The Flash The Flash Season 3 Episode 8 - "Invasion"

Sure, he couldn't overpower Kara, but him being faster than her, he could at least keep her moving long enough to figure out a plan that ended up working.

Power to power, she is as they say 'invincible.' So it does come to mental ability to try and outwit a stronger opponent. But what was in his favor was that she was not making any decisions for herself. Were she free and thinking, it would have been a lot harder.:sly:

I think this episode has made a very convincing argument for why Supergirl's Earth should NEVER be fully merged with the Arrowverse. She's too damn powerful. Throw in Superman, Martian Manhunter and (in the future) Miss Martian and Mon-El too? Yeah...not a good idea, imo, geektastic as it may sound.

It is true that she is far stronger than the others, but this episode also shows that if she was able to defeat the Dominators on her own simply because she was stronger, then she could.

I think we'll see each show cater to the strengths of their stars, such as with the Flash. She's stronger, but he's faster, which brings mental acuity into play. And a good writing team should be able to account for that, such as has been happening on any Justice League cartoon.

On the cartoons, Superman and Batman are drastically different in strengths, yet are still equals and fill important positions on the team. So I don't think Supergirl being super powerful on the tv shows should make much of a difference here.

I will say that their over-protectiveness of Wally I think is causing damage. To have Barry going out and doing all these things, as well as Jessie on her Earth and Cisco and even Caitlyn, but to call Wally stupid for doing the same thing, is rather insulting. And suddenly I'm no so sure about HR. I think now that he's starting to undermine the team by co-opting Wally for some nefarious reason. I see this whole 'conman' persona as a ruse and he's going to cause some serious problems. And hopefully bring about the return Harry.

Yeah, the Legends have no business going after Barry. They have ****ed up more stuff than he has.

With hardly any consequence at that, which shows that their writing needs to improve. At least on the Flash, if you change history you see the repercussions, where on LoT they are none because the episode is over.

As for Cisco still being mad about Barry, it's all in relation to Flashpoint. They said how it would have repercussions all through the season, and here we are. I know a lot people were a bit put out about how quickly it was apparently resolved in the premier, myself included, but as we see now it won't be over for a long time! And Cisco's anger is a part of it.

Although, now he has to start getting around it before it does real damage to Team Flash.

As for Diggle, I think it was pretty clear that his son replaced the daughter, as Barry said baby John WAS baby Sara. As for as his reaction, I'll never really know how that would play out realistically, since he technically didn't lose a daughter, he has no emotional attachment to that daughter, so can he really be that pissed off?

To that I would say, oh hell yes he would! He may never have known her now, but he is a father regardless and can well imagine what it would be like to no longer have John Jr. Just because he doesn't remember her now doesn't make those emotions vanish. I think he'll have a deeper gripe against Barry than Cisco does for some time to come...

And now after seeing the STAR Labs hangar, I think Barry should do exactly as Thea suggested and, 'do something with it!'

I would love to see them, move from STAR Labs into the hanger and start setting it up as their base of operations. Or just as a meeting place for their team ups. That is so cool!

Well then, your taste is questionable.

That said, I'm not a hater of CWverse. I've accepted it for what it is rather than being pissed off about how potentially better it could be.

I dug the episode, but I still find the Hawks crossover better so far.

It isn't at all. The CW shows have mostly received praise from fans and critics, and have done since season 1 of Arrow, whereas the DCEU has received mixed reviews from fans and critics at best (MOS). So, if anyone's taste could be considered "questionable", it is those who prefer the movies. The CW shows are a success despite having much more limitations and less resources.

I was with him last week when he found out. His reaction was understandable. But he was a grade A dick in this one. Putting the team at risk by making Barry tell them this life changing news when they should be completely focused on the main problem. Barry even said he was gonna tell them when this was over.

I like him, but I wouldn't mind seeing someone give him a beatdown.

From what I understand (I don't watch the show), the "Legends" frequently - frequently - **** with time, so I thought them getting up on their high horses about Barry altering the timeline was hypocritical.

