The Director of THOR 3

Mjölnir;31928831 said:
That was a bit of a weird report. The quite they gave from Feige said nothing about Branagh, just that they would possibly announce the director at the end of the summer. If he did say something specific about Branagh it would have been proper form to include that quote, although Internet reporting is often terrible.

Feige shot down the rumors that Branagh would return as director. “Not true. I don’t know where that came from,” he said.

http://www.ibtimes.com/kenneth-branagh-wont-direct-thor-ragnarok-marvel-boss-kevin-feige-1989359

You can find the same quote in many other sites.

Thanks, then they had just failed to provide the quote in that other article. I would have been happy with Branagh directing but there are plenty of directors that can make a great movie out of this. It's hard to know which though since we have too little insight into people's visions etc. The Russo brothers didn't exactly look like strong candidates based on their previous work.

Mjölnir;31932211 said:
Thanks, then they had just failed to provide the quote in that other article. I would have been happy with Branagh directing but there are plenty of directors that can make a great movie out of this. It's hard to know which though since we have too little insight into people's visions etc. The Russo brothers didn't exactly look like strong candidates based on their previous work.

You're welcome! And I agree about the directors.
Well, in about 10 days, we should have a name.

Branagh knows how to tell a story. Alan Taylor really got the second film wrong. I think Ken would have done a great job with a film set in Asgard.

Branagh knows how to tell a story. Alan Taylor really got the second film wrong. I think Ken would have done a great job with a film set in Asgard.

Terminator Genisys proved that Alan Taylor is a worthless hack. I honestly believe that Marvel saved us from something far worse with TDW by "interfering" with Taylor's vision.

I would love Branagh to come back for this, still love the first movie.

Terminator Genisys proved that Alan Taylor is a worthless hack. I honestly believe that Marvel saved us from something far worse with TDW by "interfering" with Taylor's vision.

Yep. I'm on Marvels side on this. Genesys was awful. TDW could have been a lot worse.

Well, that was unexpected. BUT Marvel has hired unexpected choices time and time again, and to great success. I hope that Marvel's vision holds true and, if this deal is made, he can get to work soon!

I really hope Marvel Studios won't bully this guy left and right and just let him tell the story he wants.

Never seen anything he has done so can't judge him as a director, I just he isn't a yes man and gets plenty of freedom. Would prefer Branagh back personally but I will give this guy a chance.

I saw What We Do In The Shadows just a couple of weeks ago and I thought it was brilliant. I'll say that. Interesting choice.

Interesting choice. I remember being skeptical about the Russo bros. So I will definitely give this guy the benefit of the doubt.
I just hope this movie is big and epic.

Cool choice! From his resumé, he seems like a pretty talented director!

Never heard of him,sounds like another Jon Watts situation. Interesting.

What we do in the Shadows was really good, but nothing like I would expect a Thor Ragnarok story to be so I don't really know expect from this.

I know one thing tho, I am glad they didn't go with Rob Letterman or Rawson Thurber.

The Wrap says Waitit beat out Ruben Fleischer (ZOMBIELAND), and THR says he also beat out Rob Letterman (GOOSEBUMPS) and Rawson Marshall Thurber (DODGEBALL).

How the hell Rob ****ing Letterman was ever in the running is beyond me. I know Marvel likes to think outside the box when it comes to directors, but damn! Letterman's resume is ****.

He must have had a heckuva pitch for Marvel to take a chance on him. Don't know much about him so can't really say it's a good or bad hire. Have to trust Marvel but there's so much potential in the Thor franchise that I hope it's not wasted by a bad director and/or bad script, which were both issues on TDW.

Fleischer and Thurber were also in the running for Ant-Man before Peyton Reed signed on.

WHAAAAAAAAAAT? :dry: No clue who he is and I can't even find anything about him.

Every director that seems to be circling Marvel Studios projects have some sort of comedic background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"