Discussion concerning the closure of the Soul Glo thread

I am not saying it camp from anyone in SHH administration if that is your suspicion but I do believe there was at least two posters who tried to sabotage the thread to get it closed.
What 2 posters?
You should say who they are so they can either admit or deny.
Are they racists or were they people who disagreed with the Pro-Black, Anti-White, Anti-Asian double standard?

A conspiracy is when 2 or more people secretly work together toward achieving some agreed upon, usually criminal or questionable goal.

Who are the people that "worked" to have Soul Glo shut down?
I find it hard to believe that people would care so much to "work" towards shutting it down, so I'd be interested to know who they are.

I am saying that these people worked together nor do I evidence to even support that suspicion in my mind. I would rather not mention any names because I don't want to make an issue of a situation that is quickly coming to an end.

I wasn't even really involved in the Soul Glo thread. It had it virtues and I loved
LS mission statement or stated goals for the thread which sadly to say, I don't think was really adhered to. Since I didn't like the direction it was headed, I divorced myself from it.

However toward the end here I didn't like the way it was attacked hence my involvement. I always thought the thread such be reformed but not put to sleep.

What 2 posters?
You should say who they are so they can either admit or deny.
Are they racists or were they people who disagreed with the Pro-Black, Anti-White, Anti-Asian double standard?

First of all, we both know they would deny it. As far as their intentions, I have no idea. They could both be black posters for all that I know.

I agree with everything you said here but that "unfair double standard" that you speak of is not the fault of those posters who liked and supported the Soul Glo thread, it was the result of poor judgment and communication of the Hype administration team .

This is true, the handling of the initial incident was wrong and has led to this, the communication was off.

I am not saying it camp from anyone in SHH administration if that is your suspicion but I do believe there was at least two posters who tried to sabotage the thread to get it closed.

Like Wil said, who are these posters then Raybia ?

First of all, we both know they would deny it. As far as their intentions, I have no idea. They could both be black posters for all that I know.
lol, well, you understand that that's a little maddeningly tantalizing to say that you think 2 posters, two specific posters, did something dark and dirty, but not to say who they are, right? lol

This is like, a person is lame if they walk in and go, "iiIIIi know a SE-cret. And iiiIIi'm not TELL-ing." and then, they never tell you.
Better to just not mention it because you're just torturing curious, inquiring minds like mine.

i can't tell if you sentimental pansies are joking or not.

this is god damned pathetic.

It was AHAB! :eek:

AHAB worked to sabotage the Soul Glo Lounge from within! :eek:

This is true, the handling of the initial incident was wrong and has led to this, the communication was off.

Like Wil said, who are these posters then Raybia ?

I choose to not mention any names because:

1) My proof is not conclusive to the point that you as mod would be in a position to address it but more circumstantial and even if it was I don't think anyone should be reprimanded for it. Those who fell for the bait or more to blame.

2) Its my intention to remain on this message board and continue to be a part of this community and I don't want the rep as a fink.

3) I think its more important to focus on improving the processes on the Hype to prevent incidents should as what happen to the "Soul Glo" thread.

Overall this IMO is less about the "Soul Glo" thread and more about what Wil said, about members on the Hype feeling that their is an "unfair double standard."

I know that is not what the Hype is about but right or wrong there are many people who have this perception both with the Soul Glo thread remaining open
and now that the one started by LS was closed.

The issue now is what can you do as a mod and what can we do as posters to be part of the solution of changing this perception?

lol, well, you understand that that's a little maddeningly tantalizing to say that you think 2 posters, two specific posters, did something dark and dirty, but not to say who they are, right? lol

This is like, a person is lame if they walk in and go, "iiIIIi know a SE-cret. And iiiIIi'm not TELL-ing." and then, they never tell you.
Better to just not mention it because you're just torturing curious, inquiring minds like mine.

When I first revealed this, it wasn't for the purpose of saying "I have a secret".

It was for the intention of letting the supporters of the Soul glo thread to stop taking the bait.

LOL ^ You have no sense...you know that don't you? :p

Guys, why are we still talking about this?

What's done is done. It was I who made the call for closure and I will take the responsibility of what happened in that thread while I was on hiatus. It is no longer a source of agitation for anyone, so I think it's best that we all just move on with life now. Do any of you realize that this "discussion" has been going on back and forth for the greater part of 8 months?????? Jeez.

*shakes head and leaves*

Like Heather said, let there be peace already.

independencedayssss.jpg

Peace? No peace.

LOL ^ You have no sense...you know that don't you? :p

Guys, why are we still talking about this?

What's done is done. It was I who made the call for closure and I will take the responsibility of what happened in that thread while I was on hiatus. It is no longer a source of agitation for anyone, so I think it's best that we all just move on with life now. Do any of you realize that this "discussion" has been going on back and forth for the greater part of 8 months?????? Jeez.

*shakes head and leaves*

Like Heather said, let there be peace already.

Its over for my part. Again, I appreciate work as a mod on the Hype. You're a
really cool guy. You will always be a mod in my eyes.

Honestly, it was a place where you could discuss hip-hop, culture and other areas of "black interest" without some smart ass cracking wise about it or asking why it's being discussed when no one cares about the topic. I doubt some of the stuff talked about there could freely be talked about in the lounge without someone making moronic commentary. But when people feel they're excluded, suddenly they're attracted like flies to garbage...it's like reverse psychology.
I never understood this whole "WET" issue that people keep bringing up in the media. If white people actually had a culture, I'm sure we could discuss it...but I have yet to see a huge push to make a thread/television station devoted to Celine Dion, birkenstocks and Jettas.

Its over for my part. Again, I appreciate work as a mod on the Hype. You're a
really cool guy. You will always be a mod in my eyes.

And I appreciate your passion for what I was trying to accomplish. But really it's all good from my eyes. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"