I almost understand where Cisco was coming from by forcing Barry to reveal the truth to everyone, but it seemed to me like he was doing it not because he thought everyone deserved to know what he'd done, but because he wanted everyone to dislike and shun Barry so that he could feel justified in his own feelings. A petty, selfish move that made him come across as...well...selfish and petty.

And I guess Cisco doesn't think he's a bad person for snooping through other people's possessions, because that's exactly how he found the recording in the first place.

I totally agree with you guys. While I can understand Cisco's issue with this, I thought he was going way overboard with his actions and came off very petty for it.

I really loved the fact that Kara and Oliver stood by Barry and how Oliver thought it was silly with how everyone was acting.

Btw, do you guys think that Cisco was completely justified in how he was handling things regarding Barry in this episode?

Cisco no longer has any faith or trust in Barry. Through his actions, Barry was exceptionally selfish and put all the others at risk. In this instance, Cisco's brother died. In another it could have been Caityln. Or Joe. Or Iris.

So there's pain and anger there. Now add the fact that Barry won't now go back and try and correct it again, and that adds even more angst, because now Barry did it about three times, but won't do it just once more for Cisco.

It's not rational, but then again pain never really is. And now Cisco is constantly wondering what else Barry has done that he hasn't told anyone, and how it might hurt them all. So when he finds the recording, it is in a way understandable that he would want Barry to explain himself.

Barry has a lot of trust to build back up.

The episode was good, but it incorporated all of the footage from Supergirl at the end of the previous night's episode. That therefore made the Supergirl portion of the crossover redundant, because you didn't need to actually watch that at all to follow what was going on. It was all repeated here. That meant that it wasn't really a true crossover. They should've had something else, or filmed it from a different angle.

So now the president is dead? They'll need a new one. Who is that going to be? Lynda Carter? Or maybe a Trump-like figure?

Wouldn't it have been better to reveal what the message was from future Barry on Legends of Tomorrow instead of Flash?

It was great that Supergirl was so powerful. She also seemed to be leading the team when they went to rescue the president. Or at least she felt like the leader, and Sara didn't seem like she was trying to fill that role.

I wish they had already figured out a way for Caitlin to control her powers so that she could help in the fight.

I don't think Kara went along as the leader, as such. But as the most powerful there, she was the best shield to stand behind. Except for the mind control part... Hope we don't have anymore mind control plots though. I'd say those are played out.

I wish they had already figured out a way for Caitlin to control her powers so that she could help in the fight.

I think that's coming up after the mid-season finale, maybe as a teaser scene toward the end.

From what I understand (I don't watch the show), the "Legends" frequently - frequently - **** with time, so I thought them getting up on their high horses about Barry altering the timeline was hypocritical.

But the difference is it is the mission of the LoT to repair the timeline when it gets damaged. Such as the last episode where an outlaw named Turnbull had taken over half the United States because
a time pirate let Turnball get ahold of something powerful he shouldn't have. So the LoT repaired the timeline by disrupting Turnbull's scheme. Thus the United States still exists coast to coast.
Barry screws up the timeline not to correct damages to it, but through his own selfishness and disregard to the consequences.
Sort of like the difference between a police officer and a chimpanzee with a gun. :cwink:

Can the POTUS really have been disposed of so easily? It's almost like the dominator said "you're fired!"

Also, Heatwave insisted he wasn't going to call Kara "Supergirl" or "Kara" but "skirt" if in need of help, but when it came to the crunch only minutes later, he called her "Supergirl".

Last edited:
Can the POTUS really have been disposed of so easily? It's almost like the dominator said "you're fired!"

Also, Heatwave insisted he wasn't going to call Kara "Supergirl" or "Kara" but "skirt" if in need of help, but when it came to the crunch only minutes later, he called her "Supergirl".

That was funny....unfortunately she couldn't help... :(

Surprisingly, Kara didn't really have any scenes with Felicity. I thought they would milk that. I don't know about the next two episodes of the crossover (and I don't want to know as I haven't watched them yet).

Surprisingly, Kara didn't really have any scenes with Felicity. I thought they would milk that. I don't know about the next two episodes of the crossover (and I don't want to know as I haven't watched them yet).

