The Flash Season 1 Episode 13 "The Nuclear Man"

Discussion in 'The Flash' started by Human Torch, Feb 3, 2015.

?

Rate The Nuclear Man

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. herolee10 No More Miracles

lol; I actually found the whole sequence of Linda being turned on by Barry's vibrating skills to be one of more risque and yet funny jokes that this show has done so far

2. terry78 baby, that chicken was dry...real dry

It was a very comic book-ish gag. And it worked.

3. Cybermaxis Registered

Firestorm's development is being done quite well. Great episode!

4. Quasimod0 Bell-Ringer

Linda was a little too forward. She didn't seem to be Barry's type of chick.
    However, I would love to see him and Caitlyn Snow get together.

5. SomeOldGuy Registered

I had fallen away from the show after the first couple episodes but figured I'd throw it on last night while waiting for Agent Carter. Excellent, excellent episode (though I've always been a sucker for Firestorm). Going to have to make it a point to tune back in.

6. BestGirl Reluctantly following Vought's orders

I didn't get the vibe that Iris was trying to ruin Barry's and Linda's chances, either. If she had been she just would've said, "Barry's a socially awkward nerd who's never had a girlfriend. You should run away from him as fast as possible if you're looking for a normal relationship."

As an aside, did anyone laugh at how hoochie Iris's outfit was? Her skirt ran halfway up her thigh and she paired it with a plunging neckline. No wonder she's not getting much respect at work.

7. TheHighlander The Only One

she is just behaving like the typical girl... not mine, not anyone's.

Rats do that.. whatever they don't eat they piss and infect.

8. terry78 baby, that chicken was dry...real dry

It was comic accurate. :o

9. Sterling Archer Registered

Anyone else find it weird Barry is dating Wally West's wife?

Still, enjoyable episode.

10. Human Torch Registered

The trouble the CW/Gotham has is by forcing "teh drama" on the 'destined' couple from the beginning, nothing can grow naturally from it. You've got to put the two together and give us a reason to root for them before introducing the conflict. It's simple writing 101.

They start with Oillie cheated with Laurel's sister and Barry's in love with his foster sister that he expresses feelings for- once she moves in with another guy. The viewer is more prone to say 'Move on.That relationship will never work.' While the lead works with Felicity or Caitlin better, 'cause they have a normal friendly/working relationship that can grow naturally beyond the 'We're destined to be together' thing.

11. Raving Tycoon Registered

Good god man! You're right! She was sooooo familiar. :wow:

#136 Raving Tycoon, Feb 11, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  12. Pokkle Registered

Please no, they will stop to be funny together and put some cw drama like Felicity.

13. kvz5 HBIC

Oh right! I totally forgot about her! :doh: My bad!

14. Mikelus Intellectualis

Exactly, they got Laurel/Oliver and Iris/Barry wrong from the start, if Berlanti came up with those ideas, the guy has issues.

The episode was pretty good thanks to the Firestorm plot, but the typical CW love triangle crap is ruining Iris character, it is completely unnecessary, it shows they don't know how to make her interesting. At least Smallville made Chloe a great character with her investigating the meteor freaks and Lionel Luthor trying to manipulate her, it was great stuff.

15. Shawn Wayne I own a large clock

Did anyone else notice how Dr. Wells, while holding the gun, touched the back of his head in the same place where Barry had plucked a bullet out of his own head in a previous episode? Wth

16. The Guard Registered

They're doing a really good job interpreting the visuals of Firestorm.

I wish they'd chosen a better actor, because I didn't buy a word he said "as Stein".

Now they need to get into the nature of his classic powers. Which I'm sure is coming, in one capacity or other.

17. haephestus Registered

Awesome episode. Can this show do no wrong?

My only minor quibbles would be the way Linda Park was written and "Ronnie".

I genuinely wanted Barry to move on from Iris, but Linda doesn't really seem like his type. Sure, he's a gorgeous, smart guy, but they've written him like he's meant to be an inexperienced geek. I'm not sure that this ... aggressive version of Linda Park is really a good fit for Barry. Then again, he spent 9 months in a coma (which no-one ever bothers mentioning) and he's now a super-hero, so I guess he could be exploring his options.

Maybe I'm just having trouble moving on from the Barry/Felicity ship. Or the somewhat unexpected, for me, Barry/Caitlin ship in the last episode.

And "Ronnie" didn't really come across like Stein. The clothes, the hair, the posture, the actions, etc. It didn't really seem like a 50+ year old man in a 20 year old body. Still, the SFX for Firestorm were great.

18. The Batman The Dark Knight

This.

After seeing Season 3 of Arrow, I'm very weary of them doing anything romantic with Barry and Caitlin. Its my preferred ship, but I'd rather imagine it than watch it play out and potentially disappoint.

19. Loki882 Registered

The problem with Olicity, at least this season, is that they're focusing on it so damn much (while also throwing Ray Palmer into the mix) yet they clearly still don't want to commit to it. If they'd just nut up and either have them get together, or close that door completely, then things would probably be a lot less annoying.

20. herolee10 No More Miracles

The problem is that a lot of writers seem to have the mentality that once a favored pairing actually make it to the point of committing to each other on-screen, then they automatically go scale afterwards.

However, in my personal opinion, I think that's a very flawed logic for any writer to have. Granted, I'm not saying that a pairing should suddenly be on their "honeymoon" phase for the rest of the series (or during their entire time together) but there are several ways to bring up challenges to the relationship without actually regressing it to the "will they, won't they?" game that ultimately devalues the entire pairing in the long run.

And personally, I kind of wish that the producers would have switched the casting in the actresses that are playing Iris and Caitlin since I think Danielle could play a better Iris (especially with better writing involved) and that the actress currently playing Iris could play a better Killer Frost.

21. Boy Scout Registered

What they said.

22. Kar Registered

Nah I definitely noticed that. I'm thinking Wells is the future version of Barry from a dark timeline. I'm willing to bet he went back in time and killed his mom or something to help put his past self in the right track? I dunno

But man is this show entertaining. I finally caught up. Now I'm just waiting on Grodd.

23. Paradox1 Registered

That is a good catch

24. Vartha Mod of Thunder

Watched this this morning and PLOTZED!!! I can't WAIT to see Firestorm all suited up!

25. Daltonio Avi Arad's Sidekick

Great episode.

The special effects for Firestorm were actually a lot better than I was expecting.

Really liking Malese Jow's performance of Linda, I really hope she sticks around for awhile.

Next week is going to be simply awesome, I can't wait to see more of the time travel aspect.