The Flash The Flash Season 3 Episode 8 - "Invasion"

The Caped Knight

Shield Avenger
Reaction score
The Flash
s3-e8 "Invasion"

IT’S HEROES VS. ALIENS IN THIS EPIC CROSSOVER EVENT— When aliens called the Dominators attack Central City, Barry (Grant Gustin) speeds over to Star City to ask the Green Arrow (guest star Stephen Amell) for help in stopping them. Realizing the battle against the Dominators is bigger than they thought, they track down the Legends of Tomorrow, and Barry and Cisco (Carlos Valdes) create a breach to bring back a secret weapon – Supergirl (guest star Melissa Benoist). Once all of the super friends are assembled, they come up with a plan to attack but a shocking secret related to Flashpoint is revealed and suddenly no one is sure who they can trust. Meanwhile, Wally (Keiynan Lonsdale) wants to join the battle against the aliens but Iris (Candice Patton) tells him he’s not ready.

Dermott Downs directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kreisberg and teleplay by Aaron Helbing & Todd Helbing

Original airdate 11/29/2016.

[YT]xYnUYAVTw9k[/YT][YT]P74_VnaqN4s[/YT]
24w9hf6.jpg

Last edited:
The Flash
s3-e8 "Invasion"

IT’S HEROES VS. ALIENS IN THIS EPIC CROSSOVER EVENT— When aliens called the Dominators attack Central City, Barry (Grant Gustin) speeds over to Star City to ask the Green Arrow (guest star Stephen Amell) for help in stopping them. Realizing the battle against the Dominators is bigger than they thought, they track down the Legends of Tomorrow, and Barry and Cisco (Carlos Valdes) create a breach to bring back a secret weapon – Supergirl (guest star Melissa Benoist). Once all of the super friends are assembled, they come up with a plan to attack but a shocking secret related to Flashpoint is revealed and suddenly no one is sure who they can trust. Meanwhile, Wally (Keiynan Lonsdale) wants to join the battle against the aliens but Iris (Candice Patton) tells him he’s not ready.

Dermott Downs directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kreisberg and teleplay by Aaron Helbing & Todd Helbing

Original airdate 11/29/2016.

[YT]xYnUYAVTw9k[/YT][YT]P74_VnaqN4s[/YT]
24w9hf6.jpg

F@#$ YEAH !!!! :pcg: Agents of who ? Yes, I'm excited !

I'm guessing that the stuff with Barry calling on Team Arrow and the Legends will happen first and then flash forward in introducing Supergirl to them.

Basically this inspired by the original comic massive crossover event in the DC Universe published in 1989,

The massive 3-issue miniseries from 1988 is collected for the first time! In this universe- spanning saga, the deadly but emotionless Dominators have come to Earth to wipe out the threat posed by metahumans. But what is the real reason for their attack?

latest

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion!_(DC_Comics)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I really, really want this to be better than last season's crossover.

Basically this inspired by the original comic massive crossover event in the DC Universe published in 1989,

The massive 3-issue miniseries from 1988 is collected for the first time! In this universe- spanning saga, the deadly but emotionless Dominators have come to Earth to wipe out the threat posed by metahumans. But what is the real reason for their attack?

latest

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion!_(DC_Comics)

Man, I used to own that back in the day - one of DC's better crossover events (the best still being Crisis on Infinite Earths). Nostalgia !

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I really, really want this to be better than last season's crossover.

If you mean the flash and super girl one it was more of a guess staring from the flash then a full cross over, when you think about it all .

They still called it a crossover which was still cool to see them interact. Loved Grant's scenes with Jeremy!

I'm actually curious about this one. Did they release an extended trailer yet? We just got the teaser.

They still called it a crossover which was still cool to see them interact. Loved Grant's scenes with Jeremy!

