The Flash The Flash Season 1 Episode 11- The Sound and the Fury

I can't believe they made a character known for playing a pipe gay. That's like a joke high school kids make. Like of all the characters they could have changed, they thought the piper? At least he didn't use one in the show, but I just saw that he's gay in the comics now too...

Weight I am confused is the guy gay in the show or in real life or both? I have heard a say this thing about being gay but if I didn't come on hear I would never know that. When was it said or even inplied that he is gay?

Weight I am confused is the guy gay in the show or in real life or both? I have heard a say this thing about being gay but if I didn't come on hear I would never know that. When was it said or even inplied that he is gay?

They said rather early in the episode that Hartley was denied his inheritance after he came out to his parents. And his wisecrack about being scooped up by a guy in head to toe leather after Flash brought him to STAR labs.

I can't believe they made a character known for playing a pipe gay. That's like a joke high school kids make. Like of all the characters they could have changed, they thought the piper? At least he didn't use one in the show, but I just saw that he's gay in the comics now too...

Piper being gay isn't a new thing, he's been gay for decades.

The cowl looked really, really good in this episode! All my friends commented on it. Gustin looked just great in the suit.

He's not gay in the comics "now," he's been out for over 20 years.
well the point was that they made a character gay who already had a name that lends itself to gay jokes, which seems kind of tasteless (unless no one else grew up with kids making jokes about playing the pipe). It reminds me of all the black characters who have "black" as part of their super hero name

Maybe it's because I am not as childish, but I didn't think anything of it at all.

Was just busting chops myself.

Wow, what a strong episode! That warm ending with the picture reveal and Barry's moment with Joe had my eyes watering. Pied Piper was quite the badass, I loved him and can't wait to see him team up with Captain Cold. How is the Flash going to survive those two masterminds?

Seems like Wells has artifically tapped into the Speed Force, but it isn't actually his(yet?). Is that canon in the comics?

In the comic books Reverse Flash ends up creating his own speed force analogue (the negative speed force) thanks to his leeching off the speed force.

A third fantastic episode in a row for The Flash, it's passed Arrow as my favorite comic TV show.

I know I'm probably alone on this one,but the Barry & Joe "bro scene" this week,felt kinda forced. It's like they said "fan's like 'em,so let's throw another one in." It just felt tacked on and unneeded this time.IMO.

I know I'm probably alone on this one,but the Barry & Joe "bro scene" this week,felt kinda forced. It's like they said "fan's like 'em,so let's throw another one in." It just felt tacked on and unneeded this time.IMO.
I felt that way about the one this week as well, yeah. Really good episode though. I liked it a lot better than last week's super cheese. lol

The cowl looked really, really good in this episode! All my friends commented on it. Gustin looked just great in the suit.
Yep. I liked how he was lit in this scene.

KmxGrDV.jpg

Meh, you can't win em all. The prior "bro" scene with them sharing a brew was just awesome. There relationship is one of the best parts of the show imo. I felt the Iris storyline was unnecessary in the grand scheme of things. Her entire character only exists at this point as a potential love interest for Barry once Eddie is revealed as a Reverse-Flash (Yes, A Reverse-Flash, I believe there are atleast 2). she is kind of boring most of the time and doesn't add anything at all ever, aside from looking good.

Ep.11 Review:
https://otlnews.wordpress.com/2015/01/27/the-flash-review-s1-ep-11-the-sound-and-the-fury/

Excellent episode. Piper and Wells were both played great and Piper also turned out to be one of the best villains the show has had so far. I'm excited by the fact that Det. West is now looking up Wells, hope he finds something soon, it'll make the story really interesting. Also, watching Wells speed away from the shattering glass was badass!

They said rather early in the episode that Hartley was denied his inheritance after he came out to his parents. And his wisecrack about being scooped up by a guy in head to toe leather after Flash brought him to STAR labs.

Oh I guess I some how missed that lol.

I felt that way about the one this week as well, yeah. Really good episode though. I liked it a lot better than last week's super cheese. lol

I thought the scene was organic to the episode. Barry had seen Cisco feeling 2nd best, or not good enough in Wells' eyes. I thought it was cool that Barry wondered if he ever made Joe that way.

Great episode period.

Back on form after a bit of a dip for me last episode, this was great stuff, loving all of the stuff with Wells, and Pied Piper was a really good villain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"