Eternals The Eternals General Disscussion and Speculation thread

Yeah, now I'm more interested hearing all of this. A lot of this sounds like stuff I'd like to see the MCU do. Instead of just relying on pre viz looking shots and the numbing special effects, I've wanted to see more of a texture and weight in service of the story the other movies don't have much of. I hope Zhao is able to break that Marvel mold, we'll see, this is all just talk, but it's encouraging to get an idea of the vision and it's interesting.

Campea talked about the chatter this film is getting on his show a couple of days ago:

Repeating that he knows someone closely connected to the situation who says it's the best movie Marvel has ever made.

Campea talked about the chatter this film is getting on his show a couple of days ago:

Repeating that he knows someone closely connected to the situation who says it's the best movie Marvel has ever made.

That's said almost with practically every Marvel movie, especially as of recent, so that doesn't mean a ton. Hell, we'll probably see some who say that Shang-Chi or Black Widow is the best movie Marvel has ever made.

Hmmm. Skeptical.
Getting an Oscar winning Chinese director with a background in independent and small scale character centered films to direct a big budget superhero film, no one's ever tried that before, what could go wrong ?

I mean, while you're at it cast a lesser known British-Chinese actress ( yes, Crazy, Rich Asians Asians, but she's hardly a household name) to play the lead character ( if reports are to be believed) who no one in the general audience has ever heard of.

It could be amazing, but I won't get excited about it just yet.

Great interview. Still have doubts about how good this movie will be, but glad to hear she was able to stick to her vision of it.

Unless her vision turns out to be garbage.....cough , WW84.

No it isn't.

Yes, it is. But I guess a few seconds of browsing or remembering it is hard. Though I love how you stopped there and not when I also said "especially as of recent."

Guardians 2-
Why Guardians Vol. 2 is the Best Marvel Movie

Black Panther-
‘Black Panther’ Review: Ryan Coogler Delivers the Best Marvel Movie So Far
Black Panther hailed as the best Marvel movie by far: Review roundup

Civil War-
15 Reasons Civil War Is The ULTIMATE Marvel Movie

Ragnarok-
Why ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Is the Best MCU Movie

So on and so forth. But you're right, it's not said at all.

This news is going to upset all 5 die hard fans of the Eternals comics:

Marvel's Kevin Feige confirms who the true lead of Eternals (digitalspy.com)

Well I'm glad it is Sersi, because that's who I thought it rightly should be. And if it had been someone else (eg Angelina Jolie), that wouldn't have seemed right. I suppose the only other one could be Ikaris, but still Sersi seemed the most appropriate.

Now why is Gemma Chan listed so low down on any credits for the film so far? Hopefully that will change when we get something more official, but she's always pretty much near the bottom, just because she was one of the last to be cast.

Yes, it is. But I guess a few seconds of browsing or remembering it is hard. Though I love how you stopped there and not when I also said "especially as of recent."

Guardians 2-
Why Guardians Vol. 2 is the Best Marvel Movie

Black Panther-
‘Black Panther’ Review: Ryan Coogler Delivers the Best Marvel Movie So Far
Black Panther hailed as the best Marvel movie by far: Review roundup

Civil War-
15 Reasons Civil War Is The ULTIMATE Marvel Movie

Ragnarok-
Why ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Is the Best MCU Movie

So on and so forth. But you're right, it's not said at all.

1 or 2 examples is not going to make your point.

the trailer for What if... will be released first.
Eternals will be more mid/end of May

Wait, it would? But Sersi has always been the most prominent and important of the Eternals. This would feel like getting angry that Thor gets all the attention in an Asgard-related movie.

More this:

Explaining the casting choices and the diversity decisions they made, Feige added that "the notion of switching up the genders, sexualities and ethnicities of the characters from the comics, was baked in initially."

wtf wtf wtf
Outside that reddit leak from last month...was it ever mentioned, that Ajak lives on a midwestern ranch?

Last edited:
yes - first I didn’t believe...but after seeing Salma Hajek on a horse with cowboy hat and clothes...
Test screening plot details leak

also this:
Kingo is a Bollywood actor ( there is a short dance routine that introduces this) and comes with the group along with his valet (don't recall the name) who tries to document everything on video.

a87c8d97da9499ec465db8685fc5ff0fb6e50e1a.gifv

8a7ed05cde83eed71016cc66b1b166aa846f84a7.gifv

74a8f6bed90fb64e0b4b5df80ae7f5a47c3ba815.gifv

12929ff0c216c7874e8f8b6313737f07d58af429.gifv

c0a17fac0da1cde2d0f9fdfa149d0c8cf9548f7e.gifv

23c6e0c33fb3bb1d86ed20edb8d84fe5e7fd1a2c.gifv

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member