First Avenger The ending, did you go WTF? *spoilers of course*

He didnt even seem to be in a very secure location, he just gets up, shoves some guys down and walks out the front door?

If by that you mean that he throws two agents through a wall and runs out with a ton of agents chasing him, and others chasing him IN CARS.

He'd probably have gotten away if he didn't notice Times Square.

He was in a fake room when he woke up.....

Is he suppose to take the word of a sinister looking dude with and eye patch?? Is this really Times Square?

So I think the question would have worked.

Wait, so what part of Fury is sinister-looking? By the way you phrased your statement, it sounds like the eyepatch doesn't make him look sinister.

What do you find sinister about a bald black dude?

Why do you feel it pertinent to mention his race?

Don't be an idiot. It's Samuel L. Jackson in a trench coat with an eye patch. Looks sinister.

Don't be an idiot. It's Samuel L. Jackson in a trench coat with an eye patch. Looks sinister.
Especially considering that in Steve's time, a black person would never look him in the eye when speaking, even with just one eye.

Especially considering that in Steve's time, a black person would never look him in the eye when speaking, even with just one eye.

Gabe Jones seems to think otherwise.

He was in a fake room when he woke up.....

Is he suppose to take the word of a sinister looking dude with and eye patch?? Is this really Times Square?

So I think the question would have worked.

No, it wouldn't have.

Considering Nick Fury clearly couldn't be a Nazi for one glaringly obvious reason, which you clearly don't see.

The Nazis were racist against black people, as well as Jews. If the Nazis had won the war, FURY WOULD NOT BE STANDING THERE.

So yeah, it would be a logical conclusion to think that they won the war.

For someone who *****ed for months about Nazis not being in the movie, which they were (did the giant ****ing swastika in the film satisfy you?), you seem to not know pretty basic history.

Also, you *****ed about how Cap wasn't frozen in ice. Guess what! You were wrong about that too.

That's his description, no?

Last edited:
I want to see this movie with it ending on the kid's shield. And with the end credits be the times square scene to Avengers trailer.

^That would be around 5 mins, no way they'll have an extra credits scene run that long.

Gabe Jones sure as hell did.

OK then.

Gimme a break. You're either playing a game or just plain dumb.

Gee, yeah, the description of sinister must have something to do with the fact that he's bald and black. Forget the supervillain trench coat and eye patch. Christ.

Deadman_Pirate_flag.jpg
nick-fury.jpg

nickfury.jpg

Good Gravy....:doh: I cannot believe the comments....Did I say sinister black dude??? NO!!! The eye patch has loooong been an accessory that lended itself to being "scary". It says "I'm a cat that might be dangerous!" Sam Jackson has that persona "without" the eye patch and don't act like he doesn't!! Look at his movie roles...he plays bad a**@*es .The white Nick Fury looks more intimidating with his patch than he did without it.

Deathstroke.jpg

DEATHSTROKE ANYONE??????

Race! Race! Race! All we focus on is race! And I didn't even bring race into this! Some of you guys went to that card like a reflex! Come on!! If we didn't already know that "BOTH" Furys were heroes, would we trust these guys at "first-sight"???? Really??

That was my point!

Steve just woke up after 70 years! The first words he hears are those of a nurse "LYING" to him! And now guy in an eye patch and long black leather coat (similar to what the Red Skull wore) are approaching him. Yes sinister comes to mind...

And for the record...I'm a black man!

I want to see this movie with it ending on the kid's shield. And with the end credits be the times square scene to Avengers trailer.
first, that would have made it a pretty long After-Credits scene with the teaser attached .
Secondly,Not everybody would have stayed for the Extra scene so a lot of the audience wouldnt know that Cap is alive.

Secondly,Not everybody would have stayed for the Extra scene so a lot of the audience wouldnt know that Cap is alive.

That's why they should have cut back to the people from the beginning that found him in the ice.

I too feel that the ending was somewhat abrubt, and that's one of the problems that I've had with the Marvel movies of late. They seem more preoccupied with sitting up the Avengers than the story they are actually telling. Still, I must say, I found Captain America to be the best of the new Marvel movies since Iron Man. It was fun, engaging and moving at times, but still I found it to be a bit rushed at the end.

The ending is actually really good. It's designed to throw a small plot twist at the unsuspecting audience, i.e., those who don't know what happens to CAP.

However it could have been executed a bit better; when NF tells CAP that he has been asleep for almost 70 years what was needed was a couple of flash scenes, the plane crashing, CAP falling into hibernation in the crashed ship, and (most imporatntly) the exploratory team discovering CAP's body.

Last edited:
first, that would have made it a pretty long After-Credits scene with the teaser attached .

There's been 3 movies with after credits scenes. If they dont get it by now, they dont deserve to see it. :o

Another thing that bugged me is how he reacted when he found out that he was asleep for 70 years he was just like ok i am in the year 2000. What i really liked about the ending is that it made me want to see more of Cap. Like him seeing Peggy and him meeting the Members of the Howling Comando that are still alive

Yea alright i'm in 2011, fine.

I hated that Steve was never shown being unfrozen. I was really looking foward to a scene with Steve in bed with wires and breathing tubes hooked up to him, surrounded by SHIELD doctors and scientists trying to see if is still alive, they just jumped past too much there in that last scene. He didnt even seem to be in a very secure location, he just gets up, shoves some guys down and walks out the front door? SHIELD is supposed to be a super secret organization and you just let Captain America walk out the door, not that big a deal I guess but that scene just rubbed me the wrong way.

Yea I think it showed some laziness on the part of the whole production, especially a lack of showmanship. You need to see Cap defrost! That's the whole mystery and excitement of bringing Cap to life. It's his Frankenstein-like moment.

Yea I think it showed some laziness on the part of the whole production, especially a lack of showmanship. You need to see Cap defrost! That's the whole mystery and excitement of bringing Cap to life. It's his Frankenstein-like moment.

Kinda reminded me of the first Hulk movie, when his exposure to the gamma rays was done with a "flash bulb" poof, instead of the Gamma explosion everybody wanted to see.

Cap just leisurely waking up in a hospital bed was anti-climatic....DULL.

Maybe the Avengers movie will fill in some of those visual gaps we never got to to see in Cap's movie.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"