1.  2022 SuperHeroHype Awards

The 2022 Hype Award Season, hosted by Lily Adler and ComicChick is officially live!

Voting is now over! Stay tuned for the awards ceremony!

The SuperHeroHype Awards

The Eternals General Disscussion and Speculation thread

Discussion in 'Eternals' started by Speed Force, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I also liked the history - was more thinking of how other people would view it given many didn’t like the film or were mixed on it. The only issue I had with all of that was the pacing seemed off (and I’m not normally someone who is that bothered about pacing) as a result of jumping about. Yes exactly, it took a long time to get to the here and now full on. I’d love it if Chloe Zhao can come back and deliver a winner that is well received across the board as there were many good ingredients here and I also liked a lot of the cast.

Venom 1988 and Prison Mike like this.
  2. AVEITWITHJAMON Badass Cloud

I would see a sequel despite not thinking much of the first movie. But I will wait for official confirmation.

Bren and Iceman like this.
  3. misjuevos WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

Just saw the article on the homepage Isaac and Oswalt Tease the Future of Moon Knight and Eternals
    a piece from the article
    I know they are saying it was Kirby's creation, but the eternals we got was not Kirby's it was Gaiman's version. Kirby's Eternals are from Earth and were created by the Celestials experimenting on the primates. It sort of creates our missing link of how man evolved from primate to human. The Celestials are the missing link. Also we got more Kirby design from Thor ragnarok and Guardians of the Galaxy than we did from The Eternals movie. Just look at the plain ship they flew compared to what Kirby drew for the celestial host ship. Also look at the Celestials themselves in the movie compared to what we have already seen in GOTG. This version of the eternals was not Kirby by design or by story. I still think the Kirby version is the way to do the Eternals.

The Ironstar likes this.
  4. Ctfxcwatcher Registered

I keep coming back to this movie and thinking how much of a disappointment it is/was to a lot of people. This was being marketed as something different from the rest of the MCU, even had people from the inside telling John Campea Marvel felt this was the best film they ever made. I really don't know how they thought that when their crowning achievement is the Avengers films and Black Panther. I don't hate this film and I would say it doesn't deserve to be rotten but it really was a MASSIVE miss. I keep seeing the comparison to Ultron where people dislike it but warm up to it later. I don't know if this film will get that aging because people aren't attached to these Characters the way people were attached to Tony, Cap, Thor, etc. I could be wrong but that's just how I feel for now. I'm not sure if the sequel does well, could be a massive bomb for Marvel in the future. I think the days of Marvel being able to put out anything and it does great at the box office are winding down because the audience is changing since the pandemic and some people just aren't feeling this new phase so they might become more casual viewers than follow every movie like they used to. I know I'm projecting here and could be wrong.

5. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

If they do a sequel then I hope they use Uranos the Undying as the main villain.

6. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Given how last film ended, Arishem kind of has to be the villain I think

7. AVEITWITHJAMON Badass Cloud

Finally did a 2nd viewing of this at home and it's such a frustrating movie. It can go from top tier Marvel to bottom tier literally between scenes. The good stuff is so damn good. The Celestials are awesome and terrifying beings and then you get the Deviants who are an absolute waste and in the end totally pointless to the story.

I feel a mini series showing what the characters had been up to in present day before the movie came out could have done wonders as in the 2nd half of the movie especially finding all the Eternals dragged.

Or even pair more of them up rather than have Phastos, Druig and Makkari on their own.

I think those good parts are what has me interested in a sequel. But Zhao needs to learn what didn't work first time around.

Also. No ways should Ikaris have died at the end.

TheVileOne likes this.
  8. Spider-Fan83 with great power...

I actually wonder if Arishem's (trail) could be used as the set up for Secret Wars

like that's the test of rather or not humanity/an Earth deserves to be spared

9. Albright No soup for you!

that’s interesting- now that you’re bringing it up, I definitely have Beyonder-vibes in that last scene

10. Lily Adler Politically Delicious (she/her)

You can tell Marvel threw everything into this film, but it feels so lifeless.

TheVileOne and AVEITWITHJAMON like this.
  11. AVEITWITHJAMON Badass Cloud

I think they threw a little too much in. The movie feels both overlong and too short with plenty going unexplained or not explained enough.

TheVileOne likes this.
  12. CB Fan The Watcher

I think this needed to be two movies. One where they land on earth defend it from the deviants, eventually think they’ve defeated them all, and spilt up. Then the other where they get the gang back together because the job isn’t finished.

It also doesn’t help that the lead Cersei is played so blandly by Gemma Chan. I’ve only seen her in a few things and I just don’t think it gets any more energetic for her, she’s just kinda bland and low energy. If Cersei had a more energetic chipper personality I think it would’ve made the movie we got still flawed but less boring.

AVEITWITHJAMON likes this.
  13. blackdragon6 Registered

I was only interested in this movie because of people saying it was different from other MCU films and that intrigued me. But it didn't fully live up to that hyperbole imo. I still liked it more than I thought i would, but I can definitely see why people don't like it. It sometimes seems like it's trying to be two different things, a typical marvel Film, but not too much. And on the opposite end of the spectrum a antithesis to a typical marvel Film, but again, not too much. It felt like some kinda weird compromise. It also could have benefited from being told in chronological order. When it comes to the look of the film the only thing I liked was the look of the Celestials. Everything else looked dull to me. The actors and characters were ok I guess. I had no real complaint there.

Venom 1988 likes this.
  14. Albright No soup for you!

Watched this again and still love it. My favourite Phase 4 movie.

This is so beautiful. So much filmed outside in real landscapes. The sets in MoM, Thor 4 and parts of BP2 look so artificial and cold. I don’t see this getting better again soon, because Quantumania, Guardians Vol.3 and Marvel sure are set not on earth. But even Guardians Vol.2 looked more real, than any of those movies from 2022.

I also like the sequences flipping back and forth from present to past.

With all the backlash this had, I doubt Marvel will ever take risks again and try something new.

15. blackdragon6 Registered

That's my biggest fear out of all of this.

Albright likes this.