The Disney owns Fox thread

RUMORED to be back on the table and even if they do it , it still has to be approved by the FCC.

it will.the ceo of marvel a big trump supporter is third biggest shareholder in disney and big trump supporter and murdocks own propaganda arm of gop so trump's fcc will approve it just like they likely will soon end net neutrelty.

Yeah, I wouldn't count on this administration ruling against it.

They will rightly (if for the wrong reason) sue against the AT&T/Time Warner one but they will find a way to somehow ignore the similarities to this because it doesn't involve a news company hostile to Trump.

I am starting to feel good about buying those fox shares now.

Jesus Christ. This is awful. This is exactly what I was afraid of. Disney is getting out of control and it's only going to get worse in the years to come.

Last edited:
The good in this is vastly outweighed by the bad. People who think this is a good idea are thinking too narrowly about Disney getting ahold of the X-Men and Fantastic Four franchises.

this is bad. what about United States antitrust law?

I know no one is really going to care about this, of all things, but what about The Simpsons? Think Disney-FOX would keep it going or finally kill it off. I wonder about other things too. For example I’m loving The Exorcist, but I always wonder if Disney will push it out the door because they don’t feel it is what they want to support right now.

Yeah, Disney's not supportive when it comes to horror. Not REAL horror.

I hope it doesn't happen. I like X-Men movies Fox have made and I don't want the series to end.

I know no one is really going to care about this, of all things, but what about The Simpsons? Think Disney-FOX would keep it going or finally kill it off. I wonder about other things too. For example I’m loving The Exorcist, but I always wonder if Disney will push it out the door because they don’t feel it is what they want to support right now.
Disney would not be getting the television content. It would definitely kill any potential buyout/aquisition.

this is bad. what about United States antitrust law?

I would point out who is in charge of the current administration. And the DOJ.

But yes, Disney has already shown their hand with Star Wars. With Fox, they will force theaters to be primarily Disney theaters.

Yeah, Disney's not supportive when it comes to horror. Not REAL horror.
Agreed. Really worried about what could happen.

I hope it doesn't happen. I like X-Men movies Fox have made and I don't want the series to end.

Agreed. I don’t trust them not to reboot everything for MCU. I especially don’t trust them to move forward on any other Deadpool films despite how massively appealing and loved the first is.

Disney would not be getting the television content. It would definitely kill any potential buyout/aquisition.

THat article up top says television/movie assets.

EDIT: Just saw it says they’d keep the broadcast network...but how does that work if they have tv assets?

If this was just Marvel, and whatever FOX had left of ANH, I’d be fine with this. But this is just too much. Aliens, Avatar, Apes? I mean it feels like Disney will be running 50% of the film industry, at least on the blockbuster side of things. And what about Sony? Sony is on its last legs. When their Spider-Man Universe falls apart, how much longer will it be until they sell to Disney too?

Does Disney even have a division for more adult/R-rated films? If this goes through, are we going to see things relatively the same, or are we going to see a sudden lack of films made for adult audiences? Not even just talking Deadpool here, but like even though the Apes films were PG-13, I just don’t see those having come out of a Disney controlled FOX.

Well they had Miramax, before they sold it off.

Does Disney even have a division for more adult/R-rated films? If this goes through, are we going to see things relatively the same, or are we going to see a sudden lack of films made for adult audiences? Not even just talking Deadpool here, but like even though the Apes films were PG-13, I just don’t see those having come out of a Disney controlled FOX.

Not actively. And I doubt they would kill 20th Century Fox and Fox Searchlight. And Disney is fine with letting the brands cross mingle. I can see Fox branded Marvel films for the more adult fare like Deadpool.

Still, looking at 2018, Disney would to from releasing 10 films to 25. That is a significant shift in content to be in control of.

What's better though? Would people feel better about Comcast? It feels like there's going to be a sale eventually regardless of the buyer.

What's better though? Would people feel better about Comcast? It feels like there's going to be a sale eventually regardless of the buyer.

Don’t get me started a comcast other all this net neutrality talk happening. That said, I don’t know how they’d do. My concern is Disney doesn’t like taking many risks. The Last Jedi might be a major one, but TFA played it safe. Thor Ragnarok and the Guardians films definetely play outside the comfort zone but don’t push many boundaries. I’m just afraid Disney won’t take more chances like Deadpool or Logan, and considering they might end up with Alien and Predator in their stable, I’d really like to not see those shelves forever. Also, no matter how awesome fans might think, I don’t want to see Xenomorphs crossed into Star Wars or something.

here we go! Will it happen? Will it fall apart again? We'll see.

Curiously, this doesn't affect the Universal Studios theme park rights to Spider-Man and the characters held there.

If this happens, then there needs to be jobs maintained for everyone. Fox might as well keep their production studio properties.

as far as movie characters-

There's no excuse not to eventually have Wolverine vs. Predator, and to introduce the Xenomorphs to the Star Wars universe.

Don’t get me started a comcast other all this net neutrality talk happening. That said, I don’t know how they’d do. My concern is Disney doesn’t like taking many risks. The Last Jedi might be a major one, but TFA played it safe. Thor Ragnarok and the Guardians films definetely play outside the comfort zone but don’t push many boundaries. I’m just afraid Disney won’t take more chances like Deadpool or Logan, and considering they might end up with Alien and Predator in their stable, I’d really like to not see those shelves forever. Also, no matter how awesome fans might think, I don’t want to see Xenomorphs crossed into Star Wars or something.

I don't know, Disney tends to take a few risks. Tomorrowland. Tron Legacy. Hell, the original Pirates of the Caribbean.

I think you can essentially put down the output to the individual heads of the sub-studios. Kennedy. Feige. Lassetter. Something would be lost, if 20th Century Fox and Fox Searchlight are shuttered, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"