Eternals The Eternals General Disscussion and Speculation thread

Web-Head

Up, Up and Away
Reaction score
Thread to discuss all things Eternals

I hope they have the colourful and sometimes gaudy costumes. No black leather.

Give the guy who is in blue, yellow and red (or whatever colours they are) that same costume. I can't remember his name. I can only ever remember Sersi.

I hope they have the colourful and sometimes gaudy costumes. No black leather.

Give the guy who is in blue, yellow and red (or whatever colours they are) that same costume. I can't remember his name. I can only ever remember Sersi.

Agreed! I’m sure they will. It will be interesting to see how they blend the captain marvel type looks with something a bit more godlike. Maybe whack a toga on or something?

So what's their deal? Is this another Asguardian situation where they're just another alien species that happens to look exactly like humans and have godlike powers?

So way back in Ancient times, the Celestials (giant space gods most clearly seen when the Collector was describing the origins of the Infinity Stones) came to Earth and did experimentation. The experimentation turned humans into three groups - Eternals, Deviants, and regular humans. Regular humans had the potential to mutate (i.e., mutants as we think of them in comics). Eternals were basically gods and were in fact confused for the Greek gods. Deviants are uglier looking (for lack of a better word). When the Celestials came to another planet, the Deviants of that planet became the shape-changing Skrulls. Eventually, the Celestials will return to Earth and judge the planet and decide whether to destroy all life on it.

I should add that Jason Aaron is currently retconning some of this history, but it's early enough in the process that I don't feel comfortable judging what's real and not real in his presentation since it's told by an unreliable narrator.

Agreed! I’m sure they will. It will be interesting to see how they blend the captain marvel type looks with something a bit more godlike. Maybe whack a toga on or something?

Who is that colourful Eternal I described above with all the bright colours? I can never remember his name. I think he has blond hair too.

Sersi is the only Eternal I can ever remember. Maybe because she was also in the Avengers.

I think the Jim Rhodes Iron Man teamed up with them too in an annual. I had that issue but can't remember a thing about it.

maybe this will introduce x-men as rumored insider at new mutant thread said few monts go.

Who is/are the most badass Eternal-character(s)? :huh:

Who is that colourful Eternal I described above with all the bright colours? I can never remember his name. I think he has blond hair too.

Sersi is the only Eternal I can ever remember. Maybe because she was also in the Avengers.

I think the Jim Rhodes Iron Man teamed up with them too in an annual. I had that issue but can't remember a thing about it.
I think you're talking about Ikaris

Ikaris (Character) - Comic Vine

So way back in Ancient times, the Celestials (giant space gods most clearly seen when the Collector was describing the origins of the Infinity Stones) came to Earth and did experimentation. The experimentation turned humans into three groups - Eternals, Deviants, and regular humans.
Regular humans had the potential to mutate (i.e., mutants as we think of them in comics). Eternals were basically gods and were in fact confused for the Greek gods. Deviants are uglier looking (for lack of a better word). When the Celestials came to another planet, the Deviants of that planet became the shape-changing Skrulls. Eventually, the Celestials will return to Earth and judge the planet and decide whether to destroy all life on it.

I should add that Jason Aaron is currently retconning some of this history, but it's early enough in the process that I don't feel comfortable judging what's real and not real in his presentation since it's told by an unreliable narrator

Let me add that it was due to the existence of the Eternals and their colonization of other planets in our solar system, that the Inhumans exist.
The Kree encountered some of them while patrolling our system, and being the a-holes that the Kree are, attacked them. They captured one of them and experimented on him. Those experiments led them to Earth so they could try to replicate on baseline humans what the Celestials had done eons prior. The end result were the Inhumans.

I can imagine many actors and actresses and their agents are already busy pitching. Especially struggling ones. Could be a big big break.

Of course! Get a marvel role and you’re set for life! Speaking of...

