The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR Catwoman Costume Discussion Thread

Nave 'Torment'

Vigilante Detective
Reaction score
While Anne Hathaway has been officially cast as Selina Kyle in the film, reports and rumors about a possible Catwoman appearance has left fans scared. Some say there is no Catwoman, and dir. Chris Nolan is not one to placate concerns. Others say that a full-fledged Catwoman in costume is inevitable to the film.

Unlike Bane, who lacks a true 'secret identity', the Catwoman persona is fundamental to Selina Kyle, so I believe this thread does have a viable reason of existing.

This thread is here to discuss what your thoughts are about the new costume. I think this is a good a time as any, with the fate of the appearance still ambiguous, to discuss your concerns, ideas and opinions about the suit. Be it the design, relevance in the story, actual appearance or simply wishful thinking on how it could be.

The suit that Val Kilmer wore in the beginning of the Saint when he broke into Trediak's headquarters in Russia would be ideal, but fitted for a female of course.

Mostly, I hope modified scuba-gear.

Something like this:

postman-pat-jess-costume-adult-1-standard.jpg

I hope this thread picks up once we get a 'first-look'. Official or otherwise.

I'd like something like this
catwoman_new1.jpg

Nothing overly sexy like skin tight leather or a purple body suit, but still sexy, flattering and "practical".

catwoman_new1.jpg

Nothing overly sexy like skin tight leather or a purple body suit, but still sexy, flattering and "practical".

Yea that's what I want to see, I'll be happy as long has the functionality and Anne's figure don't compromise each other.

catwoman_new1.jpg

Yep, that's pretty ideal. The only thing I would change is the mask, making it wrap around the jaw.

I want the current Emma Peel leather catsuit, but I suspect something more practical. I trust Nolan either way.

Yep, that's pretty ideal. The only thing I would change is the mask, making it wrap around the jaw.

Yeah, it's still one of the best manips around at the moment, but that mask with all the Halle Berry-like ears just brings back repressed memories. :oldrazz:

Reckon we'll need a new poll for that event.

But that's why I carefully (and meticulously) wrote 'Costume Discussion' on the title :awesome: :word:

On second thought, best keep it consistent.

catwomanhberry.jpg

:o

Here's Candice Michelle in something similar:

CatwomanUCandiceUMichelle_ad.jpg

29750562082a9e65f221.jpg

Last edited:
This still strikes me as a good possibility, it even has a purple tinge:

Catwoman2.jpg

But honestly? Even if Hathaway shows up wearing this I'd have no qualms:

catwoman.jpg

I want it to be functional and sexy as well, but the number one thing I want is that the costume has a purpose.

lets hope her performance over-shadows the costume.

catwoman_new1.jpg

Yeah that's ideal.

Except I'd switch out that headpiece for the hood with the goggles:

catwoman.jpg

Wow guys, isn't all this "non lag" great now? Now that we have all these double and triple thread continuations all this "non lag" is awesome!

For that costume to work Catwoman would basically have had to steal it from WayneTech. There's no way she could have made that thing herself.

This still strikes me as a good possibility, it even has a purple tinge:

Catwoman2.jpg

Here is a manip that I did from that figure (only in black). I think we could definitely get something similar. I hope we get goggles this time around. And I'd actually like the ears on the cowl to be pointed more up than out, but that's just me nitpicking. I'm actually really liking the idea of some sort of backpack on her back. I think it's a cool touch, as well as functional.

CWMuseum.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"