The Flash The Flash Season 2 Episode 9: "Running to Stand Still"

Looking at some of the opinions that scene with Mardon floating spawned, I wonder how it would be received if the number of Flash viewers were at least 10 times bigger than it is now.

Mardon can bring down hail and lightning. As far as I am concerned HE IS A GUN. Wells takes a step? "Kill, kill, kill!". Guy that can toss lightning? "Eh, I am gonna take my time."

I guess that's fair. They could have done that scene a bit better.

This was actually my favorite episode of the season so far. It had lots of heart, fun action, cheesy but threatening villains, and plenty of story development.

This was actually my favorite episode of the season so far. It had lots of heart, fun action, cheesy but threatening villains, and plenty of story development.

Same, I wasn't expecting any more than a fun christmas episode with some good character moments, and this episode did that perfectly for me, felt very much like the comics with the Rogues arguing and threatening to kill each other, Barry running on the helicopter blades, spinning his arms to propel himself into the air (really hope we see that again next time he finds himself falling hundreds of feet). Really fun episode.

You know, I just realized....shouldn't Patty have realized that Jay was the Flash upon seeing him at Joe's Christmas party? Unlike Barry, Jay doesn't wear a mask for his Flash outfit and she was conscious to see him in this Season's second episode.

You know, I just realized....shouldn't Patty have realized that Jay was the Flash upon seeing him at Joe's Christmas party? Unlike Barry, Jay doesn't wear a mask for his Flash outfit and she was conscious to see him in this Season's second episode.

Wait, what? Another example of the writers not giving a crap? Noooooo...

Did he call himself the Flash then? He didn't have any powers, so he was essentially just another dude there helping The Flash who happened to have an odd fashion sense.

Probably being held off because of the movie. Just like i'm sure the Wally West introduction is also a contingency plan if Warner Brothers/DC tries to pull there usual "he's in the movies, he can't be on TV" with Barry.

Gotham is using Bruce Wayne and Alfred and those two are in the movies.

Did he call himself the Flash then? He didn't have any powers, so he was essentially just another dude there helping The Flash who happened to have an odd fashion sense.

He certainly presented himself as the Flash, with the Sand Demon acknowledging him as such. Plus, when Patty called for the "Flash" after waking up on the ground, Jay responded to her with Barry.

For a mid season finale it lacked a punch, last years was unbelievably good and I guess they didn't want to do a Zoom reveal same as they did a Reverse Flash reveal last season so I can't blame them for not doing that. However, the episode needed a moment like that IMO, I think it lacked it. Still it was a good episode and it would have made a fine normal episode. Still give it an 8/10.

I think Wally might get his powers by episode 17 of this season, then Jay gets his powers back.

I've thought that, I reckon Zoom will create another partlicle accelator blast so he can steal speed from other metas.

Solid episode. Gave it a 10 because it pulled off a midseason finale perfectly. Nice setup for the return next week. I can't wait.

The Wally West arrival was very well done.

Does anyone know where I can watch episode 9 of this season? For some reason it's available nowhere right now (Hulu, my cable service and the CW site all don't have it). Same with Arrow S4 E9.

It wasn't magnets. Magnets were just an analogy.

I'm not sure why people are still confused. They also clearly explained it in the episode. The answer was made up barely pseudo science so I can see people thinking the answer was dumb. But I don't know why people are just confused. I heard the answer, I got the gist of it, I realized I didn't care because it didn't make any sense, and I moved on.

Essentially, it locked the signal from the bomb (or something like that, could have been the molecular structure of the bomb itself) to the portal, which caused the portal to suck them in.

As I've just seen this episode yesterday I'm sorry for picking this up that late.
I got it how it should be meant to work and the explanation really was enough to get the point.
But the thing I was really asking myself was: Does every thing of the same molecular structure would be sucked in, if one thing of them enters a portal?
As there should be at least very small differences in all those bomb gifts I wonder how they want to explain how a person can enter a portal without sucking the whole mankind into it, too.
If they would tell that there are too many differences in molecular structure between all people, at least the Earth1/2 counterparts should be sucked in, too. Because they really are identical as said by Wells.

Or could that be a hint why the man sitting in Zoom's prison is wearing an iron helmet? To prevent being sucked into the the portal, too, everytime Zoom visits Earth1?

Or do you think it's better to not follow that pseudo-scientifical explanation and what that would mean to other things with the same molecular structure (because it should only serve as quick explanation for the bombs)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"