The Expendables 2 - Part 2

So bad, it was awesome! It got a good laugh in my theater. All of the Terminator references got laughs, too.

It just seemed that most of the people in my theater had a lot of fun with the movie, enjoyed it for what it was.
I think the only thing that got a bigger pop out of my theater was when that last bad guy showed up in the village and Stallone yells, "ONE MORE!"

Many of those lines were cheese But they were good&delicious cheese,The way they said them were not even in serious tones like in the old days and that's why it works now,When Norris did that King Cobra joke he said it with a serious face but then quickly smiled&laughed and you could tell the actors had a blast filming that stuff!!!

The cheesy lines worked for me and I think LuisTX85 nailed the reason. It was almost as if the actors were "winking" when the lines were said.

How about a Rambo reference? Wink, wink

Classic Terminator line? Sure, here you go. Wink, wink.

Total fun.

I am oozing with glee right now. Oh God, this was ****ing awesome. Van Damme was a great villain. Could have been in it a bit more, but only because I thought he was so great. The first scene between the two groups was tense and threatening.

The action DELIVERED. I went in wanting a kickass movie with lots of action and cheesy one liners and I got it.

Part 3 needs to get green lighted ASAP!

Part 3 needs to get green lighted ASAP!

I believe it has been, but could be wrong.

Sadly, I probably will not be able to see this in the cinema, due to my schedule for the next two weeks. :-(

Read something horrible, not saying where I read it at, but 11M Fri, 29M weekend. -_-...dammit economy. 80M final Domestic? Still waiting for Deadline to post it's first estimates...seeing this tomorrow.

TOMORROW. VD and Adkins all over my screen, YES YES YES OH YES.

I am oozing with glee right now. Oh God, this was ****ing awesome. Van Damme was a great villain. Could have been in it a bit more, but only because I thought he was so great. The first scene between the two groups was tense and threatening.

The action DELIVERED. I went in wanting a kickass movie with lots of action and cheesy one liners and I got it.

Agreed, that first scene with the two groups was awesome and intense.

JCVD was a great villain!

Yeah, everything that JCVD said didn't feel like some half hearted empty threat. He meant ****ing business and you believed everything that he would do. This was the first time I felt Barnie's team was really in danger.

Could you see Van Damme as any particular DC/MARVEL comics character?

The movie isn't out till August 30 in Australia but boy am I looking forward to it. Hated the first one but this looks like a hell of a time.

Yeah, we got the shaft, I hope it wasn't pushed back because of Saphires or some B.S. like that.

Also, Australia is severely under represented in the Expendables. If Mel Gibson joins EX3, I hope his character uses an Aussie accent.

Mel Gibson as the main villain for a part 3 would be so f'n perfect!

Could you see Van Damme as any particular DC/MARVEL comics character?

Count Vertigo or Batroc.

Anyways, I very much enjoyed it!! I like this one and the first the same. Each has its different charm. Van Damme was indeed an outstanding villain! He kinda' exuded a bit of the "suave villainy" of a Louis Jordan-type villain. The fight between him and Stallone delivered, as did Statham's and Adkins'. Lundgren did better here than he did in the last one. Loved Chuck Norris!!

This movie was totally rediculous, full of cheese, every line was a groaner......

AND I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!!!!!

I liked the first one, but this one is so much better. It's 100 mintues of pure testosterone sprayed on the screen, and what I love is that the movie just says F- it, we are going totally over the top.

Freaking Chuck Norris steals the show!

If they actually get Clint Eastwook and Harrison Ford to do cameos in the next one, I am so freaking on board!

This movie deserved a 10/10 for what it is. It doesn't attempt to be smart, or deep, or dark, or brooding, or any of the things Hollywood says a movie should be now a day. This is a movie that knows what it is, and isn't embarassed about it.

This movie will be the ultimate cult classic for years to come. It's not going to break any records, and it may not even make as much as the first one, but this will be one of those films people will be watching 20 years from now, because of the viral word of mouth it will get in the cult scene.

I would love female Expendables in the Expendables film!! Make the woman go against the men on a mission...

My team Sigourney Weaver as Sly's Ex-Wife, Linda Hamilton as a FBI agent or whatever, Gina Carano, Lucy Lawless, Zoe Saldana! Brigitte Nelson, and Mill Jovovich but she has to be Russian!!

And come on who doesn't want to see GINA CARANO vs JASON STATHAM?!?

LOL @ an all female Expendables

they going for a straight up comedy it seems

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"