The Flash Season 3 Episode 8 - "Invasion"

Discussion in 'The Flash' started by The Caped Knight, Nov 17, 2016.

?

Rate this Episode

1. 1

2. 2

3. 3

4. 4

5. 5

6. 6

7. 7

8. 8

9. 9

10. 10

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

OMG!!!!

We are now only missing The Dark Knight, The Amazonian Warrior Princess, The King Of Atlantis, The Green Guardian of The Cosmos !!!!!

2. ZIPBAGS Registered

Seeing the above youtube video and having Supergirl in the Flarrowverse. I wish they could just merge the universes already. How do you have a universe with all of those heroes and not have Supes(man & girl) and Batman. Would be cool to see Martian Manhunter join the teamups.

They could have some kind of event that merges the worlds and the only people who remember the changes are the heroes.

3. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

The Flash & Supergirl in Arrow

4. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

I couldn't take that line seriously. I mean, he might be saying that to Lyla now, but we *saw* Waller. She answered to no one other than her own bloodlust. I am fairly certain that guy only acted that way, because Lyla is relatively unintimidating and Waller was safely dead.

5. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Nah. Its a lucky stupid move. A stupid move that happens to work out is still stupid.

6. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

OTOH, part of that was the rest of the team benching everyone who could actually stand a chance against her. Note who didn't participate in the "training": Flash, Firestorm, Steel, Vixen. Basically, everyone who actually isn't prima facie ineffective. Which is why that training was laughably useless.

7. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

1. Budget

2. Because if they weren't benched, Supergirl wouldn't be able to trounce on the heroes in "training" nearly so much

8. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

There is no evidence on Supergirl that this is true.

Actually, they totally do have a place, because they bring skills that the other members don't have. Its not all about who can punch who, you also need ninjas and tacticians and gadgeteers and scientists.

Of course, this would require that Team CW have their lower powered heroes spend their time doing something other than charging at Supergirl. *cough*

9. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

I would like to think that the heroes considered looking for the Hawks, and then embarassingly looked around and admitted "Nah, I don't like them. Hawkman especially is a creepy *****e."

10. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

I think his reaction was understandable, but wrong. He's being irrational, but I can sympathize with why. My main worry is that he's going to embrace the dark side, so to speak, and not further embrace his anger rather than admit all the ways he's being unreasonable. Because, when you get right down to it, Cisco's brother died in an unpredictable accident of time. Barry's parents were murdered, intentionally. Cisco insisting that Barry is wrong is basically Cisco saying "You are bad for trying to keep your parents from being flat out murdered, because it *might* have a bad effect on me."

11. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Indeed. And yeah, the Legends had *no* business talking. They are casually reckless with time basically every episode, and have outright caused temporal changes much more severe and far reaching than Flashpoint, and just plain left them to remain.

12. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

I should probably add that Ollie was generally great this episode. I wish we could have this Ollie on Arrow, it'd be much improved.

13. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

One, for every episode like Turnbull, there's an episode where the Legends caused the aberration in the first place. . . and a third where they didn't, but make it vastly worse by their incompetence.

Two, I find it rather disturbing how "prevent a first degree murder" somehow became an act of selfishness.

14. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Hey, maybe it *is* the old hangar, but Flashpoint retconned its appearance. ;)

15. Joined:
    Nov 20, 2009
    So I just binged through the whole Invasion crossover in one sitting starting from Supergirl all the way to Legends just now. It started off strong with The Flash, took a nose-dive with Arrow and sorta returned with Legends.

I'd give the whole thing about a 7/10.
    Cool!
    It'd just diminish both Flash and Arrow as the "IT" superheroes.

16. Legendver2 Smokin' Sexy Style!

You mean like a Crisis? :woot:

17. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

My thoughts exactly
    [​IMG]

18. ZIPBAGS Registered

I don't buy all these concerns if Supergirl Earth merged with the Flarrow-Earth. How many times has Green Arrow been in a major fight and could have used the Flash and he wasn't there (well except for ratings crossovers ;) )? Just because Supergirl and Superman exist in the world. Doesn't mean Green Arrow has no place. It works in the comics.

I do wonder if ratings are good for this crossover. Will their be more of a push from CW to merge the universes? You can't tell me that is Supergirl AND Superman appear with Green Arrow & Flash it won't be huge. Plus, with the Supergirl reference to her cousin working with a guy with gadgets and personal demons...They could mean a Bats appearance. Just saying.

19. Legendver2 Smokin' Sexy Style!

I kinda prefer them to keep Batman fabled, a name drop here and there is enough. I don't want them potentially ruining him with a crap actor and crap TV leather suit costume.

20. Kelly #RESIST

You could do all of what you said above using the device that Cisco gave Kara....no need for a merge.

21. Osiris-Rex Head-Kick

Did you make this? It looks great.

22. Thome216 Registered

Yes, but if they merged, then she wouldn't the device.:gngl:

23. Thome216 Registered

That is a great pic. Nice!

24. Kelly #RESIST

But, she has the device....so your argument is moot.... :sly:

25. Chip Chipperson the big guy

absolutely awesome

love me some CWverse teamups