The Defenders The Defenders General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
(I haven't seen the SHIELD episode yet, so if everything I say has already been negated don't tell me :) ) But what if they used Sif? Because the actress would probably be willing to sign up for more because she probably wont get a solo film just like Iron Patriot/War Machine probably wont either.

there would have to be a reason for Sif to help the Defenders.

We know SHIELD runs the MCU so who should be the person handling The Defenders??
Is Clay Quartermain a big enough character for that?
Should Quake or Mockingbird be Defenders??

No. Really, the main appearance by SHIELD in the show should be the odd recurring NYC agent who basically handles supervillain arrests after the hero of the story beats one. There is zero need for any Defenders beyond the four heroes, period, let alone random SHIELD agents who have nothing to do with street level heroism.

there would have to be a reason for Sif to help the Defenders.
I wasn't actually thinking of the character having a reason to be there, but that Jaimie Alexander would probably be willing to play the Sif character in a TV series seeing as that there might just be one more Thor movie and she probably wont get a spin off film, so maybe she would want to sign up for more screen time. I was thinking in terms of actors they could get and a character that had already been established to who (most, not me yet) have seen on TV already.

I wasn't actually thinking of the character having a reason to be there, but that Jaimie Alexander would probably be willing to play the Sif character in a TV series seeing as that there might just be one more Thor movie and she probably wont get a spin off film, so maybe she would want to sign up for more screen time. I was thinking in terms of actors they could get and a character that had already been established to who (most, not me yet) have seen on TV already.

Seeing the lesser Marvel heroes from the MCU would be a good idea, but I think most of us would like to see the likes of Moon Knight, Misty Knight, Colleen Wing, The Punisher and Shang Chi alongside the Defenders rather than Sif, Rhodey, The Warriors Three or Falcon.

I could see that those pretty easily

what villains do we want to see oppose our defenders?

I feel like The Hood would work well along with some of his crime syndicates

-The Kingpin.
-Purple Man.
-Typhoid Mary.
-Bullseye.
-The Hand.
-Mr. Fear.
-Count Nefaria.
-The Hood.

I think these new defenders are replacing the heroes for hire
I imagine Cage, Iron Fist and possibly Jessica will spin off into their own Heroes for Hire show after The Defenders. That leaves Daredevil to continue his show into a second season and also two more show spots open for Moon Knight and Punisher.

tumblr_m8tazySDNs1rqgu49.gif

I'll gladly sub Dr. Voodoo in for Strange, the latter is bound for his own films anyway. There are Haitian communities in NYC, start there.

That would be cool. I do want to see him. :up: But I honestly think he'd fit more in a Dr. Strange movie or a Midnight Sons movie and under the alias, "Brother Voodoo". I prefer that name more.
Yeah, I'd rather not see more of a depiction of Voodoo as magic written mostly by white people who've never set foot on Louisiana or Haiti.

American Horror Story Coven was good with the Voodoo stuff and it was written by white people, I think. It's not like the writers can't visit Louisiana, NYC(Haitian communities) and even Haiti for research on the character they're writing if they choose to include Doctor(or Brother) Voodoo.

The problem with "Heroes for Hire" is the name. It just doesn't look particularly heroic to require payment, even if you do much of your work "pro-bono".

What's the status of Ghost Rider? have the rights reverted back to Marvel yet, because he would be perfect in this.

And honestly; why isn't this being called Marvel Knights?

What's the status of Ghost Rider? have the rights reverted back to Marvel yet, because he would be perfect in this.

And honestly; why isn't this being called Marvel Knights?

Simple this isn't the 616 Universe....The MCU only has 1 team (2 if you count GotG), so this is a way of launching another franchise.

Ghost Rider has reverted back to Marvel. I think Marvel wants the fans to forget the last movie to the point where it's not fresh on their memories and then they may bring it back.

The Avengers had Schwarma.....what will these guys have?

i think the unusual food trend can be traced back to Batman Begins.

I can't believe that Punisher isn't getting his own Netflix series, maybe he'll show up in The Defendles

So what’s the headquarters going to be? Do they just rotate at each other’s apartments? The Gem Theater? Assuming Danny has access to his fortune, can he buy an old warehouse?

I doubt they'll have a headquarters as such. They probably won't be a team, so much as an alliance of necessity, moreso even than the Avengers. Danny and Luke might have a joint headquarters as Heroes for Hire, as a separate thing, though.

Ghost Rider has reverted back to Marvel. I think Marvel wants the fans to forget the last movie to the point where it's not fresh on their memories and then they may bring it back.
I could see them taking advantage of owning Mephisto though. Establishing him before Ghost Rider.

I hope we get to see Mephisto and blackheart done justice one day. I'm sure Marvel would do a great job

Mephisto/Dormamu should appear in Doctor Strange having the soul gem/stone.

Kingpin & Bulleye/Taskmaster should be warring with The Hood & Purple Man. The Defender's should be investigating them and try to stip the war in Hell's Kitchen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"