The Flash The Flash Season 4 Episode 1: "The Flash Reborn"

I thought this was a decent episode but of course Barry is back like 10 minutes in. He will probably have a few more side effects but still.

That was a very effective starting place for the season. Barry and Caitlin seem to have interesting arcs on the way, and the Thinker has plenty of promise.

I laughed that they seemed to use the same field that Supergirl used yesterday.
Well it probably saved money.

So we have a dark Supergirl and an insane Flash this week!
Both aren't going to last. Before the first episodes ended Kara made progress back to embracing her human heart, Kara Danvers isn't back yet but she's no longer a mistake and Barry stopped talking gibberish but I get the feeling something's not quite right yet

Last edited:
Solid premiere. Loving Barry's new suit and the Thinker looks awesome. So glad we don't have a speedster as the big bad of the season.

I'll just add by saying that I really loved the updated Opening Logo and even the modified color of the lighting that is used whenever the show cuts to a commercial. It definitely looks better than the cheaper looking font and lightning color that they used for the last 3 seasons.

Can we just let Caitlin control her powers and be an anti-hero already? This "she cannot control her powers" plot has gotten really old by this point.

Other than that, it was a decent premiere. Wally speaking Japanese was hilarious.

It was a solid start to the season. Loved seeing Cisco and Wally in the field that was pretty cool. I hope Cisco stays out of the lab from now on.

Well, it wasn't as disappointing as last year's premiere (mainly because I had actual expectations for that), but it wasn't great either. It was kind of ok for me. Not really feeling what they're doing with Caitlin at all.

Hoping this whole "non-speedster villain" thing pays off. It's well overdue.

Is there any difference between Caitlin/Killer Frost now compared to in early/mid season 3? Apart from the hair turning blonde when she becomes KF I don't see any difference, feels like they took a step backwards with her arc.

Aside from that, awesome premiere. Cisco and Wally had some great scenes together.

So Caitlin has two doctorates AND a PhD? Impressive. :word:

I thought it was a fun episode. Though having Iris not want Barry back was kinda odd.

So Caitlin has two doctorates AND a PhD? Impressive. :word:

Funny enough, Danielle graduated high school when she was 14. So apparently the actress is really smart as well.

The leap from wacked out Barry to back to normal Barry just because Iris was endangered made no sense.

Decent episode.

I hate to be "that guy", but it would have been fantastic had they spent 6 or so episodes with Wally as the Flash trying to live up to Barry's legacy and then did a version of Mark Waid's "Return of Barry Allen" story arc ending with the triumphant return of the REAL Barry Allen.

Though last season screwed that up the evil Barry Allen arc.

I will say that I warmed up to the idea of Iris as the de facto leader of Team Flash.

She does need to lighten up a bit.

That was a good but flawed premiere. I think it did an excellent job at setting up a more fun and lighthearted status quo for the season going forward (Barry has moved on from his crappy background, new suit, new arch nemesis, yada yada) but it was kinda disappointing as a resolution to Season 3's cliffhanger. We didn't explore the world without the Flash very much, and Barry's return lacked the emotional impact I think the writers wanted it to have. However, I am stoked for the rest of the season.

Pretty much agree here.

Solid premiere. Loving Barry's new suit and the Thinker looks awesome. So glad we don't have a speedster as the big bad of the season.

Definitely. The new suit looks really good and Thinker does look awesome!

Also, "This house is b*****n' :funny:

Average premiere episode.

All I got out of the ep is Iris should get a life instead of managing other people's. The team didn't need her, but they sure needed Cisco, yet who's the leader? Worse, there was nothing believable about her leadership. Andrew Kreisberg was telling the truth when he said the premiere is about Cisco and Iris, not Barry. Of the 3, Cisco was the only believable and relevant one. So the problems with Iris and Barry remains intact: she's shoehorned and he's just there.

All I got out of the ep is Iris should get a life instead of managing other people's. The team didn't need her, but they sure needed Cisco, yet who's the leader? Worse, there was nothing believable about her leadership. Andrew Kreisberg was telling the truth when he said the premiere is about Cisco and Iris, not Barry. Of the 3, Cisco was the only believable and relevant one. So the problems with Iris and Barry remains intact: she's shoehorned and he's just there.

get used to it.it's not going to change.show will remain more about iris.barry is li and hook to get people to watch.

Watching the episode I found myself not caring. It's been this way on and off for the last two seasons. I check in and out of episodes, in and out of seasons.

solid episode. Much better than Supergirl's premiere imo.

I'm glad they didn't drag out that nonsense of having Barry in the trapped in the speedforce.

It was a lazy cliffhanger anyway, and I'll thankful they quickly ditched it and got him out.

pftclxN_d.jpg

Lol so it takes someone threatening them for the team to take charge and bring Barry back?

This is certainly an interesting place for Caitlin to be in...

Cisco didn't change clothes.

It took Cisco this long to get his idea worked out. With Caitlyn to work out the kinks.

Really Cisco? You make a new suit right now? And how fast do you make suits dude!

Like the way to get him from SFP, I would assume he's had it done for a while, and was just waiting for Barry to turn up all nakey.

Are they really going to be playing with this dr jekyll and mr hyde with Caitlin? Just let her the two merge and be one HBIC! Have her go a bit blonder and be a nice medium.

Totally agree there! I thought how they left her last season was great, and was waiting to see how she progressed from there. Instead, we got a regression of her entire duality, which leaves us with no growth for the character at all. In the end, that (though not Caitlin herself) I felt was the weakest part of the premier.

I was expecting a lot more than just same'ol-same'ol...

Wally was pretty good, especially popping out the Japanese cause, 'he can do stuff...'

I liked how they were all working so well together, teaming up on the bad guys, even if they were only batting one out of three.

Julian being gone was a surprise though. I rarely read up during the off season. I hope he comes back. And Wells too. I missed him, as is one of the prime characters.

And sure seems being in the Speed Force has done him some good. I'm really hoping the playful Barry we see in the crossovers will come back and stay for a few season.

Last edited:
Barry with a beard looked weird to me I think Caitlin and killer frost are hot I think Barry coming back was to soon. It should of been a little longer and him talking nonsense was crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"