The Coronavirus’ Impact On The Film Industry Thread

In all honesty , there really isn't a 2020 film I'm in a mega rush to see even with streaming, let alone risking it in a movie theater.

I pretty much know what will happen in WW84 from the leaks last year and earlier this year ,
I'm wary of No Time to Die in terms of whether i'll end up liking it anyway,
I have no interest in seeing Mulan,
Black Widow doesn't excitement me ,
and I'm in no rush to see Tenet.

The alot of the films I've been anticipating are supposed to come out in 2021 and 2022 anyway, so I haven't been one of those whose been eager to get back to the theaters.

In 2020, I've been basically watching classic films from the 80s that I've never seen before . Those have pretty much been my new films for the year.

I’m kind of with you @Frodo . No doubt theres movies i wanna see but 2020 felt a bit calmer after the huge anticipated movies of 2019 like Endgame, Joker, The Irishman, Once upon a Time in Hollywood, John Wick 3, Star Wars 9, Knives Out etc.

Believe it or not out of all of the big movies that were supposed to come this year i was probably most hyped for Fast 9 because that movie looked like it lost its damn mind in the best way possible. Probably would have been a really good time at the theater. :funny:

As someone who worked in a theater for a decade, this not a big deal. This is literally what we did with every single standee. How else do you throw it away? They don’t exactly fit in a trash can.
Just out of curiosity, did you ever have people offering to buy any of them?

If anyone here is lucky enough to live close to Alamo Drafthouse's Slaughter Lane location in Austin TX or Sloans Lake location in Denver CO, looks like they're allowing folks to rent out entire theaters for groups of up to 30 people!

https://drafthouse.com/personal-theater

What’s even going to be playing? I’m not rushing to my local Regal, much less to see movies I own on DVD.
New Mutants, apparently...

I really hope they push New Mutants to Drive-Ins, as well, I feel like it would play great there. But I guess I'm the odd one out about the 2020 film line-up. Even with most of the tent-poles getting pushed back, theres a long list of movies like Antlers, Candyman, The Green Knight and Bill&Ted that I was very excited for and are still facing uncertain futures or skipping theaters altogether.

Did anybody else who has A-list get an email from AMC today about the perks they're planning to give us once they reopen?
Yep. I’m glad they’re making it so you can reactivate whenever you decide to. I was all prepared to cancel since I figured they’d just reactivate it automatically.

AMC is reopening its theaters this month with 15-cent tickets - CNN
15 cents for "older" already released movies like Black Panther, BTFF, etc.

They can't get people to not use their phones and to stop talking. I don't know how they expect to keep people having their masks on.

Especially to keep masks on for 2 whole hours. It's uncomfortable to wear mine for even the 30 mins to an hour of grocery shopping (I need to get the type with the ties rather than the strap that goes around the ear).

THey're not gonna post ushers in the theater to check people. And if they do, there's no guarantee that the usher is gonna do anything

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"