The Flash The Flash Season 2 Episode 12: "Fast Lane"

Liked the episode. It's a great setup for 2x13. I like Wally more and more.

The promo at the end really made me pumped up for the journey to Earth 2. This is gonna feel so much like Back to the Future Part 2.

Yeah, this was really great episode. I like the direction they are going with Harrison Wells.

I loved that he came forward with what he did.

I liked the ep, there was good progression with the West family and hopefully this will continue with Wally becoming more likable and less sullen. Don't know why anyone would have a problem with Iris, I thought she was great in this ep, strong, take charge, smart and compassionate, she give Joe and Wally the elbow and support they needed at the same time.

I also liked Barry and Wells working together. The surprising turn by Harry, outing himself to the team, was a pleasant surprise, I think it was a good move to not have his betrayal linger and fully cement a bond with him and Team Flash.

I don't know what that was Caitlin was wearing for half the ep but there were a couple of fun scenes with her and Cisco. :woot:

Tar-pit was a C list villain but I did like the SFX work on him, some of the scenes reminded me of Clayface and his first morph was a nice nod to the T-1000.

Off to Earth 2! :wowe:

I certainly liked this episode more than the last one.

This Episode was solid for the most part. But man, I goddamn hate Barry barely being able to do anything on his own. Did he seriously ask how to take down a guy made of hot tar?

I think if you watch this show then you just have to accept them dumbing down Barry to give villains a chance and give his supporting gang something to do.

The formula on this show is to have the villains defeat or hurt Barry on their first encounter with him. Barry's S.T.A.R Labs buddies come up with a solution and then Barry wins.

This Episode was solid for the most part. But man, I goddamn hate Barry barely being able to do anything on his own. Did he seriously ask how to take down a guy made of hot tar?
Yep, unfortunately.

This episode was a mix of hits and miss, kinda reminiscent of Smallville season 1 meteor Freak with Tarpit, The visual comic book appearance of Tarpit's character design was very close to Batman: The Animated Series design of Clayface.

Iris was annoying in this episode

Joe didn't seem like himself

Wally still feels undeveloped

Now unto the good
Wells & Barry
Cisco
Zoom
Visual effects
Tease for Earth II

Fun episode.
Tar pit looked awesome. :D
safe_image.php

:atp:

Don't know if it was on purpose, but Barry choosing to not "close the breaches and forgetting about Earth-2" reminds me of the Syrian Refugee Crisis. Either way, good on Barry.

You have a strange understanding of the Syrian Refugee Crisis.

Did they reveal that Wally was no longer racing to pay for the medical bills in a previous episode?

I like Barry being the "heart" to the team and giving that speech about Harry, that stuff needs to happen more often.

Tar Pit, King Shark and Gorilla Grodd need to do a "shattering the budget" teamup episode. :o

^No, but Francine died in a previous episode.

Harrison Wells was definitely the star of this episode. He puts the 'Hero' into "Heroic *******".

Barry takes second for the epilogue, where he shows why he's the moral center of the Earth-CW.

Zoom gets runner-up for continuing to be Holy **** Terrifying every second he's on screen.

I think Francine died between episodes, not during the last one. At least, the last thing I remember was them saying goodbye to her in E11, but it never actually said she died then...right? I mean, it's not wrong to happen between episodes, and actually makes sense. I just want to make sure I didn't miss anything last week.

:facepalm: Yeah that'd do it. Thanks, can't believe I forgot about that.
your not the only one on the web or out side of it that didn't notice she pasted away or forgot she did sadly. may be they should have showed it withthe two inthe room. but all they wanted to show was that he was racing and he had issues about when his mother told him about Joe and iris. cause he said he did ask if he had a dada all before recently.

they show case iris have her heart to heart with her mother prior to when Iris confronted wally and he said that. later she made him go see her with the two of them in that garage.

well what's done is done . it's sort of a missed opportunity. any way it happened

Last edited:
This was a good episode. The effects were great for the most part and they moved in some direction with the overall arc which was getting stale. No major problems for me.

I think Francine died between episodes, not during the last one. At least, the last thing I remember was them saying goodbye to her in E11, but it never actually said she died then...right? I mean, it's not wrong to happen between episodes, and actually makes sense. I just want to make sure I didn't miss anything last week.
Yeah, like many important plot points in the CW shows, it happened off screen.

Episode 11 ends with Wally and Iris going to see her, while Episode 12 begins with her already dead.

I thought this was a great episode. I loved how it showed Wells' inner dilemma with the situation and how Barry stood up for him at the end. Earth 2 should be fun next week!

Anyone else find Wells' reaction to closing the breach hilarious? "Yeah, I guess that was pretty cool." His delivery was perfect.

Tarpit created by Geoff Johns and Scott Kolins, FLASH #174(2nd Vol.).

Like the look of Tarpit Both as the guy and the monster he turn himself into.

I thought it was a dumb move by Iris to confront the Guy who runs the Drag Racing events.
I chuckle at Wally reaction to Iris wearing the sexy outfit.

Nice scenes between Barry and Harry.
Glad they didn't drag Harry stealing Flash speed plot too long.

Looking forward to the trip to Earth-2 and to Earth-Supergirl.

Yeah, like many important plot points in the CW shows, it happened off screen.

Episode 11 ends with Wally and Iris going to see her, while Episode 12 begins with her already dead.

To be fair, what would adding that extra death scene achieve other than to hit inattentive viewers over the head with her death? They showed her and Iris reconciling, and Wally getting closure. They further established in Episode 11 that she was dying and in her last days. So, to start Episode 12 a few days later and with her already dead, seemed perfectly natural to me. Plus, I feel the episode's pacing benefited from it as well.

This episode was really good and a great setup for tomorrow's. Lots of good stuff between Wells and Barry. Wells coming clean really shows the difference between Eobard Wells and Earth-2 Wells. Iris giving Joe some dad advice on Wally worked well for me. He shouldn't be treating Wally with kid gloves, and they sold his side of the fear that being a real parent could push Wally away.

The only real thing that bothered me was Barry giving the West family their space to deal with Wally. Barry is Joe's son too dammit!

I have the big feeling that this season is not going as fast as the first one.Everything is so slow. So slow. The Francine-is-dead-thing bores mewally-thing bores me, the Jay-is-sick-thing bores me. Not enough Barry running and, I think, not enough Zoom to actually being interested in him.
I remember being very interested by the reverse-Flash and the mystery around him and also how he seemed superior to Barry. Here, Zoom, we don't see him, almost never, and this is too bad because the black-flash could be really cool.
I just have the impression they are slowing things down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"