I'm actually curious about this one. Did they release an extended trailer yet? We just got the teaser.
yes they did. It's below you (and above me ) as caped knight just put up . lol I still like the fact that with the commercial they named it heroes vs aliens sort a spin on monsters Versus aliens which disney did which had an animated series for a bit

So does this episode air first before we see him recruit Supergirl at the end of an episode of her show? Or does the Supergirl episode air first, and that part of the episode actually fits into the middle of this Flash episode chronologically?

From the description, it sounds like a fair bit of the story has occurred before they finally decide they need Supergirl. It can't be that Barry recruits Oliver and then the Legends all in the first 10-15 minutes of the episode, and then recruits Kara. It sounds as if they resort to her right at the end of the episode, which would make sense storywise. But then that means she wouldn't be in much of this episode.

And although Supergirl guest stars in this crossover, is any of the actual story covered in one of her episodes or is it that she's just guest starring in Arrow, Flash and LoT, with just a scene of recruiting in Supergirl?

Last edited:
The Supergirl part comes first. Then in the Flash part, we will see him recruit Green Arrow and the Legends in fighting the aliens before recruiting Supergirl. I think the climax of the episode will see Supergirl, Flash, Atom, Speedy, Firestorm, Diggle, and White Canary fighting several Dominators and perhaps any metahuman mind-controlled.

yes they did. It's below you (and above me ) as caped knight just put up . lol I still like the fact that with the commercial they named it heroes vs aliens sort a spin on monsters Versus aliens which disney did which had an animated series for a bit

Just watched the promos and.....

HOLY F@#$ING @#$% I JUST LOST MY MIND ! CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS !!!!

Can you tell I'm excited, I have to use caps as I'm actually shouting it.
If Superman (from Supergirl) showed up I'll lose my F#$#ING mind !
(I know it probably won't happen).

Last edited:
Here's The poster featuring The Scarlet Speedster speeding out from The Hall Of Justice. With Vibe opening a portal to Kara's world.
31680uv.jpg

Attachments

• The-Flash.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Just watched the promos and.....

HOLY F@#$ING @#$% I JUST LOST MY MIND ! CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS !!!!

Can you tell I'm excited, I have to use caps as I'm actually shouting it.
If Superman (from Supergirl) showed up I'll lose my F#$#ING mind !
(I know it probably won't happen).
Maybe next season with that last part. or with in 2 years there's a dangling plot of the thanagar invasion in legends of tomorrow, that the show runners left dangling if the protags of that series there will ever deal with that.

May be it can be H .V .A 2 with in 2 years

Same here. I haven't really enjoyed either seasons crossovers. Hoping this one is much better.

I wonder if all 4 episodes will be on the blu-rays?

Is Killer Frost going to help out, or is she just going to avoid using her powers?

I was hoping they'd have a tease for the aliens at the end of the previous episode.

2-minute extended trailer just released for the crossover:

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=117&v=cfvEscEGWfI[/YT]

I have to admit that I wasn't all that excited for the crossover (I'm not generally that into them) but HOLY **** this looks so good!!!! I'm super excited now, the Dominators look sick, they really upped their VFX game for this and it looks well worth it.

Last edited:
That 2-minute trailer is awesome!

The DCU movies need to step it up plenty of notches.

The posters are missing Caitlin, I hope she doesn't just sit there and actually does something with her powers. Maybe she can have it under control somewhat, even if she uses them briefly. Would be a shame to not include her.

Last edited:
Maybe they don't want to deal with the Killer Frost storyline because they'd have to spend time explaining things and focusing on it during an invasion storyline.

But they could have found a way for her to control her powers with those dampening bracelets.

Also, I miss Earth 2 Wells. He seemed more useful to the team than HR.

Are they going to address the fact that Diggle had a daughter before and now has a son because of Flashpoint? Or are they just going to gloss over that? It seems a pretty big plot point. I feel they'll just gloss over it for now during the crossover.

Last edited:

There better be some deus ex machina mind control reversal at play here. The Big Two being conveniently the ones exempt from the mind control is iffy enough, but if they can take down the combined might of Ollie's crew, the Legends, AND Supergirl without Kryptonite or any serious firepower, that'd be pushing it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"