The Flash The Flash Season 2 Episode 4: "The Fury of Firestorm"

Good episode with the exception of Iris's drama, which was so boring. Hopefully this is the last we've seen of Francine. The only good part about it is that Iris now gets to keep a secret from Joe. Henry Hewitt was appropriately dickish so I'm glad he survived and may return to be dickish again. Stein was never more than okay for me so I'm pleased that he's leaving and being replaced by Dr. Wells. E2 Wells may not be evil but I get the vibe he's not entirely good either so that'll be interesting. King Shark, of course, was the best part of the episode. CW, increase The Flash's budget so we can have a whole episode devoted to him!

In fact, I disagree with you about Iris' Drama. I was, at first, like "whatever-fake-drama-queen", but in the end 2 things sold it for me :
First, Jesse L. Martin completely moved me. It's not the first time the actormakes it so, that I feel touched or scared or moved. He's actually the only actor of the show that touched me on a regular basis.
Second, I thought they would play the whole "you left me, I'm angry at you but now that you are dying I forgive you everything" situation between Iris and Francine, and they actually didn't ! Iris was, for once, opinionated, and acting like a real person, avoiding the fakereunion thing by rejecting francine not once but twice. That was surprising and well done.

Yeah, of course the King Shark thing was neat also ! :)

I know. At the very least, if I was an E1 villain, I think I would commit crimes in any city OTHER than the one with a super powered heroic protector.

As for the E2 villains, I still don't understand their motivation. It seems as though Zoom is forcing them through the portal and refusing to return them to E2 unless they kill Barry. But, wouldn't most E2 villains be happy causing trouble and running amok on any Earth? Why are they motivated to return to E2?
It reminds me of Eabord last season. I didn't really understand his motivation either. The writers put a lot of stock in supervillains wanting to go home.

God bless you! God bless your family and everyone else in your life!

The reveal of Wally West was expected, but I was disappointed how it all went down. And, as noted, I'm disappointed that Iris is keeping his existence a secret from Joe, especially since she's just suffered through Joe's own long overdue reveal of his lie about her mother's death.
Iris agreed with her father in that decision with that situation.

God bless you! God bless your family and everyone else in your life!

But I just think this season has too much melodrama and cheap explanations for why some actors or actresses can or can't stick around. I could see the terminal disease plot for Iris' mother come from miles away. Is that any helpful? No, it's just some lame crybaby way to try and throw a pity party.

I hated the way Iris acted towards her mother also. What a jerk. Is that the message you wanna send to girls looking up to Iris? Not that I agree with a mother leaving her daughter, not at all.

Anyways, that, and Barry's dad's departure during his homecoming party right after his son freed him. Feels too obvious that the producers can't keep everyone on a payroll, and they got to find some cheap ass way to justify some unnecessarily heavy plot twists.

Overall, a weak start for the Flash.

I feel the same, they're forcing the drama too much, with Henry just saying he was going to travel a bit or Francine telling the whole truth to Joe from the start it would've been better, there's enough drama with her dying and the son reveal. Also, Zoom's freak-trying-to-kill-Barry-each-week got old already, is just lazy, specially when the freaks are dull. Once again, Wells is the most intriguing character, but they have to be careful to not repeat the same formula of is he good or bad, and start developing Zoom to make him more of a presence like they're doing with Damien Darhk.

I REALLY didn't like what they did with Caitlin here. They made her really mean-spirited. First of all, I don't buy that she'd be so arrogant and superficial as to automatically assume that, just because the one guy was a scientist, that he'd instantly be a better choice. And they way that she expresses it is just, really mean. I wasn't a fan of that at all.

First, Jesse L. Martin completely moved me. It's not the first time the actormakes it so, that I feel touched or scared or moved. He's actually the only actor of the show that touched me on a regular basis.

I totally agree with you on this one.

Really been a fan of this guy since he was on Ally McBeal. I think he's the best actor on The Flash, period. He brings lots of layers to the character and his relationships with others : humor, fun, deepness, understanding, fatherly advices, and so on. He definitely should get a hot mama for himself, like Couslon is getting on AoS this season !

Overall, Jesse L Martin is just a class act. :yay:

BossLogic Inc art of KING SHARK!!!!
12191623_10153024809621923_4338259039693276836_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/BossLogicI...1446580424./10153024809621923/?type=3&theater

Best episode of the season so far for me, this felt more like the first season. The new Firestorm was great, the character really has been a highlight of this show since it started. And the bad guy wasn't another Zoom freak thankfully, it's one the team created themselves which was a nice change.

And of course then there was the ending, King Shark was amazing and the CGI was easily movie level, great stuff, and of course Wells back in the fold. Season see,s to be finding its footing now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"