• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Homecoming The Drew Goddard's appreciation thread

Perry9

Bow ties are cool
Reaction score
drewgoddard-do-you-think-drew-godard-is-the-right-choice-to-direct-sinister-six.jpeg

Since this man will be writing and directing the next film in the Spider-man franchise, i figured that we should have a thread where we can discuss his past efforts in the business of filmmaking and how suitable he actually is for a film like that.

I, for one, am happy that we won't have the syndrome of "too many cooks in one kitchen" that we had with TASM 2. I think he is very talented and can craft a very compelling story.

this guy should've directed the TASM series in the first place

Hopefully he knocks SS out of the park, if not, franchise is probably dead!

Not familiar with the dude, but didn't he write Cloverfield? I loved Cloverfield.

I do wish him the best. Hopefully he can replace Webb if he does well.

One of these days, i really need to see Cloverfield.

If he had directed ASM the storyline would still have been the Origin, parents and Lizard. I think ASMs problems are mostly the path they have taken not the overall directorial style.

While I love Marc Webb and what he did with the first two movies, I'm somewhat excited about Goddard taking the reigns.
Other than World War Z having a boring air to it(which I blame on direction honestly), I have a good feeling about him for the ASM series.

While I love Marc Webb and what he did with the first two movies, I'm somewhat excited about Goddard taking the reigns.
Other than World War Z having a boring air to it(which I blame on direction honestly), I have a good feeling about him for the ASM series.

World War Z went through a lot of reshoots. I heard that Drew rewrote the third act and somewhat saved it. Plus, that movie had 3 other writers other than Drew. There is no way of knowing what went down.

As much as u love Webb I wouldn't mind if Goddard takes the stage of bringing his voice into spiderman.

Also let's not forget that the guy is also known to be a comic book geek and he also wrote some comics for Buffy even a couple of episodes even wrote some episodes of the latest daredevil series before he left to work on this movie

I also thought if he's working on this movie then maybe he would write for TASM 3 and if not just hire any great writers the general audience adore like the people behind skyfall or edge of tomorrow

I loved WWZ. What did Goddard have to do with that movie. If he wrote it than I have loved everything he has done as I loved CitW and WWZ.

If S6 comes together Goddard should absolutely be tasked with writing ASM3. Goddard can be for Spidey what Whedon is for Avengers.

If S6 comes together Goddard should absolutely be tasked with writing ASM3. Goddard can be for Spidey what Whedon is for Avengers.

That's what I thought too. Goddard can write for spiderman in webb's third film and I would live to see what Goddard can bring to spidey and Peter Parker

Also, when I think if Goddard I think of that robotic canine from jimmy neutron. You guys remember that show right?

I am only familiar with Goddard's "The Cabin in the Woods" and I loved that film. I believe he wrote and directed that one too. I'll have to check out Cloverfield at some point.

I could definitely see the potential here with Goddard writing/directing S6 and the success of that film. Much more info is needed on the S6 project to be able to make some sort of a judgement call though. However, I really hope if S6 is successful and this is the guy they hire to direct ASM3--they better give him the creative freedom to make the movie he wants/needs to make.

Goddard should direct spiderman if the sinister six proves to be a critical success

Dayyyyyym. I watched Cloverfield last night. It was pretty awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"