The Flash Season 1 Episode 11- The Sound and the Fury

Discussion in 'The Flash' started by KillerMcQueen, Jan 21, 2015.

?

Rate The Episode

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SpideyVille Walking out the Desert

My bet is on Barry's dad. Joe just adds too much to the show, plus it seems Barry's end goal is to free his dad. I don't see his dad contributing much as a recurring character, but it will definitely impact Barry.

2. DarkKnightSiv Registered

Actually that will also be super cool... If that happens...Then it must be something to do with Iris as well... Iris leaving Eddie for Barry..Then Eddie finds out about Barry being The Flash... And completely pissed off.. Maybe..
    Just saying...
    And am I the only one who wants Caitlin and Barry to be in a relationship?? I guess that will be awesome...With Ronnie in the loose as well...

3. herolee10 No More Miracles

Actually, I'm definitely one of the ones that wouldn't mind seeing Barry hooking up with Caitlin, especially if Ronnie wasn't a issue later down the line.

They certainly have (at least imho) better chemistry with each other than Grant has with Candice (Iris).

4. SpideyVille Walking out the Desert

I feel like Caitlin and Barry is the Olicity of this show. They're two characters who weren't meant to be looked at romantically, but the actors end of having such great chemistry together that you kind of root for it.

5. herolee10 No More Miracles

Agreed; and i think the producers only have themselves to blame for that.

I swear, they must have this chip on their shoulder that makes me write their canon couples into awkward positions at the start of their respective shows ("Arrow" starts out with it being revealed that Oliver cheated on Laurel with her own sister....and "Flash" opens up with it being revealed that Barry is in love with his Foster Sister)

I honestly wonder if Barry and Iris even have a legitimate shot with each other on this show given on how it's pretty much 60-40 in Oliver ending up with Felicity in Arrow as opposed to BC.

6. Boy Scout Registered

Iris and Barry have a very platonic chemistry. It would be strange to watch them act romantically towards each other. Barry and Caitlyn would be a better fit, but it's not really something I'm eager to see.

I'm just disappointed that they're having Barry hook up with Linda Park. It doesn't matter, really, but I wish they had brought on Patty instead.

7. herolee10 No More Miracles

I wasn't even aware that the character of Barry Allen had other major love interests in the comics until this show started; so yeah, I do find it strange that they're hooking him up with Park when the latter is supposed to become Wally's future wife... if they go by canon.

Oh, and whoever said that Barry and Caitlin are like this show's version of Oliver and Felicity wasn't joking at all...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. DarkKnightSiv Registered

Having said everything... At the end people will like to see Barry with anyone other than Iris I guess!! Seriously Barry and Iris doesn't sink in much as a good pair...And I am not saying this as she is black.. :p :)

9. DarkKnightSiv Registered

So true...

10. Human Torch Registered

Yeah,I'm on the Caitlyn-Barry bandwagon. ("Cairry"?) At this point I'm all for "Ollicity" too. They can't seem to write the "pre-destined" romances,so might as well enjoy whatever they do well.

11. herolee10 No More Miracles

lol; even if Iris or Canon wasn't a issue, there's the whole "Killer Frost" persona that would put an end to that possibility.

12. Venomfan Registered

I can't believe they made a character known for playing a pipe gay. That's like a joke high school kids make. Like of all the characters they could have changed, they thought the piper? At least he didn't use one in the show, but I just saw that he's gay in the comics now too...

13. Daltonio Avi Arad's Sidekick

I thought it was a pretty good episode.

Pied Piper was pretty sweet as a villain and had some funny moments. Judging from that ending, we'll definitely be seeing him again soon so I'm glad it wasn't another one-off villain.

Great moments with Barry & Joe as always.

I'm loving Dr. Wells more and more every episode, he's becoming the highlight of the show for me and I'm always happy to see him on screen.

14. Daltonio Avi Arad's Sidekick

Oh god, I never noticed this. I actually wouldn't mind these two together, but I really hope this doesn't get as annoying as the Olicity stuff...

15. Hunter Rider Ronin

He's a very intriguing character and the writing and acting has brought a complexity to him that means the reveal of his true motives will be a huge moment for the show.

