The Flash Season 1 Episode 11- The Sound and the Fury

Discussion in 'The Flash' started by KillerMcQueen, Jan 21, 2015.

?

Rate The Episode

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

I can see Piper reforming and switching sides to help Barry like he did in the comics one day. Piper would make a good replacement for Wells when he goes full villain.
    Wells/Reverse Flash has been pushing Barry more so that he can reach his potential and Wells can then siphon off his speed force.

Reverse Flash taunting and beating Barry was just another way off pushing him to go faster. After the encounter Barry has been pushing himself more.

2. BLACKVULCAN Token Black Superfriend

Dang! wells has in the words of Cisco Ramon "A Dope PLACE!" Super-villiany must pays pretty good!
    it was an alright episode for me nothing spectacular.. i did like the interaction between Wells and Cisco as to the reason why he hired him!dug Cisco showing up with the " Han shot 1st shirt!" that dude has became one of my favorite characters on the show... but if he lets that Piper fool out cause he's has info about FIRESTORM!!that will be Dumb! i would be B&*h!!! FIRESTORM CAN HANDLE HIMSELF!! You better get out here with that noise!:cwink:

oh and if they Kill off Joe.. which as someone remarked is going to happen cause he is black and a parent!( thats the kiss of death!) haha I am going to be Royally PISSED OFF!! That dude and the chemistry with Barry is GREAT!!

3. Bathead The Oldest Geek

Ah, yes, I had forgotten that.

4. DarkKnightSiv Registered

That would be a great risky move if they are going to kill him... Cause the character is well settled... Personally I don't see that happening...
    And If we all think that Wells is the RF! Then does anybody know why would he even leave Eddie without a scratch in the other episode... I mean I have been thinking about this all day...I again start thinking that if Eddie goes on to become the RF! I know it sounds stupid..But does anybody have any opinion about this??

5. coluanprime Registered

Wells might not face lawsuits on the idea that his contract with the city allowed him to turn it on unless he was aware that there was something specifically faulty. In Well's defense (even though we the audience know that he would have turned it on anyway to make Barry the Flash), Hartley didn't mention anything specific, and they had likely taken all precaution necessary (Well's wasn't working alone, so other people who did want the Particle Accelerator to turn on i.e. Ronnie or Hartley would have tried to make sure it was safe). Well's could say that he was warned it might explode but with no evidence to back it up he chose to ignore it in the same way he would have chosen to ignore the warning that it would turn into a black hole.

6. kedrell Fork&SpoonOperator

Well, glad to see a nice return to form after last week's mediocrity. This was quite a strong episode. The gay Harry Potter guy was a decent threat and I liked pretty much everything else all the characters were doing as well, even Iris.

8/10

7. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Eddie may be one of Wells ancestors which is why he wouldn't harm him.

Eobard Thawne aka Professor Zoom is from the future in the comics but they have probably switched that around so that Wells is from the future and is a descendant of the Thawnes.

8. Rowsdower! Registered

I hope Eddie does turn out to be a psycho supervillain somewhere down the road. His voice is so subtle and creepy I don't find him believable as a cop.

9. BestGirl Reluctantly following Vought's orders

If they do kill off Joe I hope they wait until the final season so we'll see more of him and his death would have maximum impact.

10. KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

I imagine if any major deaths occur in the final season Barry would be the most likely candidate.

#85 KillerMcQueen, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  11. BLACKVULCAN Token Black Superfriend

i hope you are right Dark! the relationship between him and Barry is one of the best "bromaces" on Tv.The Chemistry between them truly is that of a father and son one!I totally dig seeing it!

12. JPC4 Registered

Anyone else notice that when Barry fought the Reverse-flash in episode 9, that RF left a yellow streak. And in last night's episode Welles left a red streak when he ran. With Cisco theorizing that there were 2 Flashes present when Nora Allen, is it possible that Welles was actually the red streak amongst the chaos (and not Barry).

13. terry78 baby, that chicken was dry...real dry

They're gonna either take out Joe or Barry's dad. They need something that will be a gut punch for the character because he loves both dudes.

14. Cain Gentlebane

The "yellow streak" was his blurring costume while he speeds. The same way with Barry the "red streak" is his blurring costume while he speeds. Notice that when Barry runs without the costume his lightning is always yellow. Same way Wells' lightning is red without his costume. The reverse of Barry.

15. Boy Scout Registered

The Good:

- The Pied Piper. Easily one of the best antagonists the show has had up to this point. He might even be in my top two.

- The relationship between Harrison and Hartley and the exploration of how it degraded over time.

- The use of Cisco and his history with Hartley, as well as his relationship with Harrison.

- Iris' "gumption".

- Tom Cavanagh. Need I say more?

- Harrison/Barry.

- And of course, Barry/Joe.

The Bad:

- Nothing. This was my second favorite episode of the season.

16. Seb We are all Bat-People

I've been thinking about the whole Harrison RF angle, the two speedsters at Barry's house when his mother was killed and the Flashpoint Paradox event (or at least the version in the animated movie).

I rewatched the fight in 'The Man in the Yellow Suit', and RF says 'it was your mother's destiny to die that night', not that he killed her. I wonder if in this universe, RF was the one to stop Barry from saving his mother, not another version of Barry. If that were true, the twist could be that Barry's dad killed his mother all along, and all RF did was stop Barry from saving her and screwing the world up in the process.

Wild speculation, but I think it could be a cool twist.

17. Spider-Aziz Flame Roy Returns

They were there just for a fun drive scene.
    Anything about them? None at all.

18. The_Manhunter Zack Snyder & MCU Fan

IMO the RF in episode 9 wasn't Wells. There are two of them I think.

19. greenlantern248 Registered

Actually when Barry runs in costume or no costume he always leaves a yellow lightning streak.
    When Wells run he leaves a red lightning streak whether he is in costume or not.

20. Cain Gentlebane

Yes but there are still yellow and red blurs present before their respective lightning streaks which is why people are getting confused.

21. Human Torch Registered

I really hope not.He was a great villain and I hope they get some good mileage out of him as a villain.

22. kedrell Fork&SpoonOperator

Agreed. This was probably the best episode after the mid-season finale'.

23. Hunter Rider Ronin

I enjoyed the episode, glad the series runners realize that ever ep needs a dose of the Barry and Joe bromance. :D

The Pied Piper was one of the best villains so far, from performance to backstory to his plans, just a shame they couldn't give him a more flamboyant costume as his ego suited it more so than a drab hoodie.

I find what they are doing with Wells really intriguing, I'm not 100% sure how evil he is, or if he truly is at all, there seems so many moments of genuine humanity about him, but other times the sneering arrogance and devious manipulation pulls me in another direction emotionally.

#98 Hunter Rider, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  24. herolee10 No More Miracles

Agreed.

Although Wells's acts are anything but morally right, he doesn't come off as "evil". If anything, it seems like he just sees everything as a means to an end.

25. Human Torch Registered

Yeah,I thought the same.He needs a serious costume upgrade next time.