term is most often used by astronomers when they discuss space. It is generally accepted that space is infinite... if interstellar space travel ever becomes possible, supposedly, a ship could travel forever without finding an end. "Crisis" is really just another word for disaster. When you put the two words together, your meaning is simple: a disaster that is never ending. The film Catwoman, alias CINO, alias Crapwoman, etc., is thus once such "infinite crisis." This is due to the following facts: 1. The movie was a financial and critical disaster, so much that the films star actually showed up to the Razzie awards and ACCEPTED her "Worst Actress" award for the film, and later even made a PUBLIC APOLOGY for the movie. 2. Despite the film being panned by critics, boycotted by fans of the original character, and hardly recouping any of its budget, the few fans CINO has STILL pop up on message boards trying to convince people that it was a good movie and discuss "rumors" of possible SEQUELS. Much like a cancer that cannot be neutralized despite millions of dollars spent on the most efficient cheimotherapy possible, these leeches infinitely plague true fans of the character. 3. Lastly, when the comic book "Infinite Crisis" debuted, it was touted to be the "worst day in the lives of the DC heroes." This was inaccurate. That day was the day "Catwoman" was released in theaters.

11. shinlyle

Great post, man....of course, you know the comic reference will throw dnno1/Act of Dog into a tizzy....seeing as how she only CLAIMS to read comics...without ever actually reading them.

Oh...my bad, she read the Superman Blue crap...:rolleyes:

12. jaguarr

jaguarr Be Your Own Hero

That-Guy is a Thread Killa!!!!

jag

13. shinlyle

Well....looks like we scared the little troll back into it's hole, huh?

Just like a freakin' Groundhog....gets scared and burrows back into its hole.

"It's a varmint....and I know how to handle varmints...."

14. Spike_x1

Spike_x1 Get off my bandwagon!

Awww... I missed the pwning of Act Of Dog. I feel left out. :(

15. dnno1

dnno1 Registered

The joke's on you guys. I'm not ActOfDog. I'm not even a chick (not even close). Anybody with a brain could easily figure out who Shinlyle is and what he does. It's all over the Internet. Just Google Lyle Plollard.

16. jaguarr

jaguarr Be Your Own Hero

He does charity work for people with autism? Wow....you've really got him there! How dastardly! :up: It's clear that you came here with an agenda, by what you've just posted. Did it occur to you that maybe we already KNOW who Shinlyle is and what he does?

jag

17. spacecomet

spacecomet Registered

I agree with you on some things. The Capoeria was a good fighting style to use. It was different. I thought Halle did a good job with the purring. Good idea that you had about Clayface being in the film with Sharon Stone's character as the mastermind. Also good what you said about Catwoman's costume changing regularly. I agree that Freedom is power in a way. You do what you want when you want. I enjoyed the movie also. I liked the music also. I also have the dvd. You had some good points.

18. Ultimate Movie-Man

Ultimate Movie-Man Registered

spcaecomet, I am assuming that you didn't absolutely love it? No one seems to do, not even me.

What you said though, I agree with (capoiera, clayface, etc.)

19. Mr Sensitive

Mr Sensitive Registered

GL1 is tripping.

The movie is a complete disgrace: her outfit is, in itself, a joke. Fake FX, bad writing, awful direction, no Selina Kyle, the cosmetics plot, etc, etc, etc.

It is written everywhere in this movie: D-I-S-G-R-A-C-E.

By the way, the name of the fight is "Capoeira", and I can assure you, it was not what they were doing there.

20. shinlyle

Way to misspell my name, idiot. :rolleyes:

Of course, you're not Act of Dog...you never admitted you were in any of your previous incarntions either. You simply repost and pretend to be a "new" fan of this atrocious film.

Besides, don't you tend to run off and hide every time more than 4 people post in opposition to you? All the other CINO threads demonstrate that pattern...

Dnno1: "Catwoman was a good movie because it has fans. It will live forever!"

Shinlyle: "No, it wasn't..It was panned by critics, fans of the comic, and moviegoers alike. It was also a financial failure. If it had fans, they must have just downloaded it."

Dnno1: "It was good! It'll stand the test of time and get remade like Superman and Justice League and Fantastic Four."

Jaguar: "You're wrong (insert incredibly articulate response here)"

Dnno1: "I am right because I ama fan and you guys aren't real fans of Catwoman because you don't like this movie."

SpikeX: "You're an imbecile."

That-Guy: "Wow...this thread is stupid, and so is Dnno1."

Dnno1: "I googles Shinlyle's name! He love going to strip clubs!"
    *dnno1 Vanishes back to the pit*

For all those just joining us, this is a pretty accurate appraisal of the current situation, as well as all Dnno1's past appearances.

21. shinlyle

Gah! He's discovered my plans...! I was trying to help people so that the world could be a better place!!

I'll get you next time, Gadget....Next time......

ROWR!!

22. JackBauer

JackBauer Registered

don't forget to shake your fist...

23. jaguarr

jaguarr Be Your Own Hero

ActOfFraud, you're as entertaining as ever. Nice to see your Bizarro Logic is still intact.

jag

24. shinlyle

I'm just waiting for him to start calling us all pathetic losers because we don't agree with this "silent majority" of CINO-lovers that is so silent, they themselves don't know they support it.

I really find it hard to believe that, after over almost 2 years of this crap, ANYONE can be theis completely and totally STUPID. There has to be some kind of island or quarantine zone for people with this level of blatant stupidity. I'd hate to think he's allowed to roam free and infect others with his own brand of viral ignorance.

25. jaguarr

jaguarr Be Your Own Hero

I hear Guantanamo will be available, soon. :D

jag