The Flash The Flash season 3 episode 5 - "Monster"

Regarding Caitlin, I think she'd make a great Ice:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_(comics)

Not the same character as Killer Frost but still an ice-based female DC character, and she's a hero rather than a villain.

I like that idea. Nothing says she has to become Killer Frost. Or even just Frost. It would be great if that after she 'comes out' she chooses her own name, with nothing to do with KF.

This was another solid episode that advanced some important storylines even though it lacked the "wow" factor. I initially thought the monster might be Validus, but the hologram twist and its effect on the Barry-Julian dynamic was well-crafted.

Completely agree. I've been seeing comments all over about how this season hasn't been that good and I don't get it. I think it's starting out much stronger than season 2 did. And I really liked season 2.

Yeah more exciting then season 2 was and fells less predictable. Nothing has pissed me off yet either. The way Barrys dad left the show last year after getting out of jail was bad and the way they wrote Barrys cop GF of was bad 2. Both of those things where worse then any thing done in season 1. I still think season 1 is the best but I think so far this season fells much close to season 1 in quiliet then season 2 did.

Not the same character as Killer Frost but still an ice-based female DC character, and she's a hero rather than a villain.

I like that idea. Nothing says she has to become Killer Frost. Or even just Frost. It would be great if that after she 'comes out' she chooses her own name, with nothing to do with KF.

hmm I'd rather she have an original name too her self that'
not linked to others created prior to her in the books she already has villain that two other characters created before her have and ice was called ice maiden which the very first killer frost had too.

and truth be told I wanted Caitlin to be ice's teacher when they make the Center for Paranormal Studies

for those meta's that don't want to be criminals. I really want to see the other side to locking criminal meta's and throw away the key and fire and ice as student of caitlin is good idea.

I like Frost bite as caitlin's hero name cause un like any other characters made before Caitlin that's dc hasn't used in any of it's creations and it's original it's not a borrowed name or more to it's not a stolen name cause the show runner's want to be lazy like how don't want deal with how star labs is still making money paying those electric bills. when the animated series writers are smart enough to tell that in a half hour show superman series . and that really bad bot that and anime series of japan can do that and the life action writers can't be bothered.

and seeing now that wild storm universe has become it's own universe again she should have that name Frost bite as hero . seriously I hope wild storm stays separated from dc and fully become it's own property again or they give it to marvel. wild storm fits better there if it can't be it's own thing.

Last edited:

I'm a pretty big comic book purist and I would have no problem with Killer Frost and Ice being doppelgangers! Thats a good idea, they could have another Kaitlin doppelganger from another earth be Fire

The only highlight in this episode for me was Tom felton's presence. I remember thinking his acting was bad back in the Harry Potter day, but right now, I think his acting's clearly superior to the rest of the cast, especially G.Gustin.

The only highlight in this episode for me was Tom felton's presence. I remember thinking his acting was bad back in the Harry Potter day, but right now, I think his acting's clearly superior to the rest of the cast, especially G.Gustin.

Felton did some really fine stuff. I don't think it's better than what Gustin or Martin deliver regularly but it's far better than most of this cast, excluding Tom C., Gustin and Martin.

All in all though... Yeah not enjoying this season AT ALL. The general mediocre writing the show has struggled with is on full display since the start of the season.

Felton did some really fine stuff. I don't think it's better than what Gustin or Martin deliver regularly but it's far better than most of this cast, excluding Tom C., Gustin and Martin.

All in all though... Yeah not enjoying this season AT ALL. The general mediocre writing the show has struggled with is on full display since the start of the season.
I concur that MArtin is always very good and through him, I feel a lot of emotions, he makes everything believable. But I disagree with you about G.Gustin. Acting the averga teen is fine but playing more adult thing is beyond him. Haven't you noticed the way he make the "serious voice" making the throat go like a grasshopper ? Although he was way better, or so I thought, when Kevin Smith directed him in one episode. Actors also depend on the director.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"