• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Eternals The Eternals General Disscussion and Speculation thread

What an awesome trailer, I loved the previous 2 but this one hit it out the park. Ikaris looks freaking great, can’t wait for more superman like heroes to show up maybe a Sentry or Hyperion.

Seeing Shang-Chi in theaters and def gonna be seeing this on the big screen. Gonna be interesting if this is a one off. Chloe is on such a roll idk if she’d be interested in making a sequel, then again she was the one who asked to make a marvel movie.

A big nitpick. Thanks to the gif, can see clearly now the facial expression of Ikaris the moment Ikaris breaking the table looks off. Specially him closing his eyes as he hits it. He might look surprised but closing his eyes hitting a puny table is something just an actor would do, vibranium of not. I am even okay with Sersi dramatic surprised reaction. I would do another take. Or leave this scene out. Sorry just a nitpick of a fleeting moment because that gif certainly stands out in an off way to someone who smacks hard on his desk at times at office when irritated.

Question guys, how big are celestials? I read that they're somewhere between 2000 to 2500 feet? Was EGO the living planet the biggest we've seen or they all vary in size?
Their average height is 2,000 feet according to google results. They are like really tall.

Still not sure about the choice to double up on Eson's six eyes () for Arishem instead of giving him his own slitted coffeemug head (). I get that a one to one adaption of the comics may not look great but I feel like they could've done something more unique with it.

Yeah I wasn't sure if the celestial in the trailer was arishem or not since his head looked more like eson.

In the MCU they made Titan a distant planet which coincidentally has the same name as Saturn's moon. Thanos did call the planet Titan by name. I think it's a fine choice, since having a bunch of aliens within our own solar system wouldn't be as believable nowadays and interstellar travel had already been widely established in the MCU anyway.

I am not sure what you mean by believable. are you saying that having aliens in our solar system is unbelievable because we would know about them since we have better tech?

on a side note
I just hope we see the kirby crackle. Also the eternals were one of the most colorful characters, panel wise I mean, from their kirby designs to the flashy bright suits. These looked like they were faded or something. I hope they at least show the fourth host ship, that thing was huge and bizarre, but very alien looking not just some floating hunk of marble.

I am still looking forward to this just to see the celestials vaguely and mysteriously talked about but not explained. They are forever a mystery.

I am not sure what you mean by believable. are you saying that having aliens in our solar system is unbelievable because we would know about them since we have better tech?

Basically that yeah. And also that 1. there's a bunch of secret civilizations on/near Earth already, how many more are we going to discover? and 2. we have an established huge universe with interstellar travel, so having almost every massive universe-affecting being and event somehow originating in the same solar system just seems statistically implausible (I know that's still eventually going to be the case with all the Avengers, Eternals, Mutants, Inhumans, Kang, Phoenix, Molecule Man, Franklin Richards etc. all going to be on Earth but it certainly doesn't hurt to spread it out a bit). At least characters like Drax, Mantis, Yondu, Stakar, Martinex, Charlie-27, Aleta, Ayesha, etc. don't all have origins as some kind of human/originating in our solar system in the MCU, unlike the comics.

It's looking like I'll have to wait the 45 days to watch Shang-Chi on Disney+. Still can't go to see the movie logistically AND the nationwide theater chain now no longer allows customers to reserve tickets beforehand, you have to buy them at the same time. For someone who buys them on the day I'm seeing the movie, that's a big middle finger from the theater chain. So thanks, Wanda Group/AMC! I'm hoping things will have improved by the time this comes out.

AMC let me reserve tickets for 9/2. Where are you located?

Looks like another MCU movie with a villain problem honestly. Thought we were past this.
I question how.
We have no clue how bad or good any of the characters are until we see the film itself, so the idea we can call the villain bad when we've only heard one line of dialogue from them us extremely presumptuous.

I question how.
We have no clue how bad or good any of the characters are until we see the film itself, so the idea we can call the villain bad when we've only heard one line of dialogue from them us extremely presumptuous.
I didn't say anything about the presumed villain being bad. I said there appears to be a villain problem in that the majority of MCU movies are more concerned with hitting certain marks on the heroes rather than the villains which makes them largely forgettable.

The last trailer gave me enough to give it a shot at the theater; if it's safe to do so in November.

This trailer wasn't really doing a lot to develop the Deviants, but I think we might be getting a Skrulls type misdirect where they will turn out to be victims and Arishm will be the true villain. But I think there is gonna be an interesting swerve somewhere in this story.

Hadn't really thought of that, but interesting. If so, there are going to be some consequences for a/some of the heroes. I don't think we quite know enough to assume a "villain problem"; which is not something I see much of in MCU. Some villains, of course, leave something to be desired, but there have been some good ones.

If the leaks are true

One of the end credits has Dane Whitman looking at the Ebony blade and he's trying to touch it a voice warns him against it. If I had to guess the voice is a certain Sorcerer Supreme

The esthetic isn’t far off from what the asgardians wear, specially Druig’s armour which looks very much like Thor’s.

I do wonder how they’ll connect eternals and asgardians in the MCU.

the armor in on those covers look kind of like the armor arishem is wearing in the trailer. It's funny those costumes really pop and are dynamic even though there are a few colors like gold, black and white. The ones in the trailer need to pop like this.

anyway saw this video about some possible plot for the movie, it is just speculation but was interesting if anything.

I didn't say anything about the presumed villain being bad. I said there appears to be a villain problem in that the majority of MCU movies are more concerned with hitting certain marks on the heroes rather than the villains which makes them largely forgettable.
That's not much different, and everything I said still applies here.

The costumes look too samey to me. They just have different colors and details. The only costume I like is Athena's. I want a more comic book accurate for Sersi and Ikaris in the neXt movie. The rest (eXcluding Sprite), I can't recall their comics costume. I can't remember Kumail's character in the movie but that one also has a cool comics book costume.

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings better eXceed eXpectations then. The more delays, the longer the wait for the reboot of the Fantastic Four and the Mutants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"