I think they will have more interaction with each other in tonight's Arrow episode.

I guess yeah, with the pull of one alien finger...

And I thought that was pretty neat too about him going back almost right away and calling her Supergirl. That resolution didn't last long.

This was a really good episode. My one big criticism, and I hate to say it, but the Wally story line just sucks. Iris and Joe's behavior here drove me nuts. Are we really going to go through this "I'm protecting you by being an a-hole" crap that we already went through with Harrison and Jesse? Now HR is going to train Wally, and we're going to go through all this secrets and lies stuff again. I love the CW superhero shows, but the "trust issues" plot is so, so old and boring now.

I don't know about you guys but the CGI and special effects for these shows has REALLY been impressive, I mean, wow, I wonder how they are getting the money for this stuff? On a CW tv budget?

How is HR going to train Wally? This is not Earth 2 Harrison Wells or Eobard Thawne disguised as Wells. How does HR know enough about the speed force or about training speedsters? What exactly is he going to do?

Also, was Martin Stein's wife just out, or was she divorced/ dead? His daughter didn't seem to indicate she was the latter though as she didn't seem upset by any mention of her. All she said was that she's not here. But that could have several meanings. Maybe we'll find out in LoT.

I don't think Kara went along as the leader, as such. But as the most powerful there, she was the best shield to stand behind. Except for the mind control part... Hope we don't have anymore mind control plots though. I'd say those are played out.
seeing that's how the dominators fight mostly it won't be the star labs team have a device for it already with their face off with both groddand another meta human that had pisonic ability which barry faced both in season one .

so they just have to make more and make them more not noticeable when the heroes wear them .

Cisco no longer has any faith or trust in Barry. Through his actions, Barry was exceptionally selfish and put all the others at risk. In this instance, Cisco's brother died. In another it could have been Caityln. Or Joe. Or Iris.

So there's pain and anger there. Now add the fact that Barry won't now go back and try and correct it again, and that adds even more angst, because now Barry did it about three times, but won't do it just once more for Cisco.

It's not rational, but then again pain never really is. And now Cisco is constantly wondering what else Barry has done that he hasn't told anyone, and how it might hurt them all. So when he finds the recording, it is in a way understandable that he would want Barry to explain himself.

Barry has a lot of trust to build back up.

yeah as I just said in the general discussion thread.
Seems like in this univers, any member who specializes in the IT/Electronics department become major self righteous and hypocritical individuals whenever someone close to them withholds the truth.
well we also have to remember while Cisco's anger did have the team at odd's with Barry once they found out the truth, the thing is with out knowing it saved them all yeah they left with out their leaders. but imagine what would have happened if all them were mind controlled? and it was just Cisco and Caitlin against them all? especially with joe and iris holding wally back. it would have gotten ugly. it was very twisted plot on the writers. But in a messed up way Cisco saved them all

The Hall Of Justice! I literarily Geeked out!
the design is faithful to the Superfriends right down to the star water fountain.
super-friends-73_L09.jpg

hall-justice-star-labs.jpg

Last edited:
When did they show the hall of justice? Was it an actual building or just architectural plans/ concept art?

When did they show the hall of justice? Was it an actual building or just architectural plans/ concept art?

It's an actual building that is seen, Barry summons the legends to arrive their before he travels with Cisco to Earth 38.

Where did this building pop up from all fully built? I thought it was just an aircraft hangar that he summoned them to.

I think Barry said something about it being an old lab that STAR Labs used to own, but probably didn't use as much. It looks different than the hangar we saw in "Rogue Air," but like the new DEO in Supergirl, it could be something that's been in the universe all this time, but just never shown.

An even better shot of the future landmark HALL OF JUSTICE from LOT!
[YT]mN_AHGV8EIU[/YT]

We just hadn't been there before. It's an old STAR Labs hangar/warehouse. The backside looks like a regular hangar while the front is 1940s styling, which probably means Wells/Thrawn bought the building rather than had it built.

I really hope this isn't the only time we see this building, as it bodes well for the future plans of the entire Arrowverse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"