Given the way he was presented I wonder if his meeting with The Flash will inspire him to get a costume.

16. terry78 baby, that chicken was dry...real dry

I do think Wells is trying to prevent some kind of catastrophe, he just goes about it in a very arrogant way where he does what he needs to do since he obviously knows about some future event.

17. SpideyVille Walking out the Desert

I feel like they try to give the main hero as many obstacles as possible. I mean, look at most superhero shows and movies, and maybe even action adventure flicks. How many of them end with the hero getting the girl?

In Smallville, Clark didn't get Lana until season 2, and that was short lived. They didn't finally become a couple until season 5, and after that didn't work out, it took Clark another 3-4 seasons to finally get Lois, and there was so much trouble getting them married. In the Raimi
    Spider-Man films, Peter gets MJ at the end of the first one, gives her up and gets her at the end of the second one and loses her in the third one and gets her back by the end. Bruce never gets Rachel in the Nolan films, Superman never really got Lois in the Reeve films.

In live-action, they try to create so much drama for the hero and romance is usually one of the big issues that they turn to to create it. They always need to give them something to fight for outside of battle.

18. Casval Red Comet

I thought his suit looked pretty nice in this episode :

[​IMG]

19. herolee10 No More Miracles

Doesn't Cisco (aka future Vibe) end up having similar looking powers to this show's take of Pied Piper?

20. Cain Gentlebane

They look similar because he has powers that are based around vibrations. But the function is completely different in execution.

For one thing Vibe's powers are of the sort that he could even travel across different dimensions as they're based around inter-dimensional physics.

The way Vibe's powers are he's actually very dangerous against The Flash himself as he's capable of disrupting his connection to the speed force with his powers without having to tap into any special frequencies.

21. Hazexander Registered

I thought i was the only one to be thinkin that. He doesn't seem like a cop at all.

22. Sterling Archer Registered

I was really impressed with the episode. The villain was great, intelligent and morally grey. I thought he was well written. Pretty much all of the characters got some great character development moments, there wasn't really any cheesy or awkward line readings like there normally are and even Iris' story line wasn't annoying.

Why can't we get this show every week?

23. haephestus Registered

I really enjoyed this episode. Everything seemed to work well and all of the characters had something decent to do.

Even Iris' storyline was mildly interesting and Eddie was brought into Joe's covert investigation into Wells' background.

It was great to see a more rounded "villain", although I found the Pied Pier's motivations confusing. Initially he wants to expose Wells' role in the particle accelerator explosion which is a decent enough motivation. But, after Wells does this voluntarily by holding the press conference, the Pied Pier suddenly wants to kill The Flash to prove to Wells that he should be his "chosen one"? And The Pied Piper is also suddenly willing to kill innocent people if it means that he can kill The Flash?

Or was the removal of the Pied Piper's hearing aids part of what contributed to his suddenly psychotic behaviour? It seemed that his hearing was truly damaged by the particle accelerator explosion (although I'm guessing he wasn't at STAR labs when it exploded), but I wasn't clear whether the "noise" was contributing to his increasingly psychotic state of mind or whether it had nothing to do with it.

The Pied Piper seemed to be thinking somewhat rationally again when he was imprisoned at the end, even though at that point both hearing aids had been removed. It's only because he had such an interesting motivation in the first place that I found his sudden change to be so odd. Or maybe he was never really interested in exposing Wells' role in the explosion and he really was only interested in proving that he was better than Wells' new chosen one?

I also lost the plot when it came to the Pied Piper's attack on The Flash. What "frequency" did he steal from STAR labs? Didn't he already have the frequency for The Flash's ear piece when he piggy-backed the frequency during the confrontation at his father's company. Or was it some other "frequency" which he used against The Flash at the end? I didn't quite follow exactly what his genius plan for defeating The Flash wasn, especially when I thought that The Flash could have removed his cowl/mask if it was simply his ear piece which was hurting him. I doubt the Pied Piper would recognise a random forensic scientist.

24. HighFivingMF Welp.

He's not gay in the comics "now," he's been out for over 20 years.

25. The Shape In the shadows

The cowl is perfect.