The Doctor Doom Thread

Had a crazy dream last night that they announced the cast of FF... and to everyone's surprise, they gender-swapped Doom... SHE was being played by Hilary Swank.

IF they mess Doom and or the F4 THAT bad, no matter good the rest of the MCU has been or would be going forward, that right there would be the end. After they screwed Spiderman so bad with One More Day, I spoke with my wallet and dropped ALL Spider titles for 10 plus years. The only reason I came back was Nick Spencer's run gave us a good Peter/MJ relationship even if they weren't married like I wanted to see. That said, if Marvel Studios massacres the F4 and especially Doom, then they have lost me for good.

Everything Always has been pretty reliable with their gossip...here they say Doom may show up in Ironheart based on some interesting stuff that has been said about the show....

IF they mess Doom and or the F4 THAT bad, no matter good the rest of the MCU has been or would be going forward, that right there would be the end. After they screwed Spiderman so bad with One More Day, I spoke with my wallet and dropped ALL Spider titles for 10 plus years. The only reason I came back was Nick Spencer's run gave us a good Peter/MJ relationship even if they weren't married like I wanted to see. That said, if Marvel Studios massacres the F4 and especially Doom, then they have lost me for good.
As much as the SJWs would love a female Doom or a Black Reed Richards or a gay Johnny Storm, it's just not happening.

Feige won't condemn the FF to a cold death to appease the Twitter mob. If anything FF (2024) will be the first FF movie to finally make real money.

As much as the SJWs would love a female Doom or a Black Reed Richards or a gay Johnny Storm, it's just not happening.

Feige won't condemn the FF to a cold death to appease the Twitter mob. If anything FF (2024) will be the first FF movie to finally make real money.

You are really sounding like a broken record.

I'm sorry I don't subscribe to what you subscribe to politically. I'm here to discuss a faithful FF adaptation. Not interested in an SJW's idea of the FF.

I've never once mentioned politics on this board. Diversity isn't political. But keep throwing around your buzzwords, I'm getting close to a far-right bingo.

Had a crazy dream last night that they announced the cast of FF... and to everyone's surprise, they gender-swapped Doom... SHE was being played by Hilary Swank.

i like hillary swank lol that could work when they do Victoria V Doom in 20 years

She could be the next Karate Doom.

I don’t hate Swank as Doom. She could really do that hissing curl way of saying “Richards” the way Doom does

I wouldn't want a female Doom, personally. I wouldn't write it off at concept, but it would need some salesmanship. The first worry I would have is making Reed and Doom some kind of bitter lover's quarrel thing. Which I feel they would totally do if Doom was female

I don’t hate Swank as Doom. She could really do that hissing curl way of saying “Richards” the way Doom does

I actually met Swank years ago, and she's actually a pretty nice and down to Earth person.

I don't know if I see her as a Victoria Von Doom, but I'd be totally down for her to be in the MCU in some other role.

If they did go for a female Doom, off the top off my head, I'd say Vesper Lynd herself, Eva Green.

db91c5510c025a293a4d1ca9191089d5.jpg

I’d love to get either Swank or Green in the MCU anywhere, but can’t quite picture a female Doom.

Dear God we shouldn't even be having this even in jest...if they actually gender swapped the single greatest villain EVER then the rights should have stayed might have stayed with Fox and it would be dead to me...surely that's not on my list of things to worry about

Dear God we shouldn't even be having this even in jest...if they actually gender swapped the single greatest villain EVER then the rights should have stayed might have stayed with Fox and it would be dead to me.
Yeah but diversity. Actually, if we're looking for a Spanish Doctor Doom now, how about Penelope Cruz? Una mujer malvada.

Dear God we shouldn't even be having this even in jest...if they actually gender swapped the single greatest villain EVER then the rights should have stayed might have stayed with Fox and it would be dead to me...surely that's not on my list of things to worry about

idk it worked very well in Loki, so why not a multiverse female Doom making a cameo in Doom Disney+ series. I think it would be amazing. Especially after Secret Wars is done and we will be in phase 6-7

After Secret Wars, we should be done with the multiverse. So I wouldn't want to see another universe Doom like Sylvie. On top of the fact that we would be basically treading on well worn ground by that point

Where are my die hard Doom fans to stop this female/gender swap nonsense when talking about Doom lol...i mean even in jest, we have had 3 cinematic abominations of the F4 and Doom especially Doom....how can anyone not want comic book adapted perfection when finally applied to Doom? I am a purist in the strongest sense of the word when it comes to the F4 and Doom...i

After Secret Wars, we should be done with the multiverse. So I wouldn't want to see another universe Doom like Sylvie. On top of the fact that we would be basically treading on well worn ground by that point

Make Victoria Von Doom an episode of what if

Where are my die hard Doom fans to stop this female/gender swap nonsense when talking about Doom lol...i mean even in jest, we have had 3 cinematic abominations of the F4 and Doom especially Doom....how can anyone not want comic book adapted perfection when finally applied to Doom? I am a purist in the strongest sense of the word when it comes to the F4 and Doom...i

I’m not even justifying such nonsense with a response.:dry:

Well, speaking for myself, I was just funning. I'm with you all the way, I'm a purist, especially about things I care deeply about, and the FF is one of those things.

Today I was listening to the Lex Fridman podcast and there was this really compelling interview with John Carmack, one of the developers of the game Doom. Basically the point was made Doom was founded by two creators, brilliant but over the top Romero and practical and occasionally dull Carmack.

anyway so in high school they were both influenced by this book called The Hacker Ethic. Here’s a quick description from Wikipedia

wouldn’t it be interesting to place Doom and Reed on a Magneto / Charles style axis where neither is 100% right or wrong but they’re seen as like, the ideological goal posts of their era. If you read that description you can definitely see how Doom would be opposed to the hacker ethic.

anyway, surely this is more compelling than just “Doom wants to date Sue”

Today I was listening to the Lex Fridman podcast and there was this really compelling interview with John Carmack, one of the developers of the game Doom. Basically the point was made Doom was founded by two creators, brilliant but over the top Romero and practical and occasionally dull Carmack.

anyway so in high school they were both influenced by this book called The Hacker Ethic. Here’s a quick description from Wikipedia

wouldn’t it be interesting to place Doom and Reed on a Magneto / Charles style axis where neither is 100% right or wrong but they’re seen as like, the ideological goal posts of their era. If you read that description you can definitely see how Doom would be opposed to the hacker ethic.

anyway, surely this is more compelling than just “Doom wants to date Sue”

And to think we nearly got hacker Doom whose real name was Domashev in Fant4stic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"