Marvel Studios' 'The Eternals' Finds Its Director With Chloe Zhao

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that one aspect to the story involves the love story between Ikaris, a man fueled by cosmic energy, and Sersi, who relishes moving amongst humans.

The project also allows Marvel to assemble a diverse cast of various shapes and sizes.

Interesting they’re looking for diverse shapes and sizes. Could now be the time for the chunky hero?

Also, I hope we see the uni mind. What a cool visual

Also, I hope we see the uni mind. What a cool visual

The Uni mind. What every boy or girl at around age 18 has for the next 3-4 years as they head off to college. :o

Who is/are the most badass Eternal-character(s)? :huh:

Can only remember a couple, eros, gilgamesh, kronos, thanos, sersei, eros and thanos dad... can't remember his name.
They could merge them with the olympians if they really wanted. Although not sure if they should.

His dad is Mentor (Alars).

Gilgamesh, Ikaris, and Sersi are the three that I immediately remember of the Earth-based Eternals with Ikaris and Sersi being the most famous.

His dad is Mentor (Alars).

Gilgamesh, Ikaris, and Sersi are the three that I immediately remember of the Earth-based Eternals with Ikaris and Sersi being the most famous.

I remember Sersi, and remember the image of Ikaris but not necessarily his name. Gilgamesh rings a bell, but I don't know what he looks like.

The rest I don't know. Unless Eros is Eros of Titan, aka Starfox?

Yes, the eternals split i think. The titans are eternals. Although i think in the mcu they might not have them related to thanos as it would complicate his planet being destroyed. Although i have no idea what their story will be apart from maybe an appearance by the celestials. Longbtime since i read a comic.

It’s interesting there’s a split. Feige said in an interview that Ikaris thinks the eternals should keep themselves on their own version of mount Olympus basically but Sersi thinks they should schmooze with the earth people.

Maybe the mutants are descendants of Sersi?

It’s interesting there’s a split. Feige said in an interview that Ikaris thinks the eternals should keep themselves on their own version of mount Olympus basically but Sersi thinks they should schmooze with the earth people.

Maybe the mutants are descendants of Sersi?

I would prefer if mutants were just that mutants. The next stage in human evolution where they have naturally just mutated giving them special powers. For me having them be of mixed blood or being experimented on takes something away from the story. The story is for me about humans fear of them which is to a certain extent unfounded as eventually all humans would evolve to have these gifts. It is a fight against the inevitable and becomes somewhat of a tragedy.

I would prefer if mutants were just that mutants. The next stage in human evolution where they have naturally just mutated giving them special powers. For me having them be of mixed blood or being experimented on takes something away from the story. The story is for me about humans fear of them which is to a certain extent unfounded as eventually all humans would evolve to have these gifts. It is a fight against the inevitable and becomes somewhat of a tragedy.
That's interesting since them coming to be by way of experiments is what their origins in the comics really is. I guess since they discussed that happening many moons ago you might feel more disconnected from that as a start, but it's their start nonetheless. I actually think just having them mutate out nothingness and just start randomly having powers seems like lazy writing and too random to be believable so i really hope they just don't go that route. Either way you slice it, they got thier hands full coming up w/a great way to explain their exsistence in modern times, no matter what some peeps won't be happy. But I'm hoping they come up w/a way that most people think is a good idea.

That's interesting since them coming to be by way of experiments is what their origins in the comics really is. I guess since they discussed that happening many moons ago you might feel more disconnected from that as a start, but it's their start nonetheless. I actually think just having them mutate out nothingness and just start randomly having powers seems like lazy writing and too random to be believable so i really hope they just don't go that route. Either way you slice it, they got thier hands full coming up w/a great way to explain their exsistence in modern times, no matter what some peeps won't be happy. But I'm hoping they come up w/a way that most people think is a good idea.

I haven't read a comic since the 90's, when was the experimentation explanation introduced? That was always for the eternals and inhumans not mutants.
Evolution was good enough for the films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"