The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR Catwoman Costume Discussion Thread

Catwoman2.jpg
Borrow a few elements from this and combine with the following:

My ideal catsuit.

For that costume to work Catwoman would basically have had to steal it from WayneTech. There's no way she could have made that thing herself.

In the comics she stole here costume for the goverment.

It's not just a leather catsuit. It has the infrared goggles so she can see in the dark and other hightech capabilities as well.

It's not just a leather catsuit. It has the infrared goggles so she can see in the dark and other hightech capabilities as well.

Maybe the goggles, but not the whole suit.

As far as I know, there's nothing special about the actual body suit.

Figures the world's greatest burglar can steal from the government.

This. Is. LOVE. Send this to Nolan! I would just add the goggles. I know it's a hit and miss for some people, but they have a technological purpose.

But yeah, she'll definitely need to steal something from somewhere to get that look. It isn't something that could be made by her own hands unless she's really skilled. Or sold at stores. On the other hand, how was this image created? I know it takes after a particular picture, but this is very well done.

My ideal catsuit.

JUST BEAUTIFUL :D And I think I know which piece of artwork you used the outline for - the cape and cowl gave that away - this is amazing! Fantastic work.

Mask needs a bit of work but I love the texture of that design.

they should go with the original, purple dress and green cape, look....

$50 says selina kyle works for bruce at wayne tower and steals everything she needs from the tech department. therefore she gets to wear a cool costume that does not look like it was made at home, and can have other cool stuff like her goggles.

plus has anyone thought that maybe selina kyle is League of Shadows plant in gotham and she gets her gear from them? just a thought

I don't see either of those things happening, personally.

yeah, just an idea on how they could make a cool costume work. i did not mean selina would work directly for bruce, like a secretary or anything. more like someone who works on some level at wayne enterprises. or not even work there, but maybe know someone on a personal level who does work there. would be a usable explanation for a cool cat suit, albeit a rehash of the first bat suit.

and the LoS idea was just spitballing. i would personally be dissapointed if i was able to guess a major plot point like that. let you know if i get a call from nolan on the matter though...

NOLAN: "how did you guess my ending?!?"

ME: "I did not guess, it was originally my idea. But i had to let you think you had come up with it on your own... Mr. Nolan, you've been incepted" :ninja:

NOLAN: :wow:

just use the old schumacher batman suit thats got nipples and u got your cat suit :D

$50 says selina kyle works for bruce at wayne tower and steals everything she needs from the tech department. therefore she gets to wear a cool costume that does not look like it was made at home, and can have other cool stuff like her goggles.

plus has anyone thought that maybe selina kyle is League of Shadows plant in gotham and she gets her gear from them? just a thought

You sure you wanna bet that fifty? :oldrazz:

That's weird. why would she need to steal a leather catsuit from the government?

Because she can't make one on her own, haven't you been reading? Now the real question is why would the government have a leather cat-suit?

My ideal catsuit.

I love this design...aside from the Nite Owl cowl.

To answer what costume the Catwoman will be wearing is like trying to make an apple pie from scratch. YOU HAVE TO CREATE THE UNIVERSE FIRST. In her case, her ORIGIN.

Is she going to be a cat thief?
Is she going to be a gang turf protector?
Is she going to be a hero?
She could start as the girlfriend of a crime boss and be an executioner/torturer for-hire for the mob FOR ALL WE KNOW!

So many different functions. For all those things, you need different suit protection, different tools, different boots, different FABRICS, different SEXY POINTS in the suit. Ok some things like a tight ass and some cleavage are the same everywhere, so is the whip.

Last edited:
Also I know this thread is about some nice pictures and I don't wanna b*tch, but these things are going to dictate her look in the movie. So it's kinda important.

No costume, just make her a business woman who knows some karate. That would be more realistic.

I would like to see the costume be designed for maximum practicality in what Selina does. I am not sure if leather would be the best choice of material to meet those criteria.
I wonder if Nolan & co. will explain why Selina chooses to utilize the iconography of a cat in her costume and uses a whip? Has an explanation ever been offered in the comics?

Ex-CIA since she's now on both sides of the law.
She is actually a real CIA agent who has simply been set up as a traitor. She is a true patriot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"