• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Dark Knight Rises The Climax of Batman 3?

MadVillainy

C'mon Son
Reaction score
In BB the climax was Bats vs Ras on the train, While Gordon was driving the batmobile

In TDK the climax is Batman storming the unfinished building to stop the Joker and rescue the hostages/Two Face holding Gordon's family

I was wondering: What is everybody's idea for the climax in Batman 3? Like location (besides Catwoman's pants), time, setting, etc.

Arkham Asylum. Joker has instigated a riot, all the prisoners have over taken the facility. Joker beckons Batman to "pay him a visit". Batman has to fight his way through the Asylum with Joker doing a running commentary on his plight through the speaker system and reveals the truth about Harvey Dent to all the other police and media outside. Batman finds Joker in Dr Arkhams office with the Dr hostage, Joker cuts his throat and then explains to Batman why he couldn't let him fall into the hands of the police or another villain, he wants Batman "all to himself".

I must say I would go with a big fight on the top of that impressive looking suspension bridge Batman was standing on in the beginning of Gotham Knight.

Also another big fight at the top of the third Wayne Tower, (Exterior shots should be done with a CGI model of Wayne Tower from the comics and interior shots done at the top of the CN Tower in toronto.)

Last edited:
A huge street-war between Black Mask's mobsters versus Gotham City's police, that ultimately leads up to an event like Ace stated... Maybe Batman being lured into Arkham by The Joker.

I dont really like the idea of having the climax at Arkham. TOo similar to BB

And thus, would be a nice loop back to the beginning of it all. I see no problem with this. It'd be a nice finale to Nolan's participation in the series, if this is indeed so (I hope not).

Yea it will bring it back full circle. Arkham is a major part of the Batman mythos, i think it would be the perfect place to end the trilogy.

Then at the end, because Joker has cleared Batmans name and Batman has stopped the new threat in Gotham (Riddler, Black Mask pick your poison) we have a shot of Batman on top of a building as the newly restored Bat signal blazes in the night sky.

The real question is will Batman 3 end happily (Batman having saved Gotham and overlooking it like a grand-standing hero), sad (Batman's mission is unresolved and he carries on and struggles forward), or a cliffhanger (More questions than answers are given and the movie ends).

The real question is will Batman 3 end happily (Batman having saved Gotham and overlooking it like a grand-standing hero), sad (Batman's mission is unresolved and he carries on and struggles forward), or a cliffhanger (More questions than answers are given and the movie ends).

My opinion on this would change greatly depending on two things:

1.- Whether or not the series is to be continued

Or 2.- Whether or not Nolan is at the helm for the sequels, if there are to be more.

Yea if Nolan doesn't carry on, I want it to finish as a trilogy. I don't want to see someone try and carry on his vision. The only other director I could see doing something similar to Nolan is David Fincher. I would love to see him turn is hand to the Bat mythos.

But after these films are done I would like to see a hyper stylized Batman film. Sorta like Sin City, that could be awesome. Maybe do a film of one of Batmans great one shots. The Man who Laughs?

If it was up to me it would invovle a confrentation of sorts involving Batman and Two Face...

That thought has crossed my mind a number of times as well. Batman with Sin City's style would be orgasmic.

If it was up to me it would invovle a confrentation of sorts involving Batman and Two Face...

You say you don't want Joker back even though he is alive and well, yet you want the return of some one who is dead? Yea, that makes sense! :hehe:

No more Joker!! Just new villains!!

Yea if Nolan doesn't carry on, I want it to finish as a trilogy. I don't want to see someone try and carry on his vision. The only other director I could see doing something similar to Nolan is David Fincher. I would love to see him turn is hand to the Bat mythos.

But after these films are done I would like to see a hyper stylized Batman film. Sorta like Sin City, that could be awesome. Maybe do a film of one of Batmans great one shots. The Man who Laughs?

Oh no, not Sin City...

They must move away from Frank Millar-ness and more towards optimistic Chuck Dixon style positivity, spirituality and optimism!

It would be so nice, if you see my post in the thread about the third movies theme, you will see what I am getting at.

In BB the climax was Bats vs Ras on the train, While Gordon was driving the batmobile

In TDK the climax is Batman storming the unfinished building to stop the Joker and rescue the hostages/Two Face holding Gordon's family

I was wondering: What is everybody's idea for the climax in Batman 3? Like location (besides Catwoman's pants), time, setting, etc.

I don't know, it depends on the story I guess.

Arkham Asylum. Joker has instigated a riot, all the prisoners have over taken the facility. Joker beckons Batman to "pay him a visit". Batman has to fight his way through the Asylum with Joker doing a running commentary on his plight through the speaker system and reveals the truth about Harvey Dent to all the other police and media outside. Batman finds Joker in Dr Arkhams office with the Dr hostage, Joker cuts his throat and then explains to Batman why he couldn't let him fall into the hands of the police or another villain, he wants Batman "all to himself".

I have had something similar in mind for a long time. I always pictured Batman kicking both, Cops and Inmates butts in a free-for-all brawl, I'm gonna cite Matrix Reloaded Smiths vs Neo fight. I think not only would it be pure raw awesomness, but it'll give us the full fighting Batman we always wanted to see and it's highly symbolic, making us see that Batman is not a cop nor a criminal, he..is.. THE BATMAN dun dun dun dun tukutukutkutku TAAAAAn TAAN (trying to immitate Molossus).

This idea is assuming that The Riddler and Catwoman are in the film. The Riddler's obsession with finding the identity of Batman throughout the movie leads him to gradually engineer more and more complicated and dangerous tasks for Batman to stop. I envision the last big task having Batman need to enlist Catwoman's help, I kinda like the idea that he even has to break her out of police custody in order to get her help. Throw in some mob men, fleeing citizens, a couple of explosions, walla! Something like that.

No Joker.

And the real climax of TDK was Dent, Gordon and Batman.

I don't know quite yet. Possibly something that mirrors the ending of TDK. Or something completely different.

I always thought it was stupid of people to say that the last scene of TDK was another rooftop scene. Like they'd do that again.

What if thhe villain won this time around?
I mean, that would be such a shock if The Riddler or whoever actually managed to outsmart Batman and get away with the grand scheme.
I think that whilst he will clear his name the end of the movie will still end on a downer of some sorts.

Riddler tricks the cops & Gordon into thining they've got the ID of a serial killer pinned down. They break into this warehouse, but it's actually where the mercenary Lyle Bolton has a group of Narrows residents/activists captive, and his "intelligence" expert Jervis Tetch is brainwashing the leader. Tipped off by Riddler, Black Mask's mob shows up to get the cops. Cops are pinned down between mercenaries and the mob. Batman has to save the cops, prevent/undo the leader's brainwashing, save the captives, and take down Lyle Bolton & Black Mask.

You say you don't want Joker back even though he is alive and well, yet you want the return of some one who is dead? Yea, that makes sense! :hehe:

Its a movie anything is possible

And sorry iam not delusional in thinking Joker will actually come back

If you want someone else to fill Heath Ledgers shoes after the amazing performance to than your not being very real with your self

Heath Ledgers Joker was an iconic character that is up there with Dath Vader,Hannibal Lector you name it and now 3 years after you want someone else to play him?Wait 10 years or so down the line when another director wants to take a shot at the franchise than have another Joker

In Nolans world Ledger is The Joker just like in Burtons world Nicholson is The Joker

Now i know your going to say well"The Joker is bigger than Ledger" well iam sorry but at this time and point Ledger and The Joker go together like cookies and milke you mention ledger and people say The Joker, you mention The Joker and people think Heath Ledger

So no point in getting all butt hurt about it but i guess if that makes you sleep at nite than keep thinking youre going to see Joker in the next film

Well think what you wanna think pal, there is more chance Joker will return than Dent. Dent is BROWN BREAD!!

It's funny, you say it's a movie and anything is possible, but then in the same breath you say the return of a character who is alive and well in this film-verse is not possible. Hmmm that makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"