The Expendables 2 - Part 2

bE3Qj.jpg

New Clips! ( In German)

[YT]Rhf8C1A1cps[/YT]

[YT]NJ0EfcjEFqw[/YT]

[YT]BhrIrwptfqI[/YT]

[YT]JbVA6tvbh00[/YT]

[YT]E4SPD2eGB9A[/YT]

My pops/wife&I loved it,I enjoyed the first one and this one was indeed much better,I really like that Sly&especially Arnold acknowledged there old now But show they are still in shape and have plenty of gas left in the tank,It seems to be like that in their next solo movies and it's the perfect direction for them to go in!!!!

I was also very satisfied with the amount of screentime Arnold, Bruce and Norris got.

I was initially afraid they were going to be glorified cameos but they were all used very effectively in the short amount of time they were in.

you really want to know the ending?
then i have to say that
yes, he dies.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! so he loses his fight to stallone?

Loved it. It's better than E1 because it has a better villain and less story and serious "character moments". The banter between Sly and Statham was worse than in E1, though. Some one-liners are legendary and JCVD was having tons of fun, you could tell.

Great flick, can't wait for E3.

I'm sorry, but there's nothing good about having less story than the first

I feel there's more&better story in this one But I don'y really care about that,Caring about a story is just not important to me for many movies and especially this type!!

The story was coherent and worked for the most part which is more than I can say for The Dark Knight Rises :p and the Transformers trilogy.

OK, Ok, I kid on Dark Knight Rises but seriously movie has tons of plot holes. But let me sub out Dark Knight Rises for The Bourne Legacy.

I'm saying the story here is simple and coherent and that is what's important to me. The movie moved very well, and it was never like "this is so stupid and insulting my intelligence" or "this is trying to be way too smart and clever that it's stupid and doesn't make any sense" like Bourne Legacy. I only had a couple real plot issues but I cover those in my review.

And then you have the Transformers movies with just these ridiculous pointless scenes with dialogue that isn't funny and all these sexual references that go on forever and it's like I want to get shot in the face.

Expendables seems to tow the line and find the balance quite well. I was never satisfied during Transformers like I was during Expendables 2. Just seeing Van Damme in a big movie again and being COOL and having fun was awesome. I remember watching some Van Damme crappy low budget movie on Spike TV some years back and it just looked bad. Van Damme looked bad and he looked miserable. Here he was a scumbag but he looked like he was having fun and a good time and I did as well. And the movie overall looks good.

only plot holes I found was little things like"how did they get here/there so fast"&"how did he destroy that",Nothing major!!

Story is so important even for a full action movie?,Especially an 80's&90's mixed style action MOVIE!?..Pfft

Story is pretty good,Characters are done much better than the first one,Sly/Willis/Arnold/Lundgren/Norris/JCVD&Li are much older now But still in shape and seem to have plenty of gas in the tank for solo movies and a sequel to this one

Got back from EX2 and for the most part I'm not disappointed. Great movie, definitely a big improvement over the first. The chemistry between the cast is much better and you can tell the actors had a lot of fun being back. One of the biggest improvements is that the shakycam and choppy editing of the original has been done away with and the action is much easier to view. The action scenes in this one are kick-ass too and easily blow away everything from the first movie. The opening sequence and climax are something to behold.

Not many negatives I have, but thinking of a few:

• Arnold and Bruce definitely would've been good to have had more screentime with.
  • Jet Li disappears early on and doesn't return. Would've been nice to have seen him back for the climax.
  • No mention of what happened to Tool from EX1.
  • Still quite a lot of digital gore, although this time it doesn't look as bad.
  • JCVD is fun as the villain but needed more screentime to develop his character.
  • Some of Arnold's one-liners miss the mark and feel a little too tongue-in-cheek.

All in all though, a blast of a movie and a marked improvement over the first.

I'm not going to give this a serious review. It's not that kind of movie. I'm not going to go on about character development or line delivery from actors or plot and story problems. It just doesn't suit this kind of movie to do that. What I will say however is how much ****ing fun I had watching it. It was start to finish balls to the wall action. It doesn't pretend to be anything else. The characters were fun, and you got the feeling they had fun filming the movie. I'll probably go see it again this weekend. It was a great time!

So much fun! Will have to make the theme from The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly my new ringtone.

I wish jet li had more screentime,other than that I loved this movie...bring on THE 3RD
Dolph lungren scares the hell outta me

Jet Li's role in this one was just a big scene-sized cameo But I thought he did good with it!

I f'n love Lundgren's character and especially his development in this movie!

Hell yeah! Just saw this and it was an absolute blast. Sure, there are some issues with it, but it was just a fun, fun movie to watch. So many cool, fun parts I wouldn't know where to begin.

As someone that grew up watching, and loving, the 80's action movies, this was a real treat. It put a big grin on this old fart's face.

In the scene where Statham has his fight with Scott Adkins. Did anyone else think that helicopter looked a lot like the old Airwolf? Doubt it was meant to be but, it would be a fun little Easter egg. Also, loved how Chuck Norris kept popping up. Even Arnold says, "Who's next, Rambo?"

I know some of the one-liners were cheesy as hell, but they were so cool. Just added to the overall fun.

I know some of the one-liners were cheesy as hell, but they were so cool. Just added to the overall fun.
Especially the Chuck Norris joke about the king cobra!

Especially the Chuck Norris joke about the king cobra!

So bad, it was awesome! It got a good laugh in my theater. All of the Terminator references got laughs, too.

It just seemed that most of the people in my theater had a lot of fun with the movie, enjoyed it for what it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"