Eternals The Eternals General Disscussion and Speculation thread

Who is speaking saying they haven't interfered until now? Is that Salma Hayek?

And why haven't they interfered until now? Infinity War didn't warrant that? Who else is going to say the same thing? X-Men? Fantastic Four?

I’ll be interested in seeing their reasoning for not interfering during Infinity War and Endgame. Even if half of them were snapped, you would think that the other half would at least reach out to the Avengers during that 5 year gap.

I think their inaction will be part of the point of the movie and their struggle. Now they're finally interfering.

I liked this trailer a lot. :up: I liked how simple it was and emphasized the important part. Unlike the Shang Chi trailer, we actually get to know who these characters are and what they do. They're immortals who have been here since ancient times and haven't interfered. I'm glad they emphasized the immortal aspect. I was afraid the marketing would try to make it look less like a Chloe Zhao movie and more like a Marvel movie, but I'm glad to see that wasn't the case. For once in a long time, an MCU movie doesn't look like an Apple commercial. This looks like it could be its own movie and that's what I've been wanting from the MCU for a long time.

Even the last scene which I was afraid would be cringe works because of the direction. It's still very much like what we saw. It doesn't have that same-y Marvel way of humor. There is a warm familial way about it. The sincerity of the scene makes it work. This is all a testament to Zhao's direction.

I do hope the movie is more like this. More contemplative than something as generic looking as Black Widow. If it is, maybe Disney is a little nervous. I hope so.

Last edited:
tftawkpih2171.jpg

Reposting this in case anyone is interested in major spoilers. The trailer seems to confirm the opening scene

The plot reminds me a bit of Ego’s plan in GotG2. Wonder if he gets a mention since he is a Celestial

Reposting this in case anyone is interested in major spoilers. The trailer seems to confirm the opening scene

The plot reminds me a bit of Ego’s plan in GotG2. Wonder if he gets a mention since he is a Celestial

I got a prediction on the off screen voice that stops Dane Whitman from using the sword: Wong. It would formerly connect a character from this movie to the rest of the MCU. Also I think that the MCU version of Starfox will be different than the Comics version.

Vol.2? As much as I like that film, it looks visually inferior to the first GOTG. Don't know where the put my finger on it, it's just that the colours of that film look all over the place, more "green screen"-ish and not as consistent as the first film's.

As for the Eternals trailer, i liked the visuals and it certainly looks unique, but the lack of any money shots really puts it below some of the other MCU trailers for me. It's just... there.

Hopefully Trailer 2 will show more good stuff.
I thought Guardians Vol. 2 looked better than the first, actually. I liked the color palette better there, and really thought it just popped more for me. I think Eternals looks a little washed out for my taste but it still looks different compared to the usual MCU look that Black Widow and Shang-Chi are continuing.

I disagree on Iron Man. Sure, it had less green screen, but the lighting was still flat.

As for the GOTG, they're probably the best-looking MCU films, but they still have that synthetic look that all MCU films have. It's just less pronounced.
I guess, I don’t see what you’re seeing. think all those movies look far more movie-worthy than most of the rest of the MCU’s televisual, flat look. Though it’s been a while since I’ve seen either of those movies, but I remember the first Iron Man looking pretty darn great. Well, to each their own.

Not too much happened in this teaser but it still looks very interesting and different to what we’ve had so far. Hopefully the full trailer has some good action too.

They are really refering the Sharwama scene of Avengers here, dont they?

Why? Has Angelina Jolie grown a beard? Why is she covering her face like Chris Evans was in the Sharwama scene?

That looked good for a TEASER. Kept several things hidden. DC or Sony would've spoiled half the movie already.

I am all for not spoiling half the movie, but I also want to learn about the movie. In general, teaser trailers do little for me. They basically amount to "this movie exists" and that doesn't do much for me. So in general, I would like something more out of the first trailers we see. I mean, things like seeing cool costumes and such can be given to me in a still image. I ask for more from trailers than that

Last edited:
We were made well aware of the problems Alan Taylor and Joss Whedon were having on TDW and AOU, respectively, before the films were released.

I disagree. At least in Taylor's case, he only made his true dissatisfaction with TDW's production two YEARS later, when he was promoting Terminator Genisys.

Good lord, that ending scene ruined the entire trailer. They had a cool vibe going up until that shirtty "comedy" scene with terrible acting and cringe dialogue.

Making an Eternals movie is such a weird choice.

That trailer didn't do a thing for me and this franchise remains the one I'm least interested in right now.

I think some of yall are overstating the comedy thing

I took it as a cute little, slightly joking moment between family, it wasnt a “Wokka Wokka! Here comes the one liners!” comedy bit

Trailer itself i thought was fine, i like that theyre keeping it under wraps a bit

sad to see it may be lining up with spoilers, I wonder what Marvel was able to change after the leaks

I think some of yall are overstating the comedy thing

I took it as a cute little, slightly joking moment between family, it wasnt a “Wokka Wokka! Here comes the one liners!” comedy bit

That's how I feel, but you know there are people who want all of their superhero movies to be 100% serious these days. If I wanted a serious movie, I'll watch a movie like Schindler's List or Hotel Rwanda. These films are supposed to be fantasy. Fantasy isn't supposed to be 100% serious.

It's like "this is a damn superhero movie! so we are not allowed to have any comedic moments. If they do, I am never watching anything in the MCU ever again! Kevin Feige sucks!"

Last edited:
That's how I feel, but you know there are people who want all of their superhero movies to be 100% serious these days. If I wanted a serious movie, I'll watch a movie like Schindler's List or Hotel Rwanda. These films are supposed to be fantasy. Fantasy isn't supposed to be 100% serious.

It's like "this is a damn superhero movie! so we are not allowed to have any comedic moments. If they do, I am never watching anything in the MCU ever again! Kevin Feige sucks!"

Jokes are for babies! And ima Big Boy!

I come into superhero movies not expecting it to be 100% serious. I am not bashing movies that are 100% serious, like the two I mentioned in Schindler's List and Hotel Rwanda, as those two are great films. But those two films have serious subject matter that doesn't constitute humor.

The trailer has an all star cast but not much of the plot is actually revealed story wise. It’s basically a tease. The only thing that sorta ties it in is the name drop of Steve Rogers and Tony Stark as Avengers.

I know nothing about this. Trailer was Meh. Can someone who's a fan give me a run down of who these guys are? Power sets, backstory etc Because I'll be honest, these guys look like they're from Thor's universe.

It doesn't need to be juvenile potty humor (although Paul Rudd has a lot of experience in those type of films LOL) but it also doesn't need to be 100% super serious.

My personal objection to that moment isn't that joke itself, but rather what I fear it may bode for the rest of the film...

Its unfortunate that anyone who expresses reservations about an upcoming MCU project gets shouted down and accused of being a humourless jerk...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"