The Flash The Flash Season 1 Episode 13 "The Nuclear Man"

lol; I actually found the whole sequence of Linda being turned on by Barry's vibrating skills to be one of more risque and yet funny jokes that this show has done so far

It was a very comic book-ish gag. And it worked.

Linda was a little too forward. She didn't seem to be Barry's type of chick.
However, I would love to see him and Caitlyn Snow get together.

I had fallen away from the show after the first couple episodes but figured I'd throw it on last night while waiting for Agent Carter. Excellent, excellent episode (though I've always been a sucker for Firestorm). Going to have to make it a point to tune back in.

There's a number of things involved in the recent Iris/Barry/Linda storyline:
Barry told Iris how he felt after she was in a relationship with Eddie and moving in with him. She herself never really showed feelings for him before that because for all we know she assumed it was ridiculous because they're like family.
-Barry's turn around into dating was relatively quick. Hence her surprise. Why wouldn't she be at first? She's a human who is close to this person.
-Now Barry's dating Linda. Nothing wrong with that. We don't really expect it to last in the long run just as we don't expect Barry and Iris to get together this early. Things play out. But again, her reactions have been quite normal. Her unintentional hindering of Barry and Linda was purely based on Linda hearing that Barry was recently infatuated with someone and that person not feeling the same way. And she should "give him time" Her words. That doesn't mean stop seeing him. It means take your time to me. Linda didn't see it that way and thinking it wasn't worth her time, called it off.
-Barry gets angry at Iris for supposedly ruining his chances...despite what she said being ultimately harmless...and as the viewers we're led to agree as he's the hero and she doesn't really defend herself much.
-Instead of them allowing Iris to speak to Linda and reassure her of Barry, we get a scene of Barry fixing it with the pepper while Iris looks on "wistfully".

Objectively speaking they should've either not had Iris "be the cause" of their initial ending of things which I think is flimsy to argue personally, or at least allowed her the rescue by speaking to Linda. This would fix things in Barry's eyes, allowed Barry to keep dating Linda and shown that Iris cares enough about his happiness for their future romance.

But again, I find the faulting of Iris here and the previous episode for some overt jealousy and selfishness to be pretty much garbage. I'm clearly in the minority though.
But whatcha gonna do. I also never had a problem with Laurel so...*shrug*

I didn't get the vibe that Iris was trying to ruin Barry's and Linda's chances, either. If she had been she just would've said, "Barry's a socially awkward nerd who's never had a girlfriend. You should run away from him as fast as possible if you're looking for a normal relationship."

As an aside, did anyone laugh at how hoochie Iris's outfit was? Her skirt ran halfway up her thigh and she paired it with a plunging neckline. No wonder she's not getting much respect at work.

she is just behaving like the typical girl... not mine, not anyone's.

Rats do that.. whatever they don't eat they piss and infect.

It was comic accurate. :o

Anyone else find it weird Barry is dating Wally West's wife?

Still, enjoyable episode.

It's amazing that the writers have, unintentionally, created THREE other women who have more romantic chemistry than Iris (his "destined" love) and whom I buy him dating more than her. And it's even more extraordinary because they unintentionally did the same thing on Arrow as well.

The trouble the CW/Gotham has is by forcing "teh drama" on the 'destined' couple from the beginning, nothing can grow naturally from it. You've got to put the two together and give us a reason to root for them before introducing the conflict. It's simple writing 101.

They start with Oillie cheated with Laurel's sister and Barry's in love with his foster sister that he expresses feelings for- once she moves in with another guy. The viewer is more prone to say 'Move on.That relationship will never work.' While the lead works with Felicity or Caitlin better, 'cause they have a normal friendly/working relationship that can grow naturally beyond the 'We're destined to be together' thing.

Linda was a little too forward. She didn't seem to be Barry's type of chick.
However, I would love to see him and Caitlyn Snow get together.
Please no, they will stop to be funny together and put some cw drama like Felicity.

The trouble the CW/Gotham has is by forcing "teh drama" on the 'destined' couple from the beginning, nothing can grow naturally from it. You've got to put the two together and give us a reason to root for them before introducing the conflict. It's simple writing 101.

They start with Oillie cheated with Laurel's sister and Barry's in love with his foster sister that he expresses feelings for- once she moves in with another guy. The viewer is more prone to say 'Move on.That relationship will never work.' While the lead works with Felicity or Caitlin better, 'cause they have a normal friendly/working relationship that can grow naturally beyond the 'We're destined to be together' thing.

Exactly, they got Laurel/Oliver and Iris/Barry wrong from the start, if Berlanti came up with those ideas, the guy has issues.

The episode was pretty good thanks to the Firestorm plot, but the typical CW love triangle crap is ruining Iris character, it is completely unnecessary, it shows they don't know how to make her interesting. At least Smallville made Chloe a great character with her investigating the meteor freaks and Lionel Luthor trying to manipulate her, it was great stuff.

Did anyone else notice how Dr. Wells, while holding the gun, touched the back of his head in the same place where Barry had plucked a bullet out of his own head in a previous episode? Wth

They're doing a really good job interpreting the visuals of Firestorm.

I wish they'd chosen a better actor, because I didn't buy a word he said "as Stein".

Now they need to get into the nature of his classic powers. Which I'm sure is coming, in one capacity or other.

Awesome episode. Can this show do no wrong?

My only minor quibbles would be the way Linda Park was written and "Ronnie".

I genuinely wanted Barry to move on from Iris, but Linda doesn't really seem like his type. Sure, he's a gorgeous, smart guy, but they've written him like he's meant to be an inexperienced geek. I'm not sure that this ... aggressive version of Linda Park is really a good fit for Barry. Then again, he spent 9 months in a coma (which no-one ever bothers mentioning) and he's now a super-hero, so I guess he could be exploring his options.

Maybe I'm just having trouble moving on from the Barry/Felicity ship. Or the somewhat unexpected, for me, Barry/Caitlin ship in the last episode.

And "Ronnie" didn't really come across like Stein. The clothes, the hair, the posture, the actions, etc. It didn't really seem like a 50+ year old man in a 20 year old body. Still, the SFX for Firestorm were great.

Please no, they will stop to be funny together and put some cw drama like Felicity.

This.

After seeing Season 3 of Arrow, I'm very weary of them doing anything romantic with Barry and Caitlin. Its my preferred ship, but I'd rather imagine it than watch it play out and potentially disappoint.

The problem with Olicity, at least this season, is that they're focusing on it so damn much (while also throwing Ray Palmer into the mix) yet they clearly still don't want to commit to it. If they'd just nut up and either have them get together, or close that door completely, then things would probably be a lot less annoying.

The problem is that a lot of writers seem to have the mentality that once a favored pairing actually make it to the point of committing to each other on-screen, then they automatically go scale afterwards.

However, in my personal opinion, I think that's a very flawed logic for any writer to have. Granted, I'm not saying that a pairing should suddenly be on their "honeymoon" phase for the rest of the series (or during their entire time together) but there are several ways to bring up challenges to the relationship without actually regressing it to the "will they, won't they?" game that ultimately devalues the entire pairing in the long run.

And personally, I kind of wish that the producers would have switched the casting in the actresses that are playing Iris and Caitlin since I think Danielle could play a better Iris (especially with better writing involved) and that the actress currently playing Iris could play a better Killer Frost.

This.

After seeing Season 3 of Arrow, I'm very weary of them doing anything romantic with Barry and Caitlin. Its my preferred ship, but I'd rather imagine it than watch it play out and potentially disappoint.

The problem with Olicity, at least this season, is that they're focusing on it so damn much (while also throwing Ray Palmer into the mix) yet they clearly still don't want to commit to it. If they'd just nut up and either have them get together, or close that door completely, then things would probably be a lot less annoying.

What they said.

Did anyone else notice how Dr. Wells, while holding the gun, touched the back of his head in the same place where Barry had plucked a bullet out of his own head in a previous episode? Wth

Nah I definitely noticed that. I'm thinking Wells is the future version of Barry from a dark timeline. I'm willing to bet he went back in time and killed his mom or something to help put his past self in the right track? I dunno

But man is this show entertaining. I finally caught up. Now I'm just waiting on Grodd.

That is a good catch

Watched this this morning and PLOTZED!!! I can't WAIT to see Firestorm all suited up!

Great episode.

The special effects for Firestorm were actually a lot better than I was expecting.

Really liking Malese Jow's performance of Linda, I really hope she sticks around for awhile.

Next week is going to be simply awesome, I can't wait to see more of the time travel aspect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"