The Dark Knight The Composite Heath Ledger Interview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi its me again i found a video this time it might be old its an interview about Im Not There but they mention The Dark Knight and right at the end if u pay attention the woman who is inteviewing is like a talked to "canie at the film festivel and said you scared the **** of out him.... and ends pay attention to the end... http://www.tribute.ca/player/?id=147&fmt=wm&q=3&cat=starchat

As someone with an afro, words can't describe the awesomeness of the Bat fro.

"I am to blame, and I can't complain" Awesome guy.

His voice sounds deep here. Is this what he sounds like as joker?

There were parts of his speech in this interview that mad me think of joker, But from what I've heard his voice is high pitched, basically think of what you heard in the teaser, that how he sounded in the prologue also, but then how he sounds with the whole "break your 1 rule" all wraspy, who knows.

BTW, does anyone else want to punch this interviewer in the throat?

There were parts of his speech in this interview that mad me think of joker, But from what I've heard his voice is high pitched, basically think of what you heard in the teaser, that how he sounded in the prologue also, but then how he sounds with the whole "break your 1 rule" all wraspy, who knows.

BTW, does anyone else want to punch this interviewer in the throat?

i saw in a different thread something about his voice changing throughout the movie to go along with the insanity of the joker. maybe?

Very cool interview.

For those who don't want to listen to the entire thing (although I thought it was pretty neat), here's the ~4.5 minutes where he talks about TDK:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/55775986e3bac5/

And I dunno, he sounds just as twitchy to me as in other interviews. I went LOL at the point where he ended a sentence with, "Hmm. Mmm."

i saw in a different thread something about his voice changing throughout the movie to go along with the insanity of the joker. maybe?
We could speculate all we want. But it all comes down to actually viewing the movie. July better hurry up.

Can't wait to see Joker and the seven dwarfs!

i kind of found it interesting that ledger didnt even comment on that...because he could have at least said "no, there are no seven dwarves." hmm...

also, there was a point, maybe the "hmm.. mm" where he totally sounded like the joker. i laughed because it was just like..a crazy person thing to do. i think, as weird as it is, heath saw himself in this joker, which is what enabled him to nail the performance. also, is it just me or does he just seem like a really cool, down to earth no bull**** type guy? like, normally i cant stand listening to celebrities, but he just seems so...cool.

his voice is actually much more high pitched, sort of nasally, in the prologue, but im betting we get a lot of pitch variation in the vocals...since he's such a crazy guy, he probably can't even control his voice. which is just so awesome to think about.

Good interview, and not just the Batman part. He's not the most articulate person in the world, but I found myself wanting to listen to more of him (and it's not just the voice, it's also his opinions and the way he expresses himself).
Definately looking forward to more of him.

Yeah, that was cool. That spacea cadet of an interviewer also introduced it as the wrong song and performed by Charlotte Gainsborough.

Actually, I blame that on whoever produced the podcast and not the host himself. (Later in the interview, he intro'd Eddie Vedder's song and played the Charlotte Gainsborough one). Usually, they go back and add the songs and peripheral audio later after mixing and editing the interview.

Pure class: The way he deftly sidestepped that idiot interviewer's tacky remark about Terry Gilliam. Not a trace of irritation in Ledger's voice, even though that remark must have stung. Patience of a saint

I also like the point Heath made about not wanting to copy Jack's performance.
I think he said something to the effect of (and I'm paraphrasing here) if they asked him to come on and do a remake of the Burton film, he would have declined.
His point was that Burton's vision and Nicholson's interpretation were so iconic that it would have been pointless as an actor to recreate that. But since Nolan had his own vision, Ledger felt it was only worth doing if he could bring something new to the table.

That is a refreshing thing to here and saddens me that the people behind Superman Returns didn't have the same sense. (ie, doing something fresh and new with a character rather than trying to recreate an iconic interpretation).

That is a refreshing thing to here and saddens me that the people behind Superman Returns didn't have the same sense. (ie, doing something fresh and new with a character rather than trying to recreate an iconic interpretation).

definitely, I kept having to remind myself i wasn't watching Reeve.

Great interview...Thanks. :yay: Things like this continue to confirm Nolan & co.'s spot-on casting. I can't wait to experience the prologue tomorrow.

Nice find - very interesting interview. Heath's voice is like butta. The interviewer, however, is a goober.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"