The Flash The Flash Season 4 Episode 1: "The Flash Reborn"

Nice solid start to the season. Grant Gustin's acting was great when he was acting as the crazy, brain-addled Barry Allen who just emerged from the Speed Force. I liked seeing Iris taking charge of the team, Caitlin returning to the group, and Joe giving us some good emotional scenes. Also, the Thinker looks excellent, and he should be an intriguing main villain for the season.

get used to it.it's not going to change.show will remain more about iris.barry is li and hook to get people to watch.
It's not just Barry either. From the infuriating way Iris treats Wally, it'd still be The Iris Show if he became Flash.

My 7 year old just rewatched it. I understand the criticisms but it was fun. I thought the thinker was Metron and I let out a whoop when they showed him.

Caitlin is sexy. Glad to see she is kind- hearted Caitlin again but can change to sexy Frost too. But she seems like the Hulk now. Or maybe she'll be like She-Hulk and will be able to control the change at will and Killer Frost won't be such a killer but just sassy and mischievous and more outspoken.

Who is Locutus at the end of the episode?

Caitlin is sexy. Glad to see she is kind- hearted Caitlin again but can change to sexy Frost too. But she seems like the Hulk now. Or maybe she'll be like She-Hulk and will be able to control the change at will and Killer Frost won't be such a killer but just sassy and mischievous and more outspoken.

Who is Locutus at the end of the episode?

That was the Thinker, this season's big bad

So, any speculation on what the Thinker's powers and origin will be? Are his abilities limited to superhuman intelligence or does he also possess telekinesis and telepathy? Is he meta who got powers from the accelerator, or did he enhance his own mind by himself? Thoughts?

I liked Gustin in this one. Iris dragged it down. I'm fine with the forced goofy tone they are pushing to undo the damage of last season. But I don't think they realize why last season was so hated. It has nothing to do with it being 'dark'. It has everything to do with the writing being silly. Hopefully they don't go as 'goofy' as Legends of Tomorrow.

Solid premiere. Glad they're not hiding the main villain like the previous seasons.

I thought it was a solid start to the season hoping that this show can rebound and be more like season 1 then 2 or 3 but it is to early to really say how this show is going to go this year. Hopefully Tom will be back soon has I always miss when he is not around.

Is this show still written where the angst and love problems of the main characters is the priority focus of the show, and everything else a side plot?

Is this show still written where the angst and love problems of the main characters is the priority focus of the show, and everything else a side plot?

No. They've dispensed with the side plot now. :o

BTW I liked the Incredible Hulk TV series reference from Caitlin at the end.

Last edited:
"Don't make me frosty. You won't like me when I'm frosty" :yay:

The scenes with the OG Team Flash, Cisco, Caitlin and Barry were amazing. Grant's acting was excellent. Iris needs to die, she even more utterly useless. Killer Frost scenes were the more interesting ones. The Hulk references were cool. I didn't hate it as much as I thought.

So in the speed force Barry would have been experiencing all of time at once. It was pretty clear the gibberish he was speaking as a result were all references to moments, past (he looked at joe and talked about the yellow man as if his mom had just died) and future. Did anyone catch any awesome hints at what's to come? Do we think they actually dropped references to this season?

So in the speed force Barry would have been experiencing all of time at once. It was pretty clear the gibberish he was speaking as a result were all references to moments, past (he looked at joe and talked about the yellow man as if his mom had just died) and future. Did anyone catch any awesome hints at what's to come? Do we think they actually dropped references to this season?

That's a good point actually, It'll be cool if any of Barry's seeming gibberish ends up being hints at what's coming next.

Iris came across as overbearing and trying way too hard in her attempts at leadership, which was not a good look for her. Kind of a polar opposite to Sara Lance taking over leadership of the Waverider and becoming the 'cool mom' to Rips 'disapproving of whatever you do dad.'

I think Barry's mumbling things like "them needing more diapers" and his whole "this house is *Beep*" was possibly referring to when Barry and Iris end up having twins someday like they did in the comics and perhaps moving into a bigger home to start their new family.

This episode felt like the producers saying, " We heard you and are resetting the tone and story points to what you like." Like the new outfit and like the fact the team is reunited and back to work. Felt good and made me look forward to the next one.

I'm glad Barry is back, as I'm a fan of Gustin, but I feel like it's way too soon. Maybe he could have temporarily appeared and then gone back to the speed force, with them not finding a solution until ep 3 or 4 - or maybe he could have appeared as a speed force ghost, and then become solid after 3 or 4 episodes.

I just feel like the problem was resolved too easily.

Just like with Flashpoint, Reborn was done to quickly. They like to waste good storylines.

I had a feeling the DCTV is holding back because of the movie. Maybe they will right some wrongs as soon as DCEU releases their version of Flashpoint.

As expected the speed force thing lasted about 10 mins, it was a really pointless storyline.

But overall I thought the episode was decent. Caitlin is hot as hell, but the KF thing just seemed the same as usual. Hoping the new season will be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"