The Final Swing

the reason why it can not be with MJ is because with her it would have to be a slow swing not this cool badass acrobatic swing.

Why would it have to be slow? MJ is weightless to someone with Spidey's strength.

I know what the guy means though -- Spidey can't exactly be looping round cranes and free-falling with the love of his life on his person.

I know what the guy means though -- Spidey can't exactly be looping round cranes and free-falling with the love of his life on his person.

Why not? There's zero chance he'd drop her with his ability to cling to objects. Even the g-forces wouldn't affect her really.

It's really all about th choreography of the scene. And I can imagine how thry could generate a really cool balletic type of scene with the two of them.

Why not? There's zero chance he'd drop her with his ability to cling to objects. Even the g-forces wouldn't affect her really.

It's really all about th choreography of the scene. And I can imagine how thry could generate a really cool balletic type of scene with the two of them.

There's reason to be skeptical but here's hoping you're right. We're definitely all hoping they can pull it off.

As far as the first movie, yes they had them swinging together through the city but the camera angles were much different than those used for the final swing sequences of the first two films. They relied more on the zoomed out approach, showing people watch them from the street level.

I could see if he picked her up like towards the end of the swing, and they swung towards the camera together.

Okay, if Spidey is looping around cranes and stuff...his swing is probably gonna be at least 6 Gs(to the minimum)...of course its going to effect her.Plus its gonna look weird...I hope he doesnt have MJ with him in the final swing

Okay, if Spidey is looping around cranes and stuff...his swing is probably gonna be at least 6 Gs(to the minimum)...of course its going to effect her.Plus its gonna look weird...I hope he doesnt have MJ with him in the final swing

If she survived the drop from the bridge and balcony in Spidey one, she can handle that. The g-forces of swinging with Spidey would be about the level of an intense amusement park ride. Anyway- it's a fantasy movie.

I saw the movie yesterday and....
There is no final swing in the movie!:cmad:

is there a final swing-esque type sequence of an elongated continuos swing sequence in it?

is there a final swing-esque type sequence of an elongated continuos swing sequence in it?

The first time we see symbiote spidey in action and then when normal spidey makes his entrance in the 'Battle Royale'. But nothing (for me) that comes close to the final swing unfortunately.

Now I'm curious, man...

so, how does the movie end? Seriously! Whats the last scene! What the heck was so important that Raimi couldn't use the swing!

Hopefully they will put one in on the 3.1 dvd.

I doubt it but we can always hope.
Now I'm curious, man...

so, how does the movie end? Seriously! Whats the last scene! What the heck was so important that Raimi couldn't use the swing!
Yeah...i know i was waiting for the music to kick in and see Spidey triumphantly do one more swing through the city after (yet again) overcoming so much personal tragedy. Having said that...the ending with
MJ and Pete reconciling is a good scene.
BTW:
They put clips from the final swings from the first two movies in the opening sequence.Perhaps that was done as a compromise?

So, the last scene is very important. More important than a final swing.

In the grand scheme of things yes that scene is essential. Just wish they could find a way of making him do the final swing right after even if it may have seemed out of place.:(

I edited my original post btw